Renault Clio 197 v1.51 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jan 3, 2015.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

To bad, i liked the way they drive otherwise. :)

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Until you're happy. Depending on a number of factors you might be choosing, whether it is aggression, the realroad preset or speed, whether you allowed the AI to qualify to be in the correct position, etc, you might be getting rollovers while others never do.

They don't use player physics. And yes, it is an AI issue, which can be lessened by reducing aggression as per the original reply, if your combination of factors allows it to happen at this time.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

OK...can we add car-specific AI Aggression to the list of UI mods needed? I don't see why I would want to lower a value for every car when only one has an issue.

4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I just did lots of testing with the Ai calibration stuff.

I was unable to reproduce the Clio rolling over at loch Drummond (short) or lrp (all chicanes). So it mist be a pretty specific set of factors that make it happen?

Then again even with aggression at zero the Seat Eurocup would flip at the same place at lrp all chicanes whatever method of ai calibration I tried. Unless strength was somewhere below 80%.

I'm not trying to be critical, just sharing what I found from a few hours time accelerated testing.

5. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Well, with the Old clio (haven't tried the new yet) it happened with me at loch drummond long (in the uphill chicane), and on Lime Rock Park in the final corner (with only first chicane, so you'ld have more speed in the final corner then you have with last chicane). If it happened, it was almost allways the case of the AI trying to overtake someone, and then clipping the kerbs to hard. And I rolled myself as well at the Loch Drummond chicane a couple of times (2 or 3 times I think), after really hitting the kerbs, and countersteering to late. That is btw the biggest problem I think. I seem to remember that the AI doesn't countersteer when on two wheels, and therefore they roll over. If they would countersteer, even briefly, they shouldn't roll over as much I think.
    (Of course I could also try to reduce aggression, since I do have that pretty high :p )

6. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Ah OK I might run more tests this evening.

Can confirm them not counter steering.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It's probably that simple, because otherwise they behave very realistically and have good awareness of their surroundings, although the new Clios are faster than the old ones I think. I am not going to reduce aggression below default just for this one car.

8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hello Rich,

In the player file you can try to reduce the value of AI Corner_Grip Usage to something like 0.97 (did that before because I had other cars two wheeling in some cases).

With this the Clio don't roll over kerbs in my case at Limerock and race cleanly.

I agree with you it should be possible to alter it for a specific car and not all, but it is like that with the present UI.

Hope it works for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  9. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

fantastic, I'll take a look!

10. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I'm pretty sure the new ones are the "Clio Cup 2010".... but here is the current pace on my server.

View attachment 15407

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Sorry, I meant the AI of the new one was faster (set at 100% compared to old one same).

12. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi Tim,

Does this version of the Clio already utilize the 'new contact patch'? It's hard to tell from the change-log as tire improvements are listed, but no direct indication the new model is utilized. And if no, what would then the status of the new model be? Your physics guy said with build 880 that there were some small issues left and another build would probably be needed to extract all out of the new model, but there was no new info in the build 906 and 910 change logs.

Greets,

R.

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

If you drop tire pressures to minimum you can see that there has been work done to the tire model but also you can see that the new contact patch isn't complete.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I think there were a few little things introduced in b880 - which, by the way, don't affect any cars unless they are re-worked to take advantage of these updates - but the new contact patch still hasn't been released, for the most-part.

15. stonec

stonec Registered

The stock car content is waiting for contact patch update to be released, so no, as far as I know no cars use it at moment.

16. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

I'd asked a few pages back, but this appears to be the only place that we get an answer...unless I missed something elsewhere in the forums :confused:

https://twitter.com/timwheatley1979/status/553013369876529152

17. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I think you would rather need individual settings for car/track combos, since most likely it's the AIW file + mod that creates lethal combination or not.

For best usability, my suggestion would be to have AI aggression setting changeable while driving (just like brake bias) and saved individually for each mod/track combo.
    Additionally, a key for resetting AI aggression back to default. Combos with AI aggression set to default would not have it stored and just taken from overall game settings.

Every time you change it, game would output AI setting to notification area in HUD - just like mentioned brake bias.

This way you can adjust it if you're unhappy with it and don't bother - next time the game will give you the exact settings you have used last time with given combo.

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That would be awesome if it was possible (for rF2) to adjust on the fly. A great debugging tool, too. Hopefully someone from ISI will confirm if it is indeed possible and just needs to be put in the UI, or if it's more complicated than that.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Strength (never tried Aggression) used to change when at the Track, you simply altered it and Restarted the Weekend and that saved quitting back to the Main Menu then re-loading the track. It worked in an older build but then stopped working, not tried it since to see if it's back. Surely if Strength did work then Agg could work too in the same way.

20. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I don´t think that this is a proper solution.
    (New) users are overstrained with the setting-possibilitys in rF2 already!
    When I watch some vids/let´s play´s of rF2 I often notice that people are not aware of UI-tweak-possibilitys in rF2.
    Most people just won´t use this feature anyways!
    It has to be adjusted atomatic!
    System must notice when car flips (at a particular point) and adjust the line and/or aggression as part of the automatic learning process.