Renault Clio 197 v1.51 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jan 3, 2015.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

News item: http://rfactor.net/web/2015/01/03/renault-clio-197-v1-51-now-available/

In what is effectively a complete overhaul, we’re very happy to bring you version 1.51 of the Renault Clio 197. This fun little car seems (in the words of one of our testers) a little more “grown up” now…

You can download the latest version here.

Note: Uninstall previous version(s) before installing the new one. Previous versions will show under Mlt in mod manager, new one will show under Veh.

Clio Cup v1.51 changelog (from v1.41):
    - Switched to ‘WheelsIncludeAllTireMass’ fix.
    - Moved to UltraChassis with flex, and slightly better geometry.
    - Better motion ratios on account of newer push-rod parameters and slightly soften front ARB to what should be a more realistic level.
    - Misc tyre tweaks, more detailed lookup table and extra nodes should make them more accurate over a wider range of conditions. Wear has also been reduced.
    - More realistic front and rear brake fade characteristics.
    - Auto ignition-cut on upshifts.
    - Maximized under tray collision points (up to 12 from 6).
    - New steering system.
    - Increased CG (on account of better data).
    - Auto-clutch more useful (more aggressively adjusted).
    - Damage tweaks (slightly stronger suspension against mild contacts).
    - Updated shaders.
    - Updated driver model.
    - Tweaked headlight parameters.
    - Liveries replaced/updated/added, all built against an improved template.
    - Updated icons.
    - Updated to use latest internal / external sound attenuation variables.
    - Updated to newest camera standard (centered bonnet cam, etc) and removed a couple excessive cams.
    - Minor AI tweaks to correlate slightly closer to player physics.
    - Removed some now obsolete lines.
    - Plus other miscellaneous tweaks.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

My word, you guys are on a complete roll here! Just throwing out good stuff left and right.

Thank you so much for this! :) :)

Oh forgot to ask, but does this car now have what is known as 'the new tire contact patch' implemented? Excuse my ignorance if I couldn't quite make it out from the change log. :)

3. FatCity

FatCity Registered

This is great, Its sunday morning in Melbourne ,Australia. What a way to wake up!
    First up, the 910 build, then the Clio rebuild, does that mean the Cobra by lunchtime and the Stockcars and Mountain Peak raceway by dinner time :cool:

Thanks Tim and of course ISI.

4. 88mphTim

This car should be on the packages page in the launcher soon, that's the only thing I can't do myself in the release process yet. Though I'm supposed to be able to in a week or two. For now you'll have to use the link in the first post to download direct and use mod manager.

5. tjc

tjc Registered

Good stuff. Thanks team. :)

6. Truerider

Truerider Registered

Wow,you guys are full of surprises the last few days!!!!! Thank you Tim and team.

7. Magus

Magus Registered

Thanks Tim, quick question, do we need to uninstall the Clio pace Car 2010 or leave that be?

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

gosh ISI are going at it over the holiday period too!

9. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I can't help noticing Clio thumbnails in new showroom, will get that one too eventually? :)

10. 88mphTim

That, if updated, would be updated in the core, then an additional PC version would be released. The 197 race car is different.

11. sg333

sg333 Registered

Absolutely love the original Clio, can't wait to try this! :D

12. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Another surprise, thanks!

13. dbell76

dbell76 Registered

This is fantastic!
    What a great day today......seat leon cup racer,new build and bäm.....my favourite car in rf2,updated clio!

Thank you ISI!

14. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Just drove it. A lot more progressive feeling behind steering wheel. It is a lot smoother going vehicle now. :) It was very rough, raw feel. Now it is more progressive, everything feels smoothed out. :D I like it.

Also just to test how the tires react to big slides induced by me (swinging left and right dramatically). Old version would end up having a long slide that most likely would finish with a half spin. New one is so delightful in that area. You just smash the throttle and swing left and right and you can go like this at ridiculous angles for a looooooong time :p Fanstastic feeling I must say. Brakes also feel a lot more progressive.

However I must also say that I don't know if the headlights are a bit too strong. Should I really see the beams lighting up so far ahead and wide? If so then ok. Also I noticed a bug that when driving at night, watching TV cam (or any other outside camera view) headlights have this white patch around headlamps. It looks like someone used white paint to cover the headlights. Looks dreadful. Can someone confirm that it is an general issue or is it just me?

Thanks a lot for that update. Enjoyed driving it a lot. Fun fun fun and once again so much fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The "auto-clutch" setting that was said to be improved in the build notes, that setting/those fixes will have an effect even for players who DON'T use the aid known as auto-clutch because these "auto-clutch" updates pertain to the way the car's actual clutch behave with regards to it's built in auto-lift (AKA upshift throttle cut) and auto-blip (AKA downshift throttle rev-matching) which is always active regardless if the player has the aid auto-clutch enabled or disabled...Correct?...

16. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Aaaaaaaand downloading.

Thank you ISI. :cool:

17. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

just bumping this one because it's my Nr.1 question as well. Tim?:)

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

Even with the old "rough edges" it was the most natural feeling FWD in sim-dom. Now it still is, but just that much better.

Also, this car is very well optimized and has realistic damage. Please update the NSX and some other resource hogs to match this beauty (including damage). It's 20 - 40% better FPS than some other (of the least efficient) cars, but looks perfectly fine to me, so no visual compromises to get the better performance.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

ISI said they only introduced a small amount of the updated core tyre model in b906, so even if this car is using the new model, it'll just be a small part of it since the majority of the updated tyre model hasn't been introduced yet.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Also there is one issue related to the new auto clutch I presume. When I change gears (either H-pattern or sequential modes), the RPM LEDs on my Fanatec wheel blip up to full (all on) during each shift even when I lift to shift or when coasting and downshifting. The engine is not rev matching to an extreme, so it seems like an automated response not related to what the engine is doing during the actual shift. Other cars with flat shifting, rev cuts, etc., do not do this. However, if you fail to lift while shifting a non-sequential tranny, you do get the revs flailing up--which is an expected behaviour, but one that should be avoided if you care about your engine or transmission lasting very long. So the lights are indicating a bad situation when they should not. It's distracting and presumably inaccurate (unless the real Clio Cup car has the strange configuration for some reason I can't fathom).