[Released]Black Hole Ring by Spaskis(WIP).

Discussion in 'Locations' started by GTClub_wajdi, Oct 25, 2012.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I didn't get it,is the real-road been implemented in this track?

2. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I didn't notice any better grip after 25 laps and also no darker race line so I would say real road is not implemented yet or it is just so slow to build up in this version.

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I started converting it yesterday. I need to repair some materials before releasing anything. this project was bone with the beta version of BTB and I need to get the license for my new computer to touch it. I am sorry but you will have to wait a couple of days to test it. Only myself has tried it in rf2 and I can tell you is amazing. This track was my "opera prima". This video is me driving in the rain. You have to be extremely carfeul with F2s. F3.5s are easier to drive.

1 person likes this.
  4. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Ummmm.... you didn't click on the special offer on the first page the link brings you to... did you???

Can you say Virus... I knew you could.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Bravo! Very very fun track! Can't wait to do more laps with ghost until AI is fixed. Also that banked turn and some of the dips are going to amazing online! Many thanks for your efforts!!!

6. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

OK I'm going to break the one praise email only rule and say that this track is my new favorite track! Unbelievable joy in the Spark F1 and drift city too if you want!

A couple more things. I simply have to know whether this is a fantasy track. If so, then I can see a dream team brewing...

vicent-sollana --> Gifted at identifying critical conversions like Toban
    SPASKIS & Mário Morais --> Fantasy track design wizards
    FONismo --> Visual consultant
    Feels3 --> Artistic and technical consultant

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

You need to get a physics guy in there as well as a modeller :)

9. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Totally OK with you!!...for the track and for the new ISI staff :D

I think it's a fantasy track (almost sure) and another one is happening (called Salem Valley, fantasy track from Spaskis for rF1 : he is going to convert to rF2)

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ok nice track,but it misses one of the most importante features in rF2,the Real Road!another thing is that it's too dark in the night races despite the presence of tens lampposts!

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Agreed but for tracks, these are the guys and they are delivering the goods NOW! Mods won't come until gold and that won't be until 2020 LOL. OK with me though b/c it will take me that long to master the Spark F1 LOL.

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Whoa that is a fantasy track too? I think I saw a video in the rain of that (maybe even in this thread LOL). I'm going to have to grab that in rf1 and check it out in anticipation which I love to do b/c going from rf1 track with gurney eagle to rf2 conversion with spark f1 is going to be amazing!

13. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Please keep in mind that this is a beta version of the track which by ISI standards means that he just started it yesterday and will be developing for 10 years so please be patient. :p

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

What?I know that it's a Beta,but Real Road must be implemented any way!

15. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Thanks for sharing this track. I've now had a chance to run a few laps online and it's 'pure' fun.
    The decreasing radius turns are very challenging to get right at speed, but man does it feel great when you do. I love trying to carry as much speed through 'The bowl' just before start/finish...without lifting. It's fun to 'hang' the car right out to the wall.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
  16. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Never mind this post! :)

17. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Sorry, but I already read it, before I realized what it said.

18. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Haha :)

I was looking for about half an hour how to install this track, then I made a post asking how, then I quickly typed in "install rfcmp mod" into google and it came up straight away. What a noob I am!

Anyway, just been driving this in the Eve F1, and OMG! This track is awesome to drive on!

That last banked corner is insane, I am already pooping myself just because the car scares the sh*t out of me, and then you just have to throw it into the banking, feeling like you are going way too fast and are going to die, and the car just about hooks into the track and you make it round. It's so scary and so awesome.

In terms of track design, Herman Tilkke should be fired and this guy should take his place! Love it!

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

For everybody who asked: This track is pure fantasy. It started on a small piece of paper, the same as Salem Valley, which will be available in beta version soon. So forget about finding real races in them in youtube :p. I hope it will not take 20 years to finish them both.

Regarding the proposed "fantasy design team"... I am really surprised of hearing such nice critics. I nearly can't believe the stuff I just read. In fact I don' understand very well what you mean because I do not belong to ISI. I am just an amateur simdriver who learnt making tracks in BTB! I would be glad to share my tracks with all the simracing community.

First I need to finish Black Hole Ring and I think the prioritary tasks are the following:

-Implement Real Road. Problem: I have no idea how. Does it need to be implemented from 3ds? or can I use, the new viewer, 3dsimed or devmode? I will carefully read "track technology" to get as many concepts clarified as I can but some help would will be really appreciated.

-Change the ugly treeside from almost half of the track. Does any body know a BTB xpack with nice treewalls? I don't like how the ones I have look like. If I set the standard string object, they are all the same height and if I introduce randmoness, The edges of the trees don't match and transparent lines appear.

-Configure HDR. If I turn HDR on, the grass looks very bright so I usually turn it off. Some objects look also very bright. Any tutorial on this or, at least, someone telling me where (which program I mean) to modify the different parameters to do trial and error would be appreciated.

-Fix AIW I will try to change it with AIW editor so that AIs drive properly and so that they can easily get out of the garage by changing a little bit the garage poitions.

-Introduce a background Now sky.gmt is not available any more I will try to export also from 3dsimed.

If somebody thinks I left something important, please post and will update the list with it. And thanks to everybody again. :rolleyes:

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I forgot one thing! Tomorrow night (I mean sunday night) at 10 pm (western european time) we will be holding some quick testing races (10 min practice, 5 min, qualy, 15 min race and so on every 30 minutes or so) prior to holding an event in the simracing site to which I belong. If anybody wants to join it would be very nice because the more people we are the more valid the test will be. We are a small community and only 12 people own rfactor2. The mod to play online is available in the main page of ourwebsite: http://www.racerfactor.com/