[Released]Black Hole Ring by Spaskis(WIP).

Discussion in 'Locations' started by GTClub_wajdi, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

As far as I know you can't edit sky anymore -rF2 has dynamic sky that changes based on weather conditions.

Also you forgot to mention you will fix all the minor issues that were reported (flickering billboards, track too dark at night, ...). :)

Anyway thanks a lot for this AWESOME fantasy track and keep up the good work! Looking forward to Salem Valley - any preview video available? ;)

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The last versión available already has solved the flickering of billboards. It also has solved the rollercoaster texture, lower baguettes. I really dont know which versión of it people are downloading. THE LATEST VERSION IS THE ONE THAT IS ICLUDED IN RR_Blackholering. To download it go to the link I provide in last post. I forgot to include light fixing as you say. I don't know why they dont work if they worked fine un rf1. I'll find out. Thx 4 your comments :)

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If you review the thread you will find it. I already posted one or you can look for it in my youtube channel

4. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I have the v1.0, didn't see any other. That reminds me - please include version number in the filename. It is probably a bit more work if you have to change version number every time but it is a lot easier to see if you have the latest version and we don't get into the whole mismatch thing as in rF1.

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I need to practice on making version updated for packages but I still havent tried. Please correct me if what I say is wrong: What I need to do is to create another componenet with new and overwritten files and rename it the same way with 1.1 and so.

6. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

You have two options:
    -create an update
    In this component you include only changed files. But user has to download all previous versions and that can be annoying if there are a lot of previous versions. I didn't see anyone use this except for ISI mods.

-create an updated full release
    You release the track the same way as you did the v1.0 (include all files) and change the version number. User can download only this version and he will have the latest (no need to download previous versions). All community locations currently released are using this method.

If you include version number in the filename users can have many different versions installed and that is great because anyone can create for example a vmod that uses v1.0, then you release v1.1 but that vmod can still use the v1.0 and some new vmod can use the v1.1 version and both vmods work. If you don't include version number in the filename user must overwrite the existing v1.0 and the old vmod will no longer work because it expects v1.0 but user has v1.1 installed. So it is really important that you include version in filename and that you update the version number with every release.

7. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

FPS optimization! :)

I have here from 1/2 to 1/3 of the fps i have in all the other released tracks, DEUNACITY too.

For people, as me, with PC close to the minimum required system the difference in playability between 60 fps and 20 fps, using the same graphics details, is huge! :)

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think I will go for this option at my stage of knowledge and it will be better for everybody and there is no chance of having problems with the installation. To avoid confusion I will refer as 1.00 (Black_Hole_Ring.rfcmp) and 1.01 (RR_Black_Hole_Ring.rfmod) to the two versions already in the cloud. I don't remember uploading anything else. The mod requires the updated installation of the Meganes.

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I will work on that as well. I will try to put several objects into high or medium details to avoid framerate loss, especially in the pitlane area. I will try to merge material as well in 3dsimed. This last thing I have to do it in 3dsimed when the project in BTB is definitive, so in order to redo jobs for nothing, I will not merge mater

10. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Thanks! :)

Yes, i am not a modder at all, but i guess fps can be raised with object LoDs, as you pointed, and, if the track is full of objects, also making invisible the less important of them, scaled down following the graphics level of "Circuit Detail"

11. ethone

ethone Registered

a) increase lateral poly density of the road surface (generally the minimum would be eight polys across the width of a track, more if the track is wider). RealRoad works on top of vertices (like vertex painting) and needs a sufficient density of said vertices to produce those effects
    b) use the correct shader (Road Two blabla) for the road material
    c) name the track pieces (and only those including polys using a road material) instances beginning with RaceSurface (say RaceSurface_01)

Unless there is some error in the HDR code that'll probably be some specific setting in your grass material, which is then exaggerated through HDR. You shouldn't have to do anything specific to make it work with HDR.
    So... Specularity perhaps?

There is a setting you can add to the .gdb:
    GarageDepth = x.x
    The higher the number, the further the AI will drive straight before turning. Just add it at the end of the first "paragraph" of settings. For Topeka I use 3.0, for Fuji 4.0.

Perhaps use a horizon ring with far terrain mapped onto it.

1 person likes this.
  12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

with road two, do you refer to "road shader two diffuse maps"?

13. ethone

ethone Registered

Yep, that's the one.

14. JGraf

JGraf Registered

i think this track is causing a "Needs VenueIcon" issue at the spinner.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

As I said in the Toban thread, not at home right now with my sim rig so can`t try the new releases but would like to say thanks for your work here Spaskis. I`ll be burning some virtual rubber on your track when I get back home. :)

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I guess you are right. I have had some trouble packing stuff. When I packed it I think I used an older version of MAS.exe. I don't know what causes this error.

However that is nothing compared to what happened to me yesterday and that took me whole afternoon DOING AND REDOING THE SAME THINGS. I will explain and maybe someone can give me a clue about it. Probably it should be posted somewhere else so please admins, feel free to move it from this thread to a more appropriate one if you consider better that way.

I had implemented some improvements to the pianos and to the AIW and I needed to repack my circuit with version 1.02 as recommended before in this thread. I did not experiment problems in dev mode, so everything should be fine in single player...
    I generated the new GMT, MAP and layout mas files, and after packing it, I tried to play in single player to be sure that the component was OK. To my surprise, after unistalling old version and installing the new one, the first problem: It appeared the icon of the other track I am working on to convert to rf2, Salem Valley. How? no idea. I checked that the gdb file referenced the correct dds file. I even extracted it from the mas file to check that it was correct. I have been thinking about it and, in my opinion, one thing does not make sense between dev and single player mode. I explain myself: In "bare mnimum ..." sticky thread it talks about changing the paths in scn file to correspond to the same ones in the location folder. However, when you pack it, all these structure is lost since all files go into different mas files. When I look at installed folder all mas files appear under each location name. I understand that in single palyer mode these search paths should be overriden to always search within the location folder. However I can tell you that I checked and rechecked that the mas file contained the appropriate dds. I even uninstalled Salem Valley deleted its components folders to try to get rid of aby instance of the dds that was appearing instead of the right one... and same result. My suspicion: I found out that several heavy files were generated in user data/log/cbash folder. What for? No idea.

The second HUGE problem : some seconds after the loading started it crashed with "unable" to load obj_0.gmt. After exporting and reexporting from 3dsimed always the same result. In dev mode it worked fine but when packing it was impossible to load. After several hours trying whatever solution that came to my head I meshed up the installation and the mods in packages folder did not appear in mod manager. So I had to reinstall everything twice. The first time I maintained user data, and since it still was wrong, I completely uninstalled and deleted everything and reinstalled it from the very beginning. Of course I firstly saved components, dev mode folder locations, player.plr and controller.ini files etc. After doing that, everything was fine so I tried to repack again the circuit. I remembered then, that one of the things that had stranged me is that sometimes the size of the rfcmp was significantly bigger than others. Since the problem was gmt loading, I check the correspondent mas file. To my surprise, the new file was half the size of the one that appeared after installing the mod RR_BlackHoleRing When I opened them, they both contained the same files! The only difference (apart from the size) was that in the "file type column" in the "corrupt" mas file it said GMT files and in the other one GMT v2.52 files. I still don't understand how is this possible. Yesterday, the behaviour of my computer was far from normal. Maybe its something related to my computer. I post in case it is related to some bug. The good thing is that after reinstalling I checked that several things had changed in the interface (smooth FFB, corrected car scheme for damages and wheel temperatures... Until yesterday I have been updating rf2 with the full installer without uninstalling the old version before with no apparent problems. Next time I will fully unininstall it because I think that is the only way to make sure you have the correct installation. Sorry if I extended too much trying to provide as much info as possible.

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You are welcome! I would like to make a new release when main bugs are fixed, but as I just posted I had some trouble yesterday...

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Woa... sounds like you had a few problems indeed. I hope someone can give you some assistance in getting them fixed up. :)

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Please find attached version 1.02 in the following link:

Corrected AI driveline (for single player mode)
    Corrected material for several kerbs

I would update the first post but I did not open this thread, so let's see if the owner does it.

I reccommend to play without HDR, grass looks better

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Update first page!:)