[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Dont want to be a smart-ass, but it is the opposite Im afraid.

Pantera appeared quite a lot in long distance races at the time, having a long racing carreer, along with Daytona in the hands of private teams. It had also some good sales in the States, Daytona too.

Miura, Iso Grifo, Mangusta and Bora never raced (havent checked, just from memory) and I doubt if they had any serious sales in the States, which was THE market then.

EDIT There was an Iso Grifo Can-Am? Must check...

2. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

No I meant in games mate. In gaming you don't see the Pantera as much. At least I don't remember seeing it much, unless I just overlooked it each time without noticing. :p

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Yes, the De Tomaso Pantera.... very nice car :) Would be nice to get into a Ford 351 Cleveland engine again :)

BTW, I know you probably already have your car list made up and are working on it, but if I may, I have a suggestion that would be nice, for me anyways, and likely others.

What I would like to see, by you guys at MAK-Corp or any other would be a Vintage Trans-Am mod that would have the 69 Camaro, the 69 Pontiac Firebird, the 70 Boss 302 Mustang, the 70 Challenger T/A and AAR 'Cuda, as well as the 70 and 71 AMC Javelin. The 71 would be the AMX version of the Javelin.

I realize I am dreaming, but hey, that is what we can all do :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
  4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi
    Thanks fot the great job the you and your team are doing to the community of rFactor:)
    Said this,what about physic/fbb?do you have some one that works on this aspect of the cars?do you have some testers that tests the car?

5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Derek Nye is the head of all physic and ffb aspects of our mod. As he has worked with all our team client engineers and understands the physics side of rfactor better then anyone else I know outside of ISI, he's the best guy for it. We have very few testers which is why we're thinking of making it open beta and allowing the community to test the mods and give us feedback so we can improve them. :)

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

That would be just wonderful :eek:

7. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

One of our modelers finished a car model earlier today and has just started work on the 1981 DMC Delorean. We'll be making the road/street version of it and will see about the BTTF Movie version once the road version is done. I'll be sure to post progress of it as it progresses. This car's for you. :)

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Glad to read this:)can't wait to test the 205 Maxi,one of the best car of all time!

9. jtbo

jtbo Registered

You know this link already? There is great document about Camaro, there is ton of other data I have collected too for Firebird of ours as they share lot between them, just give a shout if need something and I look if I have that on my files.
    http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

I'm currently missing few dimensions from front control arm mounting points for anti dive calculation, some stuff can be found from thread I made for antidive.

Are you planning on doing street tries or racing / both tires for cars?

10. demik

demik Registered

Nothing better to say ! Could have been the 205 Turbo 16 though :D

11. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Below is some progress shots of the 1980 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. The UVMap process has been completed thanks to Lukasz Kacprzykowski, the 2D Director of MAK-Corp. As you can see areas are color coded in the mapping. This method is done to provide an easier set of mapped areas for the painter to understand which part is which on the car. This works well when the mapper and painter are different people. Now that the car is mapped it will go to the painter's for painting. We'll be sure to show you more progress shots as it progresses. Enjoy!

The car model was made by Rico Hottewitzsch who has also modeled more cars, one of which will be shown over the coming days. Stay tuned!

12. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Even with only one car in a class, these will make for some great spec racing. Keep up the good work.

13. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I got an idea, we should put 'streetcar' tag to our mods, so people could get racing with cars from different mods, making huge amount of different vehicles on grid, what do you think?

As I understand both of mods will attempt at their best to create as close as possible to reality like performance to cars, so it would probably even work :p

14. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Some new screenshots of the 1980 Pontiac Trans Am texturing process. Textures are being done by Jack Hintz. There is still work to be done however and Jack is working to complete the car textures for it to be included in the Classic Cars Mod.

15. Trilez Prods

Trilez Prods Registered

Looks great!

I hope it really maintains this good looks when it is exported to rFactor 2, it ceirtantly has the technology to support it :)

16. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Oh yes, we'll ensure the quality is retained in game. As much as the game engine allows anyway. But you'll be pleasantly surprised when Open Beta's begin.

17. Trilez Prods

Trilez Prods Registered

That's what I wanted to hear. You've done an amazing job so far keep it up!

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Is the 1990 Peugeot 205 MAXI complete?

19. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

The 1990 Peugeot 205 MAXI is complete and released on RBR, We are thinking of updating it for the rf2 mod though as it could be a bit higher quality in some areas for rF2. Its something I will be discussing with the modeler. :)

20. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Here is some more progress of the texture process. Today some of the interior has been painted. Textures are done by Jack Hintz.

Enjoy!