[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

That's actually one of the next cars I have planned to have done along with some cars ADUBZ has been wanting for a while now. I'll keep you all posted.

1 person likes this.
  2. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Wow, look forward to this mod even more now. thank you :D

3. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Over the next couple days we'll be showing some nice updates of the classic cars mod as well as some more nifty things you may not have been expecting. So here goes with the first update.

Firstly, we have the first in-game spinner screenshots of the 1968 Lamborghini Miura P400. This car was modeled by Harry Pehbianto, UV Mapped by Lukasz Kacprzykowski and the livery shown in the screens was painted by Nigel Phelan. The in-game process was done by ADUBZ who has been working hard on adding these cars in game. Enjoy!

View attachment 3943 View attachment 3942

Next we have progress shots of the DMC Delorean otherwise known as the DMC-12. This car was modeled by Dimitriy Barishev who has been developing some fantastic models for us lately. UV Mapping and Textures are being done by Lukasz Kacprzykowski who is developing some superb textures for this car. Check out the attachments below!

View attachment 3944 View attachment 3945 View attachment 3946 View attachment 3947 View attachment 3948 View attachment 3949 View attachment 3950

And below we have the Back to the Future version done by the same guys!

View attachment 3951 View attachment 3952 View attachment 3953 View attachment 3954 View attachment 3955

Enjoy these new update shots for now as we get more things ready to show off. :)

4. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Really looking good lads keep it up:cool: I hope to drive this Delorean in a online race, as soon as i hit 88mph im gonna go back in time to begining of the race to let my rivals tires down. ;)

5. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Insane.

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yess..that looks very sexy:)I love the classic cars!

7. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

hi nice work there! I have a question does the shape of a tire affects directly the handling? or they have some presets to choose the handling?

8. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey all, here is a first hand look on one of the rFm menu images that will be used in the classic cars mod. This rFm menu image for the mod selection part of rF2 was made by Yarach who is also a member here on the ISI forums and offered to help. The rFm shown here is for the F1 1958 class rFm. Three cars will be included in this class, the Ferrari, Cooper and Vanwall. We currently don't have intention to model the other cars in the year, but might do so in the future.

Remember, classic cars and modern cars mods are mods developed with the intention of just adding cars that we and the community like. For ease of access, we place them in their specific class as we have done here for the three 1958 F1 cars. This allows us to ensure cars are in mod/rFm packages that relate to the specific cars in question and not mixing them up with cars that shouldn't be on track with them.

Thanks to Yarach for the fantastic menu images he is making which we'll be showing more of soon.

9. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

@TiTaN: Well the shape does affect the handling also because the game also reads the actual size of the model that is loaded as the tire. Of course the majority is based on the values placed in the tire physic files but there is emphasis that needs to be placed on the tire model also.

10. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Here are some progress shots of the texture process for the 1991 Mazda 787B. The exterior body of this model was done by Ionut Nicolaescu and was later updated by Rico Hottewitzsch who also modeled the interior. UV Map was done by Bernd Boehm and the textures are being done by Nigel Phelan. We will be sure to show more shots as the textures progress further.

Enjoy!

11. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

I wish I were as able as you guys! :)

12. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Looking very nice there Petros, can't wait to give them a spin on the tracks :)

13. Mauro

Mauro Registered

1958 F1 cars!

wow :)

14. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey all. A little bit of a slow week this past week with everyone having to deal with real life events but here is a preview of the progress on the Mazda 787B. Painted by Nigel Phelan of NWRAP, the 1991 Mazda 787B is progressing quite well. While we'll be looking at making more prototype cars in the future, the initial release will be a standalone car rFm incorporating the 787B in various liveries including its iconic 1991 Le Mans winning livery. Enjoy the previews!

15. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

+1

16. tjc

tjc Registered

Sweet!

Looking good guys. Very much looking forward to this.

:cool:

17. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

Just a quick update, The first internal build has been distributed for the physics and sound guys to start their work. I'll be constantly adding new cars (some not even announced) and keeping the guys with work to do, full steam ahead :).

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

We are here and waiting :)

19. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Indeed, we are waiting all the time :)

20. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Our middle name, "wait".

1 person likes this.