NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. vancstar

vancstar Registered

So the multicar system needs few tweaks to make sure each make and model has its own multicar model to pre load so drivers can join as they do now but see a relatively similar basic model of what they are really driving.

2. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Nice idea. Vance. Also if you need help with managing your skin packs, get in touch (although I agree it should not be this hard) S397 should actually make sure that new JSON files actually look like they should (and currently we have to manually edit them) - what a waste of time for all of us @Marcel Offermans

vancstar likes this.
  3. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I'm confused by this.
    How it reads is you what to make skins but expect the region to be automatic? How can that work?
    Excuse me if I'm reading this wrong.
    There's no way S397 can make the editor a automatic thing, you have to edit it yourself so it suits your livery. If you find this all to much or to hard the simple thing to do is make a generic region that uses only 1 region color for the complete livery. Set that color as Car Paint and use that same region.DDS and json on all your liveries. No further need to edit or make a region that suits the livery.
    Personally I make one for when I'm building a livery so I'm not getting a shadow coming through from the livery prier.
    Set the json so it only uses that region color.

It's only as hard as you want to make it.
    There are 6 regions available. I use the alpha for the carbon areas on every car whether it the GT Challenger Pack or the GT3 Pack. A basic thing that reduces the work load.

4. krusti

krusti Registered

No, he mean adding a missing part in the json with textures references in order to make it working in a skinpack, see here https://forum.studio-397.com/index....g-up-when-doing-a-skinpack.62712/#post-982448

However this should be solved now, with the basemat reference in the materialoverride line in the veh file @Brack Jabham
    It should, but i didn't try it yet, as i started working on my skinpack before the fix.