GP-2015 mod [cancelled]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Navigator, Feb 26, 2015.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

Nice job Nav, feels very nice(Sauber), Ive been doing a lot of laps in the ISI Marrussia at Melbourne as to me its the sim car. and to be honest this 2015 feels quite close to it once you have a good set for both , the Marrussia is a 1 29 car for me on softs , this is high 1.28 on ss and on the meds as you requested low 31's with fuel after 4 or 5 laps on a light rubberized track. love the occasional traction break when on the gas out of T 7 and the occasional Botas moments on the final exit. I did add my usaual standard set changes . preload, steering lock and dropped brake pressure to 80% and run a 23 front wing . and less camber on fronts. Look forward to its evolution

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@ Frenky,

No problem!

@ Bwana,

Thanks for your feedback. I find the camber part interesting; what did that do for you? Or; why did you? Maybe it can help me somehow.

3. bwana

bwana Registered

It's something I do automatically to almost every mod. In many cases l find inside temps rising whilst the advantage of the high camber negligible. something else strange when testing at Melbourne was on many laps l got a track cut warning at T5 ? Yet nowhere near cutting, tested with marrusia and F Isi and no issues.strange.

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This is a known Bug on this Track. I changed this for my own offline version. It`s just a line into the aiw file, wich should be moved a little bit.

//Edit: It`s T4 (former Hellas Corner), isn`t it?

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Yes probably t4 ,get message on entry into 5.. Strange that hundreds of laps in other f1 mods and never noticed it as an issue.

6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I just had time to do a few laps on Sao Paolo (first version was not appearing in game), I was immediately hooked, the mod has a great potencial.

I particularly enjoy the throttle control required, and the fact that you are encouraged to short shift in slow corners (as real drivers were doing in Barcelona).

With a quicky setup, just aero balance, I liked the fact that you could catch the rear end if you didn't overdo on the gas pedal.

I like brakes.

With a G27 and no TC I didn't find the car to understeer unduly.

I like sounds (internal, and external) and yes I have listened to the real sounds in the february test in Barcelona live (external sounds only, I was not allowed to drive the Mc Laren as usual, they had some problems at the moment).

I'll test more and report.

Thanks and congratulations.

7. hallenstein

hallenstein Registered

put racerfactor's low nose on the car
    reckon it looks good
    love the sound
    thanks for the mod
    View attachment 16155
    sorry, I am not much of a test driver but I like the torque and the fact that although you have to be gentle on the throttle you can still push the car without loosing control too unexpectedly
    keep up the good work
    cheers

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for the valuable feedback guys; very useful to me!!
    So please; keep it coming when you come up with more things.

As for the corner at Melbourne; I always had that......I thought it was the track as I never had a mod not doing that.

9. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Is the T4 problem discussed here from the Melbourne by Nibiru?

I ask because I have all F1 mods stacking up on T3. I recently discovered I had developed CPU overheating and was hoping overheat was causing T3 problems.
    New cooler on order.

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

T4, wrong cut warning. This has probably nothing to do with your CPU problem ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
  11. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Do you experience F1 cars stacking up at turn 3?? No problem with tintops.

**edit.. well "bust my buttons", totally ignore me, "they" are playing with my blood pressure drugs again, started new mix this morning. I'm totally wrong on Melbourne track, its another track I've been testing that has screwed AI on T3. Just totally disregard anything I say for a few days (months?). Good fun though, I guess.

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Had the idea of making a few laps, and ended lapping for one hour and half at Barcelona.

The car is very interesting to drive, well balanced (at 25F,40R), and requires a good throttle control.

Having more laps in my bag, I began to push, and I feel the brakes are a tad to easy to control even at 100 % strength (not powerful enough or to much longitudinal grip of tires, I think it's rather the later), you have really to hammer the pedal to lock tires.

It is true that drivers in 2015 didn't seem to struggle so much as last year to control braking (not at all during the winter test in Barcelona).

External noise is spot on.

The car is well born.

Thanks.

P.S. My comments, are with the Soft tire, may be I should have tested only with the medium after reading previous posts. Will do it tomorrow.

13. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

I gave this mod a spin at Sepang, and I'm pretty impressed! Great work, and I'm excited to see what's to come.

There are some issues with the sound I noticed though:

The onboard sound does not sound like the V6, it sounds more like the Formula Renault 3.5 but just revving higher. On the flip side, samples for the exterior sound great, but it revs a bit too low.

14. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for the feedback guys, very nice.

I will work on all that is said here.
    But I have to say; that might not always be on "the thing" you think that should be. This is a difficult car (engine) to work on.....
    For example; the torque output at lower revs have to be pretty high to get the wheels spinning in 1st, 2nd and 3th. The line can't get very steep after that as the car will go 500km/h. Letting it go horizontal, makes the turbo not spool up enough and topspeed decreases. Longitudal grip to low, will make the car behave like a mop as the power/torque gets in the way in every corner; almost breaking longitudal grip and with a simple corner, breaking lateral because of that.
    Lateral and longitudal have to be on a certain percentage of each other to keep the car "believable" also.
    Cornering speeds should match just as topspeed should match; that's a priority. The "time spend in one gear" should also match. So I'm stuck to a certain amount of power and torque.
    Changing one thing; makes you change 1001 other things with it.

What I'm trying to say is; please look at the end product; how does it drive in the game?
    Some odd value in the files; that can easily be........I'm trying "on paper" to get the behavior of a high rev turbo car (in real even with electrical power with it!) exactly the same as the real thing; I just can't take all the values of a normal F1 car from before the turbo's.

So; I DO change the things you say, but it might not show up in the file you would expect.

At this moment, I'm busy with all the feedback and am trying to get engine mapping in there also........
    Now the mapping doesn't work, but boost does. I can use that one; making a few settings you can assign the "decrease/increase" buttons to.
    However; power, torque, fuel usage and engine wear don't work with that when the engine has a turbo........
    I'm busy for over a week now to get it done with some tricks......recalculating the fuel settings and mixture effects to get more fuel usage also.
    How I want to do that; the new setting for engine rpm is 12.000 We see the real thing revving more some times when they are in qualy, so the mapping has 15 settings of 50 rpm; you can go up to 12.750rpm in the game, making the car have more torque and power (with turbo pressure as that one does work) and fuel usage. Wear also btw.
    It's not as said here on the forum sometimes (I think even by ISI in some notes) that you give more pressure and "the rest" goes with it; more pressure does not make the car go faster or give it more fuel usage; not with the insane high revs (for a turbo engine) and torque this one has.

It's difficult and I was hoping to publish a test version today, but things are not going great....... It does not do what I want it to ;)
    But please bare with me; I'm not ignoring anyone. Work IS done and it will be great, but not all files can be adjusted the way you would expect.

I hope to get another test version up here very soon! (And hope some of you are willing to test some more! :) )

15. bwana

bwana Registered

Good work Nav, keep at it ,you will crack it ,it is my 'go to' drive atm.

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Very nice to read Bwana, thank you!
    If all goes well; it gets even better :)

17. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Don't be despaired by the feedback (everyone is very positive of how the car feels), as is, the car is very interesting to drive, and not easy at all to push at the limits.
    It doesn't need dramatic changes, and as it is, I am very happy with it.

Take your time, don't rush versions just to please the crowd.
    Thanks again for your time and efforts.

18. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thank you Lgel; I will keep that in mind!

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

GP-2015 mod coming up! (Demo inside!!)

+1 [emoji4]

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

download links don't work for me...anybody got a working link for this one?