GP-2015 mod [cancelled]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Navigator, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for the feedback and movie guys.
    I did have that onboard footage; I record everything as I have a subscription and get all the onboard stuff, but it's nice you thought about that.

The latest version (just to test) is V0.6 and is not in the start topic. It's at page......ehm, 4 I believe.

Yes, different versions should not be installed at the same time. I never do that, but to me it's now so common that I forgot to mention.

Hoping to get a new version out this weekend :)

BTW; I don't remember who, but someone tested the rain tires; I never touched those so they may drive like crap. Please, if you test and give feedback, stay with the tires I ask you to test ;)
    I might put (way to much) time in looking into stuff that is not there. (And I can sure use my time!)

Not about this alone; he said that right away, but it happened with PM too; a guy told me something, I looked for a week and couldn't find it.........turned out he tested the ss tire..........the one I also never even touched.

But please, keep the feedback coming!

What I"ve been busy with;
    - engine fine-tuned a bit
    - made engine mapping settings: rain 1-3, race 1-3, qualifying 1-3
    - changed top speeds
    - changed sounds
    - changed brake/ grip just a bit

2. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Are you planning on changing the cars model Navigator??

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

No, I'm not......

My trial for 3dsimed has expired (on the last machine I had ;) ) plus I am not knowledgable enough.

4. martin

martin Registered

I've just stumbled upon this thread.im going to test this mod for sure sounds great

5. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

6. Frenky

Frenky Registered

If Navigator his purpose is maximum realism, I hope he uses a model without beam wing :)

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

About the model of RaceFactor; that has been suggested several times before and I know it is well meant.

However; I can't help but feeling a little offended by it too.
    Why? Well I spend about a year on this mod to date. It looks like, despite all my work, it is not good enough.
    Alesander is working on the skins; he would have to start all over......wow.
    I might have to start all over too; I know from recent experience that changing a model let's you do the whole thing all over; handling is gone, suspension doesn't work anymore like it should and so on.
    I'm in the middle of "getting it all together" and this might put me back......well.....a year!!
    "You" also send me off begging over there........those guys did a very good job and are not waiting for me to "try and steel the show" with it.
    I'm having enough trouble as it is, fine-tuning/getting top speeds right and so on........

Writing all this, thinking about it, makes me seriously reconsider; what am I doing? Am I still having fun? Is it good enough? (no) Why should I carry on as I started out the mod for own use and I think I can use it; goal achieved.

I know where "you guys" are coming from, but it still gets to me and the fun is a bit gone. There is only so many times I want to read that my mod drives okay, but the model is crap.
    I realize now that I am not knowledgable enough to put down a proper mod as I can't model myself; I'm just a wannabe and deliver half ass work. No; you don't said that, but I think so myself. And I am right.

8. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Really sorry! never meant that to sound in such way sorry if i offended or made you upset in anyway that is not what i intended to do your mod is great and i had no idea about how it will be Just like starting over and stuff. But good luck with your future endeavours with this mod

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

You don't have to say "sorry" mate; I know it's not meant in a wrong way. You probably didn't read the whole topic and didn't know how often it was told/asked. To me; it was one of the many.
    So, it just got me thinking and it got to me; I do that.

10. TJones

TJones Registered

Navigator, you have to accept one fact, you can't please everyone. Because people opinions are differ, there will always someone who don't like this or that.

It is your mod, you did all the work (AFAIK), you're not in service by anyone here. Don't take comments or suggestions to serious. You are completely free to decide which suggestion you favor or not.

If you're still interested, i have some feedback about rain tyres to you. :)
    Track was Sepang, tarmac was constantly full wet. Car was the Sauber. Setup wise starting with Default, i had to change a few parameters to get the car in balance again, otherwise it would oversteer a lot compared to dry.
    What i "roughly" chaged: Full rearwing, bit less frontwing, open diff a bit, but more preload, brakebalance a bit to the rear. As this setup is far from beeing perfect, i was'nt very comfortable with it, but it was ok. Just like under dry conditions i like the tyre behaviour at the limit, you can powerslide a bit out of slow corners. In the fast corners like the fast S or corner 3 it's still possible to slide a bit, but it's much more probable to lost the rear then, which is good. I usually had to deal with wheelspin up to 5th gear, so full throttle was only possible with 6th and up, on the straight.
    Tyre degradation was always very high, especially on the rear. In most cases the tyres where finished after 3 laps. Temps where about 70deg at the beginning but rise up to 90deg in progress of 3 laps.
    This about the full wets BTW. :)

I also tried the Intermediates, they didn't work very well here, grip was a bit lower, degradation was compareable to the full wets, balance was also compareable. Maybe it was still to wet for them.

I used build 930 and the trackversion before 1.58 (sorry forgot the number here).

Thanks for you're effort.
    Signing: A big fan of your work.

11. Lgel

Lgel Registered

It seems that you are a bit low on morale.

Don't blame yourself, modding is not a one man show, with the FR2 complexity, it is a team work, a collaboration between several persons having different skills (look at the credits of well known mods, or Reiza's).

You car is more than good enough, and I wouldn't mind driving it with a full set of 2013 skins, as it is very easy to do.

Not realistic but great fun.

Cheers.

12. bwana

bwana Registered

Chin up Nav, the work you have already done is outstanding, If you yourself are happy with it so far then that's ALL that counts but I can tell you as someone who wouldn't mind driving blank skins as long as it feels as I can only imagine ,like how the real car would, then Im more than happy. Others who also enjoy the drive will no doubt create skin packs for those that just have to have it look realistic to 2015 for replays and screen shots, something I for one have no interest in.

13. martin

martin Registered

guys ive downloaded the 2015 vo.6rfcmp do I need to install anything els for this to work?
    many thanks

14. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Nothing else. Problems?

15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Its true; I am a little bit low on morale. The changes aren't working the way I want them to, the Zonda has some issues and lately when I try to sit behind the pc to work on them and try to make some progress, I get a terrible headache, causing me to stop again.

I also realize I'm far from a modder and think a lot of it makes a difference what I do. Its just a small bit of what a modder does. What I do, I try to do the best I can, but is it good enough?

Then its pointed out to me (via pm also) about 16 times that the model is wrong and it just adds up, you know?

I wasn't angry or something. I also can't/don't blame the guys asking for the new model.
    Its just that "my doubts were verified".

Its good to see there is interest in the mod, even with the wrong model. I should keep that in mind; thanks!

@Martin, you can just install it; nothing else needed. Note that 0.6 is a test version; if you want the demo, you should take the 0.52 from the starting topic.

16. nultweezes

nultweezes Registered

I've never driven an F1 car obviously so I don't know exactly how close this is to the real thing. But I drove a lot of F1 cars on a lot of different sims. And I can say without doubt that this is the most fun mod I tried in recent times. Which is even more impressive becsuse it's still in progress.

And you do have to realise that people will ALWAYS complain. Even if they get something which someone put a lot of time in for free. Even if you made a mod which is visually and by physics 100% like the real thing. They'll always find something to cry about.
    I didn't even notice that the model was not entirely accurate, and honestly I don't care. It's good enough to not break immersion, it looks nice and is a lot of fun. And that's what it's about. Whether you are driving a mod or making one.

17. martin

martin Registered

No problem Jim I jus wanted to make sure before I installed it.well I've had my first few laps and can say it feels very good indeed.i like the sound and look.the torque is bloody amazing lol,I was in Shanghai coming onto the back straight and was wheelspining for along time even on 6th gear in the dry with hards on lol.on default setup.i watched replay and could see at times the tyre change from hard colour to wet tyres only for a few seconds.apart from that it's nice to drive
    I don't use aids so maybe if low tc was used it would be more drivable but that's preference
    Thanks for sharing this @navigator[emoji106]

18. martin

martin Registered

No problems Jim I just wanted to make sure.and it did install no problem

19. martin

martin Registered

Had my first laps in Shanghai.car feels very nice and with no aids on you can realy feel the torque.the wheels spin soooo easy in most gears if your not very easy on the throttle.the car looks good and the sound is spot on very good job.one thing I saw in replay is that the hard tyre changed colour to the blue wet tyre just a few seconds now and then.great job and thanks for sharing @navigator

20. bears

bears Registered

plus 1 for that...

Nav you build it your way with your skins its YOUR mod mate no one elses

BTW it is a very very good little mod also I have never driven an F1 car of course but your mod makes me feel like I am and that is the main thing...

Hope you see it through mate