GP-2015 mod [cancelled]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Navigator, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Are there some of you who want to test the new chassis version?
    I made the HDV corresponding to it, so there is a lot changed, but it should feel pretty much the same, WITH some alterations as given as feedback here; wing settings, drag (and so the engine again) and balance of the car. Also I changed the sound a bit, but that haven't come out great yet; I still have work on that.

It's the same versions, no new skins yet, but just physics mainly.
    I made it in comparison with the onboard footage from Melbourne and so I mainly focussed on medium and soft tires for now (can change the others corresponding later) and on medium wing setting.
    So, if you have Melbourne installed; that would be best (but no must of course).

If there are guys willing to test, I upload tomorrow.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I would be more than happy to test. :)

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Great! I'll upload tomorrow! Thanks.

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, this is as good a time as any for a change log so the test guys know what to look for :)

- 90% reworked chassis.ini
    - moved (spin)inertia's from HDV to chassis.ini
    - wheelbase and weight adjusted to 2015 standard
    - weight distribution altered
    - altered heatspread and turbo pressure in engine.ini
    - torque and power slightly changed
    - lowered steering torque (might need even more)
    - body drag reduced to a normal value
    - added wing settings front and rear
    - drag and lift altered on wings and diff
    - lowered CoG
    - altered grip levels in gmt files; only medium and soft for now
    - Altered the sound file inboard (needs more work, is not proper yet)
    - gear changes not allowed anymore
    - tons of small things I can't even remember ;)

Of course this is all still in development and is not "there yet". For instance; the wings (drag) are reworked, but I haven't got to the DRS yet and -for now- only the medium wing was my focus. So you might not have a proper speed at low- or high wing.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
  5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

And here it is :)
    On purpose not in the opening post; just testers needed.

Link:

Please test with the following settings:
    - Melbourne, wing at 20/39
    - Medium or soft tires
    - brake balance should be okay at 57,3/46,7
    - you might want to put the weight of the car a few clicks in front (I had front 46)
    - important; brake power at max please and tell me what you think

If you must change values a lot before you can drive it proper, please let me know!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
  6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Very interesting man, thanks. I will give it a go today. Imo good idea to set up a test scenario like that, it will probably be easier for you to use the feedback that way. :)

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Great, thanks!

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Interesting test drive I just had.

The car feels really good, I must say. A bit more stable in the rear in the fast corners, which is nice.
    It doesn't have that artificial "now I'm just gonna let go" feeling that the previous version had.

I managed to do a 1:28.xxx on Albert Park (top speed 319-320'ish kph) and found the car to behave pretty much as expected in many of the corners.
    I even made many of the same mistakes that caught out the real drivers this weekend.
    Rear snapping in the same places, having to quickly apply opposite lock in the same places, understeering in the same places.

There's a nice feeling all around I find, I get loads of information through the ffb and can act accordingly.
    The car is a handful with the ridiculous torque, but it's a sweet handful IMO.

Very interesting and promising mod, this. Keep at it! :cool:

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh yeah, the brakes feel good as well, but perhaps they should be a bit stronger at 100 percent?
    I had a little difficulty locking them up for some reason.

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Very nice, so it's going the right way! Thank you!

The brake though; do you have some setting altered and/or is your brake pedal okay? Because I seriously thought, it locked up to easy.......
    So I go and check my pedal again and the settings, but we both experience this thing different; that's a bit strange off course. I wonder how that comes.
    So if you don't mind; I'dd like a second opinion ;) Hehe, maybe someone else tested it too and can agree with one of us; than we know more.

Thanks for testing; it's good to see it's getting there and sometimes, altering/testing/altering/testing; I don't see it myself anymore :)

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm gonna check out the braking again, maybe I just didn't push it enough.
    I have a tendency to be a bit too easy on the brakes sometimes, without even noticing it.
    I'll have another look. :)

Edit: yep, sorry, I must have been too careful when testing before... It is definitely possible to lock up in a big way with 100 percent brake pressure.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
  12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ahh, okay, now we get closer :)
    Do you think it's to easy even, or you think it's proper like this?

Thanks again mate!

13. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Will test it (@ Melbourne), but it won't be today

BTW, top speed with DRS open @Melbourne 2015: 329 kph Williams :p

14. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Well, I couldn't wait and drove a couple of laps on Melbourne :p. With FW20/RW39 I have to admit that I had a lot of understeer in fast corners. I couldn't reach 1:28,0, barely managed to go below 1:30 :p (drove only 3 laps). I can drive a lot faster, but then I have to raise front wing to about 30 degrees or so. I still think the car is slightly to stable while accelerating (too much longitudinal tyre grip). I like the braking though! Good work!
    My top speed with DRS open was 324 kph. Looks fine if you are trying to simulate the Mercedes performance. Or are you aiming at the McLaren, which is some 4 seconds slower right now? Will test more intensively later!

15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for testing also Frenky.

I don't know about the grip; 30/39 makes you not able to turn in a corner, not even coasting. It's a matter of taste off course; the 20/39 was an example as how I thought it "should" be okay. I wonder if the 30 front is something you tried or just think might be right. If it's the first, hmm.....I got some work to do ;)
    I get your point, but when the new is off the tires, lets say 4 or 5 laps in, they start to get less stable again and the car has less grip (read: needs more adjusting) coming out of corners. Could you try some more laps on the same tires? (Not needed tonight ;) )

Braking should be okay now? Nice :)

As you say "longitudinal grip"......are you maybe looking at the TCB file?
    I changed the value and am a bit afraid to go any further as the braking will be involved too. And the most important; these values can't be compared anymore with your mod as I put the inertia's over from the hdv to the chassis.ini; they became 3-way values and work pretty different now. Grip levels had to be altered for this to work.
    So, that's why I asked you to do some more laps; maybe you set 22/39 for instance and when you drove 6 laps, you might agree it's okay.

About the top speed; I'm aiming to be somewhere "high middle" as the precise middle is hard to get off course, plus; there must be a bit of fun :)
    So, I'm happy with 324, not bad. (I got 322 ;) )

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

mediafire download doesn´t work for me

17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

The site is very slow and sometimes not available tonight I noticed; maybe it's that? I haven't changed a thing and guys were downloading it......I have no idea what I can do.
    Maybe wait a while? Hope it work soon enough for you!

18. Navigator

Navigator Registered

New test version up :) (Couldn't let go ;) )

I changed the characteristic of the engine while keeping the same power and up the torque just a bit.
    Changed the HDV to go with it.
    Changed rear medium tire, so please test this one out as the others may give a wrong example of the mod now.

I think the engine feels more "natural" now when coming to the point of shifting. Please test this version engine out up to 12.500 rpm.

I tried to fit the feedback from Frenky about the rear end in and that's what it all started; should feel "the same but different" now :)
    I mean by that; same performance and big part of the feel, but.....well, the torque should be a bit more present and (for some reason) I had the feeling of going fast more.......but I didn't. I think that has to do with the "more natural feel" of the engine.

Anyway,

Changelog:
    - reworked the engine to a bit more torque (and a more natural feel)
    - reworked the hdv to go with the engine
    - reworked medium rear tire

Test settings:
    - default, with:
    - rear wing 39, front from 20 up to 25 (beyond that, let me know please)
    - maybe put the brake balance a bit forward (if much, let me know please)

I hope you all like the engine! I was pleasantly surprised if I do say so myself ;)

And again I want to state; 74 downloads of the test version of which I explicitly asked to download just for testing and giving me feedback.
    From the 74; only two guys did that :(
    Come on guys; you can see I work on ALL the feedback. Why not help out to make this THE perfect mod??

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tu38jwwh2i1j5yb/NAF1_2015_V0.6B.rfcmp

19. gneffio

gneffio Registered

I'm just downloading right now, :D i will try some laps over RacerFactor Melbourne one. I'm not a great F1 driver :) but I will try my best to give my feedback. ;) Thank you for your work!

20. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thank you for that!
    And the feedback doesn't have to be professional; you can just say what you think too; is it what you would expect?