GP-2015 mod [cancelled]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Navigator, Feb 26, 2015.

1. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

I've been getting migraines from too much PC also in the past year. There was one week, when me and a lot of other people in the area had a tremendous migraine, me, my cousin, a friend of my dad's. It was very weird that we all got it at the same time. But ever since, if I'm behind the PC for more than an hour, I start to feel nausea, and then my head feels like it's going to explode. But it isn't just computer screens, but also TV, mobile devices, and even artificial lights which we all use after dark. But it's also weird that it only affects me now, after using computers and TV's nearly all day everyday for all my life with no problems. Must be the Fukushima radiation spreading around the world...

In all seriousness, I suggest taking a break from all of those (or as much as possible) for about a week, let your body heal itself.

And put your PC monitor's brightness to the lowest it can go, that's what I done to minimize the effect it has on me. Now anything brighter than lowest is really bright for me because I'm so used to it on the lowest setting.

When it started, I got out of bed to go to the toilet one night at about 2am, then I got vertigo for about 4 hours (worst experience of my life), a month later the migraines happened. I mended it by playing GTA all day instead of using the computer.
    Probably should've gone to the hospital to get checked out like a catscan or something, but my cousin went and they said there was nothing wrong with him, so I thought since we had the same problem they'd say the same for me.
    And if you're on your computer for hours at a time, make sure you have a drink with you, preferably water. You gotta keep your fluids up, it helps, trust me. 8 glasses of water per day minimum, they say.

See if anybody else in your area has unusually started to get migraines in the past week, I'm curious.

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Best wishes.

May be you could try to have a real life (opposed to virtual) for a while, have time with friends in person (no through Facebook), forget at home your smartphone, devote your free time to your family.

In a few weeks you'll get better no doubt.

Thanks for all your work.

Cheers.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

More people should follow this kind of advice. It's important not to get swallowed up in all the virtual nonsense and keep a grip on the things that matter. I need to get better at that too.

4. Lazarou

Lazarou Registered

Hi first time poster, long time lurker. Firstly thankyou for your efforts with the mod it was coming along nicely. More importantly though is your health and well being. I have not had issues with blacking out but anxiety and depression along with stress can do some crazy things physically and mentally but you need to go to a health care professional to confirm that is what is causing it then you can deal with sorting your other issues. I have dealt with this crap most of my adult life, it does get easier but you have to make that first step.

I hope you can find a way to overcome this. Take care, it can get better.

Paul

5. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

I'm sad to hear that but as everybody say here, health and well-being are the most important !
    Get well soon :)

6. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Yet another example of "Me, me, me..." and "I WANT", "This should be" killing a MOD project.... when will people learn ?

- ohh, and get well soon :)

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Go see a doctor Nav, knowing what's up wont hurt man, it just well may be the big positive in this all.
    Heck, it could be just motion-sickness and that's easy to tackle.

As for modding, put it in the fridge and next time simply don't expose yourself to the communities' expectations as such, you care too much man and that will only lead in disappointment as above so you gotta shield yourself from that and just regain the fun from modding.

take care :)

8. bwana

bwana Registered

Kind of hope your not reading (as it will mean your taking a full break from screens) nav but after quite a few laps of Shanghai your mod is almost spot on for qual times with the real cars. Testament to your work . Will be interested to see when they pit today on mediums(prime) as lm thinking 14 laps at 1 40\41 race pace..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
  9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I wasn't personally interested in these cars, but you do a lot of good work for the community. Get some rest, and thanks for all the efforts!

10. Corti

Corti Registered

Courage and take good care, you are your best friend. The best help the have at home.