GP-2015 mod [cancelled]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Navigator, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

For over a year now, I have been working on (mostly) the physics and sound of a GP 2014 mod.
    I can't paint or model, so I recently transferred the physics "and such" to the FISI 2012 mod. That needs some work though, but it's getting there.

I wrote Alesander Rodrigo who has made some nice skins for the FISI; maybe we can team up and make it a nice mod.

Anyway; work is more than halfway done; flex chassis, engine, turbo sound (working proper, not just "up with rpm") and tires.
    After studying hours and hours of onboard footage from last year, I think it seems okay; corner- and top speeds match pretty well.
    There is the difference in cars off course and I took "the middle" mostly.

It's going to have all the cars, teams and drivers of 2015 on the grid off course.
    The engine was some hard work to get the turbo running proper for speeds around 12.500 rpm and 15.000rpm.......
    So that's going to be an upgrade; normally you go up to 13.500 rpm and when you click the other engine, you can go all the way up to 15.000rpm.
    The sound is adjusted too than as the normal sound starts to get weird at those high numbers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Breaking news!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alesander Rodrigo just replied and agreed to use his skins!! Many, many thanks for that!
    So, now it's going to be a very nice mod; have you seen his work?!
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23529-F1-2015-Skins-for-Isi-Formula-Masters
    Nice hey?!!

So, it's not just my mod anymore; it's our mod and I'm a very happy man for someone of this caliber to join in; thanks Alesander!

The video

I made a small movie and as it's the first time I work with fraps.......the movie is crap, but it gives you a general idea.
    I tried to put Alesander's skin in there and that suit is the car wearing in the video.
    Anyway, the video.....excuse my driving; driving proper and fast wasn't my main goal at the time ;)
    It doesn't show how you should be careful coming out of a corner......but you do ;) Where I should have revved it......I didn't I see now. Had I floored the throttle, it would have skipped away at the rear. It is -when done proper and not exaggerated- controllable......but you have to be quick :)

[video]http://www.mediafire.com/watch/c8i3xk48w8n308i/rFactor2_Mod_Mode_2015-02-26_22-36-23-42.avi[/video]

And another movie (sorry for the quality, the mod is better ;) )
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13313246/Video 2-3-2015 19-15-25.mp4

Demo release

As promised, a demo :)
    Alesander and I have been working hard to get this out there before the season begins and we hope you like it ;)

There are two cars inside; Alonso's McLaren and the Sauber of mister Nasr.
    RPM is limited at 12.750 for now, but should be enough as last season, cars were running 12.300 up to 12.600 rpm.

Known issues?
    Enough ;)

All drivers are wearing Alonso's suit (for now, my bad)
    Spinner has some offset at the wheels

Here is the link:

Juergen-By was so nice to help prevent possible problems and renamed a lot of files, removing the - and making it _
    He also included icons; thank you very much for your work Juergen!!

Please feel free to give feedback.
    If it's physics wise; please send me a setup of how you feel you should set the car up to get it running properly. Keep in mind that the default setting is high downforce.
    If you change a lot for low, okay, but if you run out of settings (top or bottom) for something in high wing; I would like to know.

Test version

At the end of page 9 is a test version; feel free to use it, but don't see it as an update to the demo.
    In the test versions, I tried out stuff that is not always "better" than what's in the demo; it might even be worse.

So if you use it, please give me some feedback on it; it is much needed as the engine and physics are complex for a car like this and I want it to be perfect.

If you want to try it, drive it and just have some fun; take the demo. If you want to help out by giving feedback and don't mind a "weird thing" maybe; get the test version.
    I promise you (and I think all who have given feedback here will agree) that I will look into your findings. Not all right away of course, but up until now, I addressed 95% of the feedback I had so far. So you see; its not useless and you can help to get this mod the way you want (more or less of course; can't suit you all ;) )

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
  2. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Link not working for me?

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

For me neither; still uploading ;)
    Thought it would be done by now, but........

Please comment on the sound btw.

4. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Really looking forward to this! :D
    (link not working for me neither)

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

it was only a question of time :D
    Looking forward to this.

It seems the upload is still running. I try it later again.

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Damn internet speed.......it's about 6 or 700 mb and it's been going for 2 hours now!

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Don't worry :) I've added the thread to my subscriptions. With Tapatalk it easy to follow the news.

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

It should work now! :)

9. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

oh lord, stop teasing put something i can download and install :)

Thanks in advance!

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Working on another link right now; mister dropbox said to much activity.......

Mister media fire said "okay" and so the new link for the video is up :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  11. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Sounds good to me.

12. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Navigator, would you consider using my Williams?,

[​IMG]

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@ Mydriaz; you mean the sounds themselves or just the general post of the mod? Hope you mean the sounds; that was a lot of work and is practically finished.

@ Acestumacher; wow, that's a nice one! Yes please :)
    However; does it fit on the FISI 2012 car? Or does it have to have it's own model? If so; I don't know if I can implement that; another model for two cars in one mod.
    I like the tire's also I have to say ;)
    The FISI has wrong tires. Where did you get yours? Or are they self made? If so......you know already what my next question is going to be, right? ;)

Thanks for replying guys!

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Horrible, but this isn`t your fault ;-)

15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ehm.....really? You find it horrible? What exactly is it that makes you say that? Maybe I can change something on it?

EDIT; ah crap, I just got it :) LOL

New question; how do you guys find the sound compared to the original (horrible) modern day F1 sounds? ;)

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah, this years F1 sounds horrible, from the original ;-)

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

My experience and knowledge about F1 is very limited but I've found this video.

For me it seems as the sound/noise of the engine is louder compared to 2014 (specially the turbo sound).

To give an answer to your question about the sound:
    The off throttle and lower on throttle range sounds (from sec. 3 - 11) "good" ;) or let me say it remembers me to what I've know from onboard videos.
    The higher rev area (for me) could be sound a bit more dull.

18. Alesander Rodrigo

Alesander Rodrigo Registered

I'll work with my skins of 2015 for making this mod an epic adventure, so guys, this will be legen-dary!

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

And I'm very sure of that! Thanks again for this mate. Very nice of you to join in; we are going to set a nice mod here.
    I altered the start topic with the great news!

@ Alpha bravo; sorry mate, that last part I didn't understand (I think)........you mean my sound should be a bit more dull? (Thanks for commenting btw!)

20. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

not easy to explain :p
    What I mean is the sound in the higher rpm range approximately between 10.000 and 15.000 rpm.
    In this range it sounds for me still more like an V8.

Sorry I know it's again a bad explanation :p