G25/27 horrendous rattling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mee, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm gonna live with the rattling as I always have done, was tempted to get a new wheel but thought naaaahhhh...ordered a new PC bundle instead!
    New Wheel can be my Christmas Present to myself :p

2. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

90,000+ Views ,19 Pages, 361 Replies...I really hope ISI sees that this IS a Issue and needs to be fixed... Just a number out the air I would say 80% of Rfactor racers use a Logitech G25/G27 Wheel or some form of Logitech wheel to race.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

and how many of the 361 replies did you read? my guess is none! Theres is nothing to be "fixed" just something added to the UI in a later Build (hopefully).

80% eh? anyone can grab a random number out the air so I'm gonna say 73.56% !!

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yes. 19 pages and just maybe the first 5 worth reading.
    The rest, totally irrelevant bitching, mine included :(

5. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

I have read Alot of the Post, I f I didnt I wouldn't have posted anything... Yes I did just say a Random number, but scanning the threads You can't say the Majority isn't using Logitech wheels.. And Yes (Hopefully) isn't that reassuring :)
    MarcG Glad to see your PC is up and going again you argumentative puker you lol

LOL I see that lol I really enjoy the Comments go buy a New Belt Driven wheel like the Old Logitech GT FFB lol so we are forced to take 10 steps back from G27 tech to Rubberband tech lol

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

well obviously the majority in this thread because most people using a G25/27 are gonna read this ;) again though there is nothing to Fix so you'll be waiting for nothing I'm afraid.

Took the SSD out and everythings fine...IDE is the future :p

7. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Yup I had a SSD for 2 weeks yes it booted a few seconds faster but tech is to new 2 yeers SSD will be half the cost and more usable- for the time being I am 100% satisfied with the 1.5TB Sata3 HDD (spool up to 7200 rpm and lets roll lol) !

How can there not be a fix? RF1 ran perfect and the sims I have dont have this issue, its just RF2... but I guess it's just beating my head against a wall to ask such questions lol Who is doing some racing right now Im thinking of turning the FFB Multiplier up to 5 and going off roading lol

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

again you hav'nt read the thread have you!?! in short RF2 is the first Sim to not "dumb down" FFB effects, thus you need to do it via the controller.ini and the torque setting which will become available in the UI one day.

9. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

MarcG our translation difference is awesome lol i love you lol
    thanks for the news about the posts I ve already read lol!

are you racing one of the cars in your Avatar?

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

no

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Mitt, your missing the point, ISI's stance on this is that they prefer to not filter and dumb down the ffb effects and are using raw data not canned. There will be UI improvements in the future to allow for better configurations without having to edit the ini file. There is nothing that needs to be fixed other than the end users wheel.

12. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

but on other hand how real are sensations on steering wheel in rF2. For example if dumping coming from how car is simulated. For example from silent-blocks. Another case is lack of power steering simulation which would add additional and realistic dumping.

From this point of view, adding dumping may be more realistic than current state. Just idea.

13. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Typical race car have uni-balls so there is almost no damping in suspension. Silent blocks are used mainly in road cars to increase driving comfort and damp some of forces coming through tyres.

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Thx Lesiu for clarifying. So, only power steering issue left, but only for some cars which are equipped with it.

15. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I never got myself too deep into when exactly power steering affect steering rack but I think, it does not damp any forces when passive - when not helping driver, lowering steering effort. But even then, I think it is more about helping driver with turning wheel (so making those forces weaker), rather than damping anything.

16. Tony

Tony Registered

Hehe.. this thread is like bad wind in a lift & you're in for the ride to the top floor :p

I don't see anything amiss with Mitt's post - & I think he's nearly right about the percentage too, maybe 79.2%.. & yea ISI have got to fix it, & they are with the UI & filtering ..so that's sorted then :D

17. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I know this is probably impossible, but is enough raw information available via API to create a plugin to enhance G27? Reason for asking is that, understandably, ISI is not going to develop optimum ffb for G27 which totally makes sense but I wonder if it is possible to make a plugin to do this or if only ISI could do this. Keep in mind that I am in the camp of "I don't care" b/c I LOVE the ffb as it is and have been having a blast since I decided not to worry about my wheel. Just wondering if it is possible for the mod community to step up? Again just sincerely curious from a nerd perspective....

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

missed the point completley but well done!

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

lol

20. osella

osella Registered

IMO the best solution for ISI on how not to scare all the future G25/7 users would be to set lower default ffb multiplier to something like 0.5 or 0.6. Then the rattling becomes much weaker, so do all other forces as well, but if players later decide to increase this number to, they will think "well, I increased all forces so it makes sense that the rattling is stronger too". They won't think that it's their wheel that has troubles coping with rf2.
    If they keep the multi at 1.0 default, even if they include the torque and other filters in the UI, it makes people think that they have to do something special, which either means that their wheel is wrong or rf2 is wrong.

After all all the forces definitely are stronger compared to all other sims from what I remember. Not just rattling, even the "good" forces feel too strong compared to default rf1 or GTR2 or RBR or RRE settings. Not sure if that's good at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.