G25/27 horrendous rattling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mee, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I'm assuming you don't use a G27, because if you did, you would know this rattling is not normal.

Perhaps you can help us understand where we can "filter" this one and only effect, because the only real way to get rid of this terrible rattling is to turn FFB all the way off.

This is the only "simulation" that does this, so there has to be something ISI can do to help us poor G27 owners out.

2. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

You must not own a G27 either because if you did, you would agree with us, that something needs to be done.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Prime example Tim, sticky a thread with the filter setting (thats mentioned hundreds of times in this thread hoser70) and lock this bad boy!

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

read the thread!

5. argo0

argo0 Registered

Other, far more expensive wheels have FFB issues with RF2 as well -

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7952-General-FFB-weirdness
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/8069-Fanatec-CSW-death-rattle-with-F2-car
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7860-FFB-harsh-on-track-bumps
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/8078-Loss-of-FFB-upon-reentering-Track-with-CSW

Ah well, nothings perfect. I don't know if ISI can improve the FFB but I want them to. I think its great as it is, once I'd got my settings sorted. I also think my G27 is fantastic. Loving it all! Can't wait for update.

6. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

The rFactor engine knows when to throw stones up in the air for a visual effect when you go off road. So why cannot we have setting for off road and one for curbs.

This software is for entertainment so if the majority of us want curbs that do not shake our wheels to bits or produce too much noise for the domestic environment that is what should be provided with.

ISI should code the software to provide what we want and what we want is the ability to tune out this one problem!

7. Thingriz

Thingriz Registered

WHAT! Wheel has received no damage so it's OK? It's awful. It's also very unbalanced. This is Beta so it can be fixed. Give us the control of our own FFB. Don't force it on us til we ruin our wheels. I think the FFB on the pavement and the off track stuff is way off. As in- no feel on the track and grass feels like curb.

8. Thingriz

Thingriz Registered

I am also noticing that the FFB is coming on and off randomly. As in I can feel weight on the steering wheel when I steer right or left- but no weight to tires or track. I have FFB in the practice and warmup qualify. Then when I change to actual race the FFB just shuts off. Not all the time, but alot.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
  9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You do have more control with this title already than any other software, or any genre, as far as I'm aware. You have the option to add the filtering you are being told to add, or not to. You have that control. You do. You. :)

Grass is bumpy, kerbs are bumpy. They do everything they can to make tracks NOT bumpy. That's how they are, that is how they are simulated, that is what you're feeling. You're asking for massively unrealistic FFB levels, giving you an advantage no real driver ever has. Most of the time they avoid kerbs when the car is loaded on that side... Add filtering if you don't like the FFB unfiltered.

10. 88mphTim

And you can, by adding filtering.

We have. You have the ability to filter it.

11. 88mphTim

Those issues with other wheels are nothing to do with this threads subject.

12. 88mphTim

There's a nice, useful thread at the top of the forum with the title 'getting started' which would allow people getting started to see how to add filtering, if they got started there.

It's also going to be in the UI soon.

13. 88mphTim

Yes, and it's the only simulation to offer unfiltered FFB. To get rid of this that you don't like, add filtering.

The "getting started" thread in this forum explains how to add filtering. Get started there...

14. 88mphTim

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/5304-Get-Started-Here-(how-to-purchase-faq-etc)

Q. The Force Feedback is strong and noisy on my Logitech G25/G27?
    A. Yes. This is because most racing games and simulations filter Force Feedback. We, by default, do not, because most wheels can take it unfiltered without issue. However, the G25 and G27 are noisy when it is not filtered. If you want to add filtering:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.