Symmons Plains Raceway [WIP]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by WHAT21A, Jun 15, 2013.

1. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

I think your comment is uncalled for WHAT21A, I am open to all positive and negative comments, that will improve my learning curve in track building,

INTEL48

2. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

How can you say You Mean No offence and then finish it like that ..... Not needed IMO I cant see any one saying is that your version And every1 can see theres no resemblence in your screen shot's to Intel's

Love your work.. but dont pay out on others that are learning and just want something to race!

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah wow you guys should be all helping each other.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Thisssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

I honestly did not mean any offence and if it was taken that way i can only apologize. All i meant with the comment was that its clearly made in bobs track builder and personally i hate that program and would never release anything made with it.

I've shown i'm more than happy to help people out if they have questions and encourage them but that doesn't change the fact i received 4 different emails yesterday evening about if the track was leaked or stolen from me and i wanted to put that to rest, i didn't understand the confusion either but there was confusion there.

Now i regard this matter closed and if you want any help in the future INTEL48 then gladly contact me i'm more than happy to help if i can. My contact details are on my website.

6. Radar

Radar Registered

Well said What21. Words in a post can be taken the wrong way and I'm sure this will sort things out.

If I knew what I knew now about 3Ds Max, I would have created my 1st work using the program, unfortunatly not everyone can buy the program, or can purchase through student licensing and therefore don't have much choice (although I hear Google Sketchup is improving).

Will you be doing any videos or blending videos (I recall someone had mentioned) sometime soon? Rather than PMs for help, I honestly think these should be mentioned in the open for all to learn.

7. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

I've started doing video tutorials for the terrain blending but since moving back home after my graduation i haven't really felt like sitting down and going through it all right now.

I will get around too it soon enough and if i don't for a video then i'll defiantly a written tutorial. These will all be in Max though for people using other programs i can't really help.

8. Hazi

Hazi Registered

TIA

9. Coanda

Coanda Registered

@ Radar - Have you tried Blender? I am new to 3D modelling but it seems fairly good to me.

10. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

Worked on a custom safety car animation for the corner workers. I've released the ANM file on my website along with a video showing it in action.

Having the workers hold the sign above their heads doesn't really work at Symmons with the roof over their heads so did this where the board is hung over the side of the guard rail.

Click image for video and download page.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

wowww great work!

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Cool... :)

13. sg333

sg333 Registered

Very nice! :D

14. Radar

Radar Registered

I have, it's easy I know but I'm thinking of other people here who I have seen ask :)

15. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

Was torn whether or not to do this building but I've seen it in so many picture i decided too. May look a little odd as I've upped the gamma on the screenshot.

[​IMG]

16. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Just a comment on Bob's Track Builder. I used it for both Lakeside and Queensland Raceway, but only to do the track and terrain.

I then import into 3D max and do the rest in there. BTB can not provide the high level of detail needed and certainly can not to the textures as well. Something else I hate about BTB is the way it does the polys. too messy. Much of my terrain I rebuild for that reason. But for laying a basic foundation, it is quite OK. Just do the rest in Max or similar.

17. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Well said!

This is exactly what I've try to encourage new trackbuilders to do, if some reason it cannot be done in Max from start to finish...;)

Cheers!

18. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

When I did Lakeside, I used a topography map and got the loft of the track to within a metre. I also used tiny thin roads to do the topo of the terrain and joined them and got very accurate terrain that way.

To get the cambers correct as possible, I drove to the track and took 1,000 or so photos and walked the track as well. Did that on a day when not in use.

I then adjusted the cambers in BTB which is very good for that, and lots of test driving got it pretty good. The rest of the track and all the objects were done in Max. I did use BTB walls and fences as place markers (the Topo map had all that and more) and then built new fences and walls.

I have just redone the track in BTB making the segments much closer and also adjusted the track. It had errors from before. Iwill be shown in the WIP thread I have going for it.

19. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

Super work Shaun :D

20. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Not to hijack your thread, because you're doing amazing work. This is just a comment on ISI's choice of color temperature overall in the game. I used your photo as a quick example because of the high quality. Notice with just some quick and dirty color correcting how the photo looks just a tad closer to realism. Notice around the shadow area around the air-conditioners how much more the cooler temp helps. Really hope ISI thinks about it at least.

[​IMG]