So...whos trying pcars too?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Sorry for the slow reply. Invoke-WebRequest is part of PowerShell 3.0 and newer. Win8 comes with powershell 3 and win8.1 comes with 4.0. I am guessing you are running Win7 which came with PS2.0 but you can download PS3.0 for Win7 from Microsoft if you want to.

Here is a download link for PS3.0:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34595

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
  2. Just seen this on amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Namco-Banda...8&qid=1407741812&sr=8-3&keywords=project+cars

Is this really how its going to advertise itself ? it all feels a bit far fetched of them to make such claims.
    Plus it reads like a ten year old has written it.

3. Minibull

Minibull Member

Like all good advertising blurbs then... XD

4. I wouldn't say that, if they want people to take them seriously then they should at least be realistic in the statements and grammatically correct in the product description. (or is it WIP) rofl

5. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yeah, just having a laugh XD

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

With regards to that quoted announcement post, if you read it properly I don't see what's wrong. There is the claim of authenticity and it goes on to cite in-depth career with contracts, progression, and more. Then it details some of the bullet points. It may not be the best simulator but you can't really speak without knowing a bunch of intricate work that has gone around so many areas, the attention to detail is outstanding. If you get hung up on the most authentic and relate it to current tire, physics, and FFB then of course the current WIP material isn't able to dethrone rF2 and AC, but not believing that some of the talented guys behind those can't match it - or something very near it - is uttermost bias and therefore close-mindedness.

The LE announcement made me unhappy as it gives it a Gamestop (Micromania for those in Europe) spin to things with pre-order pack bits, we'll see how that rolls. Though I still can't understand cheering against titles that try to expand our simracing choices.

7. @Guimengo

its a Schrödinger's cat theory at the moment.

It is neither good nor bad until it is tested by none pcars fanboys, unfortunately the hype that they are creating and statements such as....
    "technically advanced racing game on the planet."
    Is a big statement or claim to make, given that it is the first title that this community effort has created.

They either are naïve or have big balls to say this. So if you walk into a room and slap your large balls on the table, don't be upset if they get stood on :)

As any title that is multi platform across pc and console will always have bad physics as it will only be as good as a console platforms controller ie joypad controller.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'm not a pCARS fanboy, I apparently have 17 hours logged in over about 2 years and came in to support it because I'm a huge fan of Group C prototypes (that Sauber C9... yum). Seeing the development is nice and you get to read things from the devs that people outside don't. From the quality of modeling of cars to the tweaking of dynamic lighting to emulate real life as much as possible and how even blades of grass and puddles react to and impact numerous things in the environment. A lot goes into the technically advanced. There's audio (ambient, cars, track, etc), visual (modeling of tracks, buildings, characters, cars, environment, lighting, sky, textures, etc), and even bits like altitude, atmospheric pressure, weather, and more. With a slated released just three months from now (I think) I believe it will be a tight window to get everything perfect, as I would with any game in varying stages of beta.

The main areas will obviously be FFB and tire physics, of course. I want that to be good. I want it top notch, because I want to drive a couple of cars unavailable elsewhere in some amazing tracks (released material shows they've done far more and better in every way compared to any NFS S2 assets) in a career. Your last sentence is very understandable given what we've had before which have usually been titles made for consoles and ported over. This is PC developed and like any proper game should do, the assists that can be turned on and off will aid people get up to speed. Now, if for some reason things change with Namco Bandai on-board then that'll be a huge low blow. But back to PC-console... Getting it to work with a controller is a matter of fine tuning, I remember running it once and was quite surprised. There is a game called GP Bikes which you pretty much must resort to gamepad to race and you'd be surprised at what can be achieved.

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

what makes it worse is when you compare it to ISI's self discription:

ISI:A creative flair, robust technology, and in-depth knowledge of the gaming industry gives ISI the technical and creative edge required in today’s highly competitive market.
    (http://imagespaceinc.com/company/)

pCars:project CARS is the most authentic, beautiful, intense, and technically advanced racing game on the planet.( :p )

I think the difference in attitude should be noted, I dont have to accept whatever crap anyone decides to throw to me.

10. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

Had a quick go on the latest junior build last night, seemed fun enough

11. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Was that before or after the autopit slams you into the railings or launches you onto the track...slamming into the railings again? ;)

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Ctrl+I for the nitpicker ;)

13. That's fair enough and I understand what your saying, but paying £30 + to try a few cars is a bit expensive.

@ oHOWEo
    I tried it a few weeks backs and it feels the same as it did two years ago, so it only lasted two days on my pc then was uninstalled.

For me, I am not paying £30 to find out something I already know "the cats dead in the box" :)

14. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

That was my experience. I was completely away from sim racing for almost 2 years. When I came back, I fired up pCARS and it felt the same as it did 2 years ago. Even if the physics are great, I can't tell because the FFB is so awful.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Having to keep track of what actually has had proper work done is one of the most annoying things for sure. I think you have to stick to the BMW GT3 and the Formula C (and BAC Mono) if you want latest workings, except I don't care for either. The C9 clearly still has some older tech in it but it's drivable.

I don't understand the 30 pound + thing to try a few cars argument. I put in 25 Euro to have a share in the investment and be part of it, that money would go towards the finished product as a discount, and if it sells well I'll recoup some or all of the money. But the announcement made today with the Limited Edition has me seriously considering a refund and departure of the program.

16. I paid for the team member the same week it was released, then when they changed the investment rules first time round I opted for a refund and got the junior payment.
    I saw that they was not constant in there commitments and knew it was going to change and change again and again.

I said two years ago that the investment thing was a bad idea, or the promises they was making was not real, as after seeing them burn bridges across the racing community, I knew that the only people who will end up buying the game would be the people that invested in the first place.
    So! no real profit could be made.

Just like, I recon the reason why every racing forum has the same threads appearing regarding pcars, is because they can advertise when they release "the most discussed game in the racing community", "the most talked about game in the market".

Just like everyone has been asked to CASUALLY talk about it in other forums.

Its all just marketing media at its worst :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

LMAO. Just for that I won't even buy it for 5 bucks. Wow. If I was a developer I'd be embarrassed to post that.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

How gullible...

19. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

It will be 12 hours before the release and you'll still see the bots posting about the physics being WIP and that they will be fixed before the game comes out.

20. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I think you'll always have day-1 updates nowadays. I'm still secretly hoping it will be playable. I like that yummy dynamic lighting.

Ahahaha... buy before there are reviews or pay extra for a pack of cars. It's like Forza. I guess it's to be expected from a console game.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/preorder.html

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014