So...whos trying pcars too?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Funny thing with Project Cars lately I look forward to testing new builds , mind you I only drive the GT3 and the handling is improving and FFB is , we'll better than a lot of sim out there with the correct FB setting to suit your liking - I do have tyre force at 170 and force FB at 100 in game and damper around 80% I think , but this is a fun fun game and I think will surprise a lot of people .

The graphics are stunning in this game , lovey addition .

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I am still looking forward to trying it when it arrives in November.
    I'm sure it'll be very entertaining and cool to look at. :)

3. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Friend sent me a link to latest official pcars video and boy did it looks amazing graphically and physics wise.

Then i go check out the latest PC ultra setting gameplay videos and it's not quite the same story (unsuprisingly). It's been a while since i tried pcars and ac but the more i watch the best gameplay videos of it, the more i'm convinced the physics just don't compare to rfactor 2's (at least for now still). When you watch how the cars respond, hard to explain but feels like they scrub along the road without consequence and (what i presume to be a) lack of detailed feedback to the driver.

I could be wrong, won't know for sure till i test again myself. Look forward to downloading the latest build of pcars and giving it a try again when i'm back in the uk.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I feel the same - I look forward to testing the updates as things progress. I recommend trying the FC, FB (be sure to check out the replay sounds) and the Formula Rookie too. The day/night & weather transitions are really great. Stunning indeed! The FFB is still hit or miss with some cars but, things are moving in the right direction. I'm liking the handling more and more as the pieces fall into place. I also think that a lot of people are going to be pleasantly surprised on multiple fronts.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

dripper

-always the same story , I can't watch more than 3 seconds of those stupid fantasy movie marketing "gameplay" videos,
    they make me feel sick as they are pretty much guaranteed to not match any actual realtime running software on your PC -even if you have a very high spec PC, ALL software devs are the same in this respect & they have to be because their competition are doing no different. there are 1000's of them around that in an honest sense refer to nothing actual.

always some stupid high reeved action music in the background or failing that there's some inspiring indepth piano or violin playing trying to inspire ......total trash marketing that any sensible person can see straight through, they are made to get people excited about something they will never actually receive at least in the form as delivered in their video as it dosnt equate to reality.

in any case (referring to the visuals) if the physics & ffb are not up to much in a title then for visuals I'd rather watch a live f1 race on tv and move a pretend wheel left & Right

p.s these rain effects are top though from a graphical point of view -I assume this actually is in-sim realtime http://youtu.be/T_u6DBe-P-o

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  6. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Just a waste of time, but at least the gameplay videos show the great dynamic lighting and blinding effects.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Why did it take years for " people that should have known better " to wake up ! hehehe

Actually why are you still debating it ? :)

imho it is not rF2 is better ... :confused: ......... it is ISI Historics :p

I feel as sad for rF2 people that drive other cars then Historics ......as I do for pCARS users. :confused:

No other cars in rF2 come near them you ask me. ....almost like it is 2 different engines.

.now I not only make enemies of all pCARS and AC users but half of rF2 too .......... lol

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

Really? I feel sad for anyone who can't enjoy cars of all vintages.

I also feel sad for your return key on your keyboard...:p

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That was rather nonsensical indeed...
    No, not controversial, which you may be hoping for.
    Just nonsensical.

Durge, I've been meaning to ask you this... What's with the crazy formatting of your posts?

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Whats nonsensical about it? I feel the same many times, Historics give so much feedback it makes you wonder why moderns dont.
    I guess they are not supposed to? Still the difference is vast imho.

11. Domi

Domi Registered

Bias ply tires vs radials...

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I've really tried to give pCARS a chance. Driven every car now on the latest build...

It's not even Codemasters quality. Just really really bad. Seriously, it's Shift3 with "sim features".

"At least it has the best graphics"... Not anymore. AC's graphics and models and tracks are far superior.

It's a gamepad racer. Nothing more.

13. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I'm sure many of the more "mature" players would agree with you. The subtlety of the modern cars is harder to pinpoint. Much more "on edge".

14. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

controversial ???

wtf are you guys on

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

sure sure whatever you think, my ideas are childish.

No one could think historics is superior to other rF2 chassis and feel

No of course not........that is insane...........

ffs hahaha

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

err ............that is exactly what I said. ????

Look ........ mmmm .......I said Historics feels better I never said I would never drive other cars in rF2 or they are bad or anything stupid........

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I see a lot of people that come into my F3 room try to drive the Eve like it is a RedBull F1.

To even begin ....... to get the full feel you must adjust your driving style.

That is why a lot of people leave F3 off the pace and don't come back.

They over drive the car.

Like till you get a F3 below 1:48 at Italy ( no tow) you don't even really feel what the F3 chassis starts to do, it is in that last bit you
    discover things.

I have a feeling the F2 is better I must do many miles in it though yet, get back to me. :)

imho they are the 2 best cars in rF2........ in any sim ever period.

20. AHAHAHA! just read this....

It might be the most talked about, but not in the way that portraits it in a good picture.

@John.Persson
    Yes they are very nice pictures, now can you show an on board video of it running like that in such quality (from behind you, so it shows you driving) to demonstrate the handling.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014