So...whos trying pcars too?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Jul 14, 2014.

1. msportdan

msportdan Banned

anyone have or going to get pcars.. Im interested in their thoughts compared to RF2. I would like to get it but hearing things thats it has a bit of shift 2 in it (handling wise) worries me. Still looks amazing vo. But we wouldnt be playing rf2 if we based sim racing solely on looks.

ANyway a little discussion on SMS sim racer.. would be appreciative.

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

AFAIK it isnt' released yet, and probably won't be for sometime.

I haven't tried it for ages, I requested my refund after they were investigated by some British agency and were forced to give refunds as a consequence of said investigation.

I'll buy it eventually, definitely won't pay more than half price though. I've learned my lesson on Steam games.

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I launch it around once per month to see its progress. For now, yeah, it's really nice visually speaking. The lack of good FFB physic prevent me to play with it. Saying that, each time I feel a progress of FFB and physic so I have good hope it will be better and better. Some cars have already a good feeling, some seems really bad. They want to break the "arcade" feeling people had with previous titles they made and they work hard in that way. If PCars 1 didn't make it, PCars 2 will be probably spot on. Now, they need to open it to the moders words and so far they don't seems to go that way...

4. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Im waiting for it to be released, I will play it for sure. For me pCARS will be my casual racing game, for serious and competitive racing game I already have rFactor2 :)

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Same for me....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

6. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

FFB is killing it for me, I've not enjoyed it for 7 months now and FPS gets lower with each build.
    I can't really say about the physics as FFB is ruining it.

Currently updating to see what the new rain effects look like.

7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Biggest problem will be if they don't continue to develop it after release as some progress is made but not enough

8. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i'm really looking forward to it; i'm concerned theyre spread too thin as november approaches quickly (they are targeting & practically nailing that month down for release it seems). developing on all consoles including the wii u i fear the pc will end up suffering some...

but i can't wait nevertheless; as long as its got competent FFB & physics, and the cars are simulated properly as well, i'm sure i will enjoy it greatly due to all the tracks, the car list & especially the visuals, + the dynamic weather & time. ive dampened my expectations somewhat lately so as i said as long as the ffb & physics dont really bother me, im sure ill enjoy it & itll be worth it for me.

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I owned pCars from first beta release and it is build 764 now but there is still no SLI or multiview support, it is unplayable to me.

pCars has not learned lesson from rFactor2, it is ghost town number two, MP has only few players online pretty much like rFactr2 MP.

10. C3PO

C3PO Registered

11. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Fragmented, crappy mods, passwords, random sessions, just pathetic.

pCARS still looks like Shift 3, but a good demo could change my mind for those tasty circuits.

12. oh come on people, really ! don't you all see media marketing.

there are going to be more threads made regarding Pcars the closer it gets to November.

Life is too short to be arguing what's good or bad about something.

If you want to try it, then buy it when its released, if you like it, then play it, if not then don't :)

13. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

I've had pcars from the start, only a junior member mind so don't have all cars/tracks available.
    I bought my t500 for project cars after playing it on xbox pad.
    When the wheel arrived I had a quick go but then started the search for other sims. I looked at iracing but the expense put me off, downloaded the rf2 demo (Silverstone international/Honda civic) hit the inner curb on the last bend, went on two wheels and crashed. I watched the reply and realised the physics are pretty good and bought it. Not been back to pcars since. I got an itch to try assetto corsa so bought that also.
    From my experience with the t500 I would place the 3 games in this order,
    1. Rf2
    2. Assetto Corsa
    3. Pcars.
    Im still missing the feeling I had from a few years ago with a g25 wheel and gtr racing, I could feel what the car was doing much more in terms of losing/gaining grip.
    I would say assetto corsa brings me closest to this feeling and I find it more accessible than rf2 however it's still not as realistic.

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes that is ghost town, take a look to Rfactor1, iRacing or AC lobby.

15. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

@msportdan....
    PCARS is a hit or miss depending on which car/track combination you chose.
    Some cars feel good and have correct suspension dynamics.
    Most tracks are well represented...while others are just plain bad.
    All cars still suffer the same stupid, high frequency, low mass roll along the horizontal plane relative to the vertical axis during hard cornering and off track excursions.
    Race cars roll very little from a driver's perspective...except in PCARS.
    Having said that, not all is bad....
    The cars are well detailed close up.
    They still suffer from LOD issues when viewed from outside during replays or going away from camera.
    That can be a bit distracting.
    They've managed to get some things right.
    The weather feature looks good along with some smaller things like rumble strip sounds, back fires, cockpit details, which are better done than any other title to date.
    Hopefully they'll get the important bits sorted eventually.
    It has made some improvements, but it needs to make a lot more if they're to release it this year.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

another sad arsed thread ends up bagging rF2

17. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Saabjock is talking about Shift 3.

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Don`t hang here mate go to MP and find some new friends, pic`s are taken 08.15 CET. (16.15 Sydney)

rFactor2

View attachment 13591

pCars

View attachment 13592

Have fun :D

19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

FFB is killing it for me. It's so lacking it's flabbergasting...

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I wrote an app that queried the MM every 30secs and logged the total player count in an RRD and built historic graphs so you could spot exactly when the masses were online. Basically there is a part of the day where the total count is between 150 - 250 every single day of the week. So people are playing, but unfortunately most of America is at work during this peak. But I don't think this talk about rF2 being dead because the servers are empty is kind acurite. pCARS, AC, rF1 and rF2 all have empty servers. iRacing seems to be the only place people are doing actual racing. Does that mean that rF1, rF2, AC and pCARS are dead? I don't think so. Personally they all have the same problem and that is the lack of structure and organization that iRacing has. If the best of rF2 and iRacing merged then we would have the perfect sim.

3rd parties could make something very similar to iRacing but using rF2 as the engine but we need just a few changes to the game to make it happen. Mainly the ability to programmatically connect to a server (even passworded servers) and some sort of content protection.