So...whos trying pcars too?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Jul 14, 2014.

1. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

LOL

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Nice self description.

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Where are these guys coming from? Are they getting bored agreeing with each other over at vR? LOL.

4. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

Oooooh!!! I coming from a Land witout mens that say You how god do the things, of a land that does not think anyone should judge your actions by being different to yours, I come from a land that wants software companies do not mistreat their users. I come from a land without gods or pathetic believers with faith in something that is a lie. Where is god. man only in his head, this planet would be better off without God.

5. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

[​IMG]

6. Minibull

Minibull Member

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

7. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

PCARS, while getting better (like all the others sim games on the market) still has a very long way to go.
    When you sit in the virtual cockpit and look at those 'dancing' external rear view mirror I reported to SMS over a year ago, you clearly have to ask yourself...How fast are they really fixing reported bugs?
    The 'warbling' sound during exterior views at California I also pointed out over a year ago.
    The silly unnatural, unsprung chassis oscillation to bumps. None of those have been fixed. I view two as extremely critical.
    While I don't expect them to fix everything right away, is a year reasonable for something so important in the case of the sound and chassis?
    As to rFactor2,.. I'm not giving ISI a free pass entirely either.
    I love what we have so far BUT that rain should have come a long time ago.
    Can I live without it? Sure.
    Do we need any hard and fast set date for completion? Absolutely NOT.
    Matter of fact; I'm 100% against any and like their approach to continuing development.
    That said...their multi-player is a 'bloody' mess.
    Everytime I try to enter online races, it take six or seven attempts at different servers. Most times, I don't have some required component or other.
    I usually just give up and go run Assetto Corsa or something else now.
    While I don't really care for AC booking, I at least know that after the countdown timer, I'll get into the session without needing any additional components.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
  8. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

To the window, to the wall...

9. myself9

myself9 Registered

I can't believe I just read that.

I agree that rF2 isn't the most user friendly MP system ever devised, but the AC system is the hugest pile of @#** braindead design decision I have seen in a game in ANY genre in the last 20 years.
    If you haven't been kicked from an AC server for not having the required content, you haven't been trying hard enough :)

I'm not trying to start an argument. The AC MP system just REALLY pisses me off.

10. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

lol yes the first challenge (before do some online races) is to join a server.

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

So not much difference then :)

12. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

lol in this case yes :p

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It really is completely awful, along with the driving standards.
    Feels like being back on Codemasters' MP. Yuk.

14. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Don't worry!
    I did not take it as an attempt to start an argument.
    You've obviously had really bad experiences on AC servers. I get that.
    This is not (for me)... a comparison between the two.
    All I am saying is that relative to RF2 servers recently, I personally have had better success getting to actual races in AC.
    I seem to be doing more racing there, simply because every time I try to join an RF2 server of late, I wait for it to load and then it tells me I don't have some component.
    I select get the component and wait... (sometimes for a very long time).
    It then comes back with a message 'everything didn't install'.
    This can happen six or seven times in a row...on different servers, before I find one where I have everything.
    About the only server I'm guaranteed to get onto without hassle these days is the F3-Rookies.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  15. Minibull

Minibull Member

Wait, whut? I'm a little confused right now XD

[​IMG]

16. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I will never sleep again.

17. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

rF2 physics & bits + Pcars visuals/sounds and bits, add a sprinkle of iRacing MP service and sounds, a few touches of AC UI and features and we'd have the ultimate racing-sim. Of course, that's not gonna happen but, Pcars is coming along nicely for what it is supposed to be. No one ever said it would have the best sim-physics ever (wishful thinking) and I seriously doubt that it could hope to match rF2 or AC. It should bridge the gap between console titles like Forza and GT and PC racing-sim's nicely though. Ultimately, that may be beneficial by bringing more interest to titles like rF2, making it more viable to develop quality racing-sim titles in the future.

Of the cars in Pcars that are further along in development, those drive quite well. While the FFB is still lacking in some ways, it has shown good overall progress in recent weeks. There are still many features/aspects/details of the title under development but, as the puzzle pieces fall into place - things are beginning to come together nicely. Of course, some things are fixed and others break - that's just game development.

It's curious that there are so many willing to condemn the title before it's close to done, apparent experts in physics development, they can tell you everything that's wrong with Pcars driving/handling. yet, they cannot share their feedback to help improve the tire-model and physics in the WMD physics threads.

For those who can enjoy each title for what it has to offer, Pcars will be great - maybe the best - at what it does really well. The immersion level will be very high for most except those demanding absolute stellar realism in terms of driving physics. Of course, ask 10 different sim-racers about the title that has "best" physics and you may get 10 different answers. It's either believable for you or it isn't. NFS Shift1/2, Grid, do not compare to Pcars handling - Pcars is miles better already IMO. I consider those titles "unplayable". Pcars is certainly playable to me - even at this point in development. Sure, there are bugs, crashes, things missing but,that should be a given considering the scope of the project.

I test Pcars builds every few days and in most cases recently, I am amazed at some of the things that are being accomplished with the title. Wow moments are pretty common happenings. Early testing using the O.R. DK2 is said to be quite impressive. If you are hoping for the Ultimate Racing-physics Simulation, you may be let down. If you are hoping for a Kick-ass Racing game, you'll likely be pleasantly surprised. I definitely feel that Pcars is a simulation but, where is fits in comparison to others remains to be seen. Debates about which title is the Physics King will rage on for many years. I will continue to enjoy all that today's racing-sim's have to offer, as well as tomorrow's. rF2, AC, Pcars, iRacing are all among them.

18. If this is going to be what's the next best generation of physics engine, then I think I will bin my G27 and buy a joypad, an become a real racing driver :)

19. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Downplaying the importance of the physics is just making you look foolish. What would a sniping game be without good sniping? A hockey game without good dekes? You can talk about OR, textures, rain effects, UI, track selection, car selection, reflections, etc. all you want but it will never turn PCars into something worth driving. It will remain a sloppy mess that looks nice sometimes.

I have never tried it, by the way. You can quote me on that.

20. yusupov

yusupov Registered

thought it was a nice summary myself & i appreciate...but then

I WANT TO BELIEVE

and you can quote me on that