So...whos trying pcars too?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Jul 14, 2014.

1. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I'm glad someone appreciates it! :)

I play AC & rF2 mostly, and occasionally iRacing and I really don't think Pcars will be that far off in the handling dept. The main thing that is lacking a bit for me is the FFB right now but, that has been improving slowly so i think it will get there.

Yes, having some faith does help. It's no guarantee but, when I see the effort and passion that is being invested by the development team as well as the community, I cannot imagine that Pcars won't end up being something pretty special. Every title has it's detractors, that's just a fact of life. Play what you enjoy and enjoy what you play - pretty simple. I'm just happy to have so many choices.

2. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I guess I have to agree. Not everything has to be good.

3. Tony

Tony Registered

I like it, & think your last post is on the money - not overstated but just about right :D

One thing that's not mentioned too much is what wheel/pedals you're running pCars on. I've driven it with a G25, G27, & now a T500rs, & the last one suits it a lot better than the first two

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Fanatec CSW/GT2 wheel and CSPv2 pedals. You raise a good point - controller FFB can vary quite a lot from one to the next. There are many posts regarding that with all titles it seems so as always, your mileage may vary. My opinion of Pcars is just that - an opinion, everyone has their own. Having said that, I do much prefer Racing-Sims over other types of Racing Games so take that as you will.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I can't wait to try it. I'm excited for sure.

Still though I have no expectations that it'll feel like a full on sim.
    Just some very neat graphics, cool weather effects and a bunch of cool pretty cars to drive around some pretty cool tracks.
    Silly action packed races, a little career mode to kill some time with, and so on.

It'll be the go-to racing game, for times when I'm too tired to actually race a hardcore racing sim.:)

6. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Caaaaaaasuaaaaaaaaaaal!!!!!!!!!!

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Huh?

8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

For now it ask too many tricking and tuning to get the most of the FFB IMHO. You can have a good result, but you need to work a lot on this. i'm waiting to have something more "out-of-the-box" to play with it more.

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I've always respected Codemasters for not trying to be something they aren't. They were always honest saying they aren't a full blown simulation developer. SMS on the other hand:

If that's a full blown sim, like they claim, my wheel and pedals are going into the closet for quite sometime.

10. yusupov

yusupov Registered

clearly being played with a joypad & most likely with huge stability assists. wouldnt really judge based on a comiccon video.

11. Tony

Tony Registered

Well I agree Jamie, but this vid's from an exhibition isn't it? No idea what Comic Con is, but I can hear loads of background chatter, & I'm guessing they're definitely not using pro or simulator mode, as the car looks like it's got loads of noob help/stability assists going on - & I hate that "top-down" external view, lol

Not a good advert though I agree :(

12. yusupov

yusupov Registered

its not an advert, its just an ign upload published without any info. theres simply no way thats in sim setting. you can see the massive amounts of assist going on as the car just autocorrects every time it comes close to a spin.

typically demos arent made to frustrate the user, theyre made to make them feel competent & then move along. also given this was comiccon & not simcon, the target audience isnt simracers.

13. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Yeah, I agree that the video does not represent "sim-mode" game-play. You can certainly tell by the car movements and lack of damage.

Regarding the FFB, today's build notes refer to new progress in that area so there may be some things to test over the coming days/weeks.

14. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

It can be made to look decent too.

15. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

There was a video, probably made by the same guy with the R8 @ Nos and it looked good. Probably the best one I seen yet and I'm not even a fan of that track.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

René Rast has some cool videos, if only he'd actually participate with feedback instead of being "just" another member.

17. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Assetto Corsa proves you can have fantastic graphics and amazing car models (both much better than pCARS imo) and not give up the "sim" part. AC physics and FFB are miles ahead of pCARS. Plus it has laser scanned tracks and it's moddable. And it will have a "career" mode for those than like that....

So to answer the OP question, No, I won't be firing up pCARS. Two sims is about my limit :)

18. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I wonder how much the Assetto Corsa tyres would cost in real life if they existed.

19. eltidi

eltidi Registered

if you are talking about the f40 tyres not much I think.

20. scalino

scalino Registered

really nice one Noel, though I tried it and it says "Invoke-WebRequest not recognized as a command applet". Would you or anyone know the solution to that one?