So...whos trying pcars too?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Jul 14, 2014.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

Sounds good John, will drop into your site and see how dates go with our league at simracingaustralia.com ,also see xfactor are running a URD serries starting Wednesday which I may join.
    Work rotating shifts so hard to commit to all rounds of any series.

2. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

Hi

I have both, pcars need to get as little to November. may be unfinished, but it has shown everyone how to develop a game. no lies, no false date with a warm stunning graphics, listening to users and making immediate changes when they have been requested. Others have followed this path, and have deceived us, we have hidden things, have not incorporated new technologies, do not announce a timeline for development, not properly incorporate features such as dynamic or rain drops on the windows and bodywork. perhaps natural to Pcars need to be polished, but clearly Pcars has a team capable of doing.

for me the Ariel Atom 500 is a great car to test very complex driving at high speeds, brutal reactions to throttle or braking to enter the curve is impressive.

As an example, we have been waiting for this? Any News, any date of release, any of any?

Best regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I have owned pCars from first beta release and yes pCars looks stunning when you enter to garage cars looks amazing but there is a big problem with graphics as soon you go to racing if SLI/Grossfire is used, pCars has stutters,flashing textures etc.
    pCars don`t have any SLI/Grossfire, no SLI profile from Nvidia and funny thing is that I can not find any information if and when, there is few topics about SLI/Grossfire with few self made SLI profiles witch don`t work any good.
    If you have triple screen SLI/Grossfire bee aware about this.

I feel also that team is doing good work with updates and team is listening to users making immediate changes when they have been requested and I feel that pCars is going to bee one of the best there is when final release but there is still huge task to get it there.

I like this one ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh man, I remember seeing that experimental rain video long time ago. Wow it just looks so awesome!
    I really hope it gets implemented in the future.

5. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

Me too hexagramme, me too

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Who you saying lies ? and gives false dates ?

What is the use of 1000 changes if it still sucks ? maybe they should not listen to users ?

I had another drive the other day new car, compared to rF2 it is just horrible, no other word for it.

pCARS hardcore arcade and pretty cockpits.

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

It's a dig at ISI, just get used to it already. Tim should setup an "other games" subforum already so these guys could congregate there.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I mean, come on... Isn't that one of the most beautiful sights ever in a sim? :)

Good things are in store for us, no doubt.

9. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I think it's time to hijack the thread and to talk about the last "racing" game I tested recently: Grid Autosport ;)

Joke apart, I was really impressed by the look of this assumed arcade game. I understand they don't have that much physic routines to executes and that explain the high FPS I had, more than 110fps, all at max. It's really attractive graphically speaking, really nice job, clean. I'm speaking about the look. On physic and FFB, well, even if they progressed regarding the last Grid I testef, it still far away what we have the chance to enjoy with rF2. It's just, waaooo, how beautiful it is! :) To have some quick fun arcadish speaking, great job really.

10. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Codemasters has been around for a while, they know what they're doing! I never thought they could top the gameplay of Fantasy World Dizzy or the physics and AI of F1 2010, but they're on a roll since Grid 2.

11. Gonzas

Gonzas Registered

WIP 9/2010

Oh wait!

WIP 9/2010

12. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

then you think ISI has done a good game development, ooooohh! Sorry but no. rf2 development has been disastrous, has been so bad that we do not know when it will end, has lied to us many times here.

Now I am reminded of rain, I am reminded of the release date, I am reminded of as we were told he would have any deformations on cars, I remember the lack of performance on ati cards, I agreement as the filter system online search items are removed because not working and has not been relocated, I remember the wake of the rain, as I remember going to improve performance 64-bit , I remember he was going to implement the triple monitor, I remember wishlist ISI.

whether we can speak of many lies, isi by users, we can also talk about how not listening to users. Pcars may not have the physical quality that has rfactor but is improving a lot, and will continue to do, can you say the same for rf2?. You may not Pcars liked me but I invite you to roll with the atom500 and give us feedback. maybe you do not mind that users can change things we do not like a game, sure to isi either, so we ignored when we ask some improvement. The lack of professionalism is full house isi seem some students doing their first program.

I've been on this forum almost from the beginning, I had rf2 from its first build, I have seen how it has grown in many ways, but I've also seen a very ill-conceived commercial position from the beginning, isi has failed to manage time, has fact that many brand loyal users renege on it. For me to see how a company like sligymad has created a game attended by the community, respecting the requests of users making changes and has them back if necessary, is priceless. look like I charged the ISI and have lied to me for over 3 years is priceless. Yes my trust in isi is scarce, I just want to finish once his "greatest creation" but complete, and say this is the final version to see what happens? of course for you isi is god, Allah is slipped laughed at the Muslims, but that god could not speak evil, and can be drawn on paper or a radical Muslim can kill you.

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yeah...we all can...thats the way this works...just like we can say AC will always be improving, along with R3E, along with pCars. Nothing is static here, or fixed in time. The final version is when the sim is no longer being updated and the team have moved onto their next project.
    When Kunos start work on AC2 and stop providing meaningful updates to the game, AC would then be IMO considered to be finished. I would feel it's the same regardless of the program.

14. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

But unlike other games, Pcars does have a release date (November 2014) they have given a timeline met, Kunos or Isi not. seem cut from the same cloth. allow me a question. Why do we allow these companies to treat us well, because we cheat with dates or with his unfinished work? Why not treat us as real customers and we are told half-truths, or we hide things and we are not given full information about what you want to know?

http://i.imgur.com/TM4uOQi.jpg View attachment 13650

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
  15. Pcars is run by its investors, its is been released in November not because its finished and ready for public release.
    But because the investors want their return before the interest rate goes back up in.... November.

I am sure that like the other titles out there, if Pcars could they would continue in beta/wip mode for another year.

16. Minibull

Minibull Member

Because in some ways I feel that having a concrete release date can constrict things. Granted, it does mean that a project can be labelled "finished" when it gets released, but then there could be seen to be less reason to continue working on that product.
    I look at some of the games that Bethesda released, like fallout 3, oblivion, skyrim, and I always wonder what might have happened if they were given another 6 months work. What kind of things could they have implemented or new features. Of course, you could get stuck in some kind of perpetual loop, where it never comes out, but that's fairly rare.
    But no, you have investors and publishers wanting their money and want it quicker. OOo, gotta release on the 11/11/2011, aye skyrim. Coz that totally matters...while rivers still don't actually flow correctly in game...

I don't mind this method of development. As a customer, you can choose whether the sim is at a standard you deem fit for your money nd then get involved with it. Or you think it is no way near ready to go, and you can just hold off.
    I also like it as to me it feels like you will eventually see more "stuff" in the game. No pressure for a release date, no things have to be scrapped as you won't have enough time to implement them, and you released early access for the game so you can get some monies while still working on it. In turn, the customer who may have had to wait 5 years for his product would actually be able to play the sim through its developing life.
    You are not ok with that? Well then leave it, forget about it until you see the game starting to take the form you want.

You can talk about "lieing" to customers, but I don't recall any actual promises being made to the customer. Showing a video of rain effects does not in itself mean that will arrive ingame. Maybe there was something about that rain that made the game unplayable, who knows. Software development is full of pitfalls and traps XD. It's why that stuff is always labelled WIP. And sadly, work could be done on an item for months and have it still not working right.
    They are under no obligation to give your their dev map. If I buy a croissant from a bakery, that doesn't allow me to probe his finances and tell me all the details about his business and expansion plans.

But hey, this is my view, and that is yours. Hooray for differences...XD

17. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

where did you get that from?

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

@7xu5
    What has Allah and a Muslim to do with your game please. Keep this things out of childish discussions please. Thank you !

19. A few years ago the UK government offered tax relief for UK based game development to promote and encourage UK companies and investors to invest in the gaming industry.

If you have a lump sum in the bank, by investing means its none taxable and to invest into a tax relief industry is better. Plus it would mean the return would be greater then leaving it in the bank. Now that the interest rate is set to increase, come November.
    Its only logical to want your lump sum back.

There is nothing bad or wrong with it, its just common sense.

20. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

^ ah ok, so it's just a theory of yours (albeit a good one) and not a fact. It was portrayed as the latter and i was just curious as to how you came to know of it being the reason.