So...whos trying pcars too?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Jul 14, 2014.

1. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I called you old, not childish.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

To quote your previous post:

It just seemed to me that you were hoping your last comment there would stir some controversy.
    It just amused me a bit, that's all. :)

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Turn off FFB in the 3 titles and drive comparative cars ......... I find rF2 tyres just talk to you way more then the others. ;)

If you don't feel similar you must be numb or I am dumb ........fair dinkum. hehehe

I wish I could be happy driving less these days honestly I do. :(
    I used to spend hours doing screenshots ask tjc about old days

I am a " few cars a sim guy " , I don't like to spread myself simply because it gives me less time to enjoy what I really like.

Maybe people drive all cars in all these sims can have a better perspective...........but almost 3 years I still find things a single car like F3 Eve reveals to me. Its insane. lol

Quality beats quantity every time.

4. I remember those days Durge, I was on nogrip then as Alpha01 and placed some pics of my own up, when race07 was the crave of the day.

I know what you mean when you say "Quality beats quantity every time" I will always hold rf2 higher then AC/PCars just based on handling physics and tyre wear.

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I hope that pCARS ships out with a few expertly tuned graphic settings because since the beginning it's been very annoying to get that level of image quality in the game. Those visuals are possible in motion, it's just very user unfriendly to get them.... and anything not user friendly is a step backwards.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

is Pcars a credible sim now in the physics dept?

don't want to upset any Pcars fans but Pcars use to be kind of an arcade / simcade type of title, is this still the case?

(never tried Pcars )

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

A very long time ago I thought it was going to be a step between full-fledged sim and Gran Turismo/Forza based on a very early proposal. It certainly moved away from that and a lot of things in that .pdf have been rendered void. That said I share the feeling of "tire scrubbing" mentioned previously but I don't really play it and the times I had, I did tend to not use content that's been used to test the ongoing developments.

From what I've seen it is still present in some development and I have hopes it will be ironed out in the next 2.5 months. I do have a German friend who will always suddenly come on praising the BMW GT3 at Bathurst at random times during TeamSpeak sessions for rF2/other stuff, and from having taken the MP4-12C once for a spin I was very (positively) shocked by it's behavior. So it's tough to imagine that good aspect not pollinating to other cars but who knows... there has been clear progress since the new tire model has been brought in but I'd have liked to have seen that behavior ironed out by now. I would like it to be good because it has a couple of cars and tracks I'm very interested in along a deep career mode.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  8. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I think it's a given that all (most) car games are like this. The focus goes to specific cars, then the data trickles down to the other less interesting ones.

9. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Not sure if this has already been posted but over at VirtualR, there is a post of footage at Gamescon.
    It shows a FF by the look of it at Hockenheim in dry and wet.
    Its on a PS4 using a controller. To me, its an arcade game that is available on PC as well, it looks fantastic but how can it be classed as a simulation using a game pad.
    Also, not sure if it is adjustable, but to me the FOV is a bit high.

Just my humble opinion of course :rolleyes:

http://www.virtualr.net/project-cars-gamescom-footage-interview

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Their big picture was always consoles hey ?

They should make a motza, wouldn't you put pCARS straight above the other console heavyweights in graphics and features...... I would.

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Like it has been mentioned a few times before, it has assists to help scale the game to beginners and those without steering wheel. The FOV is adjustable. It is GamesCon and I don't think any devs want people to be going off the course at every corner. Many years ago I saw a Best Buy Nascar thing here and it was using rFactor 1 with a cockpit of sorts. It had every assist possible to help people not crash (which caused me to crash since it was throwing off my lifting and accelerating). Did that make rFactor an arcade game? No. Please do use more brainpower instead of going straight to fanboy highway, there are many exits to it here.

12. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

As I posted earlier, of the cars being used as a test-bed for the tire model and FFB along with critical feedback from the pro drivers, those cars drive in a very believable and realistic way. That's not to say that it has the most advanced physics ever but, I do believe that the Pcars team goal is to end up with a PC simulation in the end. Those hoping that it will be the number-one PC simulator on the market are sure to be disappointed but, based on the effort and testing going into that goal, I can't see how Pcars will not end up being a simulation on the PC. I don't have a lot of experience with console games in the last couple of years so I can't compare between the various systems well enough in regards to the console versions and how they differ from the PC version. Of course, the console version has to work with game-pads as the vast majority of console gamers still use them. That does still apply to the PC version to accommodate more players although, maybe to a lesser extent. The main focus for PC in driving input is with a wheel. There are many aids available for beginners or less-experienced players.

I know that there are many that claim to have tested all of the cars in Pcars and say that they all handle the same. That is pure evidence in my mind that they are full of donkey dung. There are definite and clear differences in handling between cars. As things stand now, it takes considerable tweaking of FFB to get good results - depending on the wheel being used. You also need to be aware of the specific testing being done at any given time. It is very time-consuming and demanding to keep up with complex on-going developments. Only the most dedicated testers can keep up with the pace and stay informed of daily changes.

I will end by saying that some compare the handing in Pcars to that of the NFS-Shift series and I totally disagree with that assessment. I could not tolerate the driving model of those titles at all. Pcars may have some of the graphic-styling characteristics of the series but, certainly not the driving characteristics. All I can say is, give it a chance when it's done. If it's fun - play it. If it's not - don't. Simple. I have no doubt that it will be fun for me - it already is. I'm still not sure how the physics will really compare with the usual suspects in the end. I think it depends on one's definition of proper physics and realism. I'm no "physics-guru" but, I do like immersion and a high level of realism or believability in the driving model. I think Pcars is getting close to achieving that. Nice graphics, sound, damage, features, track & car selection, etc. are just icing on the cake. Yum!

13. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

A delicious honey cake with killer bees on the inside.

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

No offense intended but I wonder if RaceNut is a senior manager of pCars. I believe that was a 25,000 euro commitment and if he is I completely understand his posts.

15. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Give us your opinion of it in the physics and ffb department compared to rfactor 2 RaceNut.

16. yusupov

yusupov Registered

yeah, racenut is saying a graphically awesome sim game made to be accessible to console users might be an OK sim with great graphics. what a weirdo, he mustve banked $25K in the game to come up with that nonsense.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I can't believe the absurd level of stubbornness in place. So quick to dismiss a valid post by posting garbage. No decent discussion of any sort can be had in this forum with a small brigade destroying everything. Being "yes men" would only hamper your contribution to rF2's development, luckily ISI doesn't have to rely or require your feedback in the development of any aspect.

This truly is the last time I will click "This message is hidden because ........ is on your ignore list. View Post".

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No I was being apologetic actually. :)

I think it is true ....... I say I only like Historics and the rest of the cars feel inferior and I just upset heaps of " adults" lol

I just "don't care" .............I have never ever dissed rF2 or used another sim on this site to make it look better or any other site.

Historics is the best physics in sims period.

You don't like Historics, think I talk crap, big deal ? who cares not me ? :)

Tell someone who cares.........

ISI Historics Rule !@!

lol ;)

19. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Has anyone tried the lotus 49 lately? My goodness ffb is messed up. Best I ca do to describe is totally flat tires and major lag but have no idea if that is it. Last time I tried it was too UI's ago lol. Atom v8 isn't nearly as bad so something whacked with this vehicle but maybe they just haven't concentrated on it like other since tire model changes who knows? Ah well don't care much at all as only play twice a year or so and only to confirm still sux. I'm only a junior member so there are plenty of cars and tracks I don't have access to. I guess next time I check will be full release and then hopefully SW can be updated over time instead of locked in.

20. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

LOL - now that's funny! I wish I had that kind of money to invest in a game. I'm in for the cost of Team Member - honestly, I don't even recall how much that's worth. At any rate, I can see that I'm kickin' a dead horse here so I'll spend my time elsewhere. Enjoy your gaming guys - whatever that may be. :)