rFactor2 Build 156 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'll do a fresh install this time. what to save before uninstall old build? I don't want to forget something important lol :p

controller file, setups, custom skins.. yes, anything more!?

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Ok now i got hundreds of error messages during install fresh install... I don't get it, why is it refer to C:\program files\rfactor2 and says it can't open files for writing!?

[​IMG]

EDIT: solved... deleted rfactor2 folder LOL

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I do not recommend installing rf2 to program files (x86) folder... better go with basic C: folder

4. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

Nice little update, subtle but good changes to the lighting. Thank you.

Rain improvements, rainspray, raindrops etc - I hope these are becoming closer to priority, or perhaps close to being included in an update. Rainspray especially would improve wet weather driving significantly - at the moment we can see too clearly when it rains, and as any modern F1 driver will tell you - when it rains they "can't see a thing!!"

5. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Clean install with no problems, but I'm not getting any visible tyre wear on screen anymore. Locking up the tyres hard doesn't produce any visual flatspots. (At least not in the ISI Formula Masters) Is this a known issue?

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Too late! :p Well I've always had it installed there. rF2 setup wants to install it there too!

7. thuGG

thuGG Registered

When I try update, the updater just hangs on "Querying".

8. Br0nX

Br0nX Registered

A lot of replies so are we going to see some servers with actual players playing the game ?

9. vali

vali Registered

I noticed a frustrating bug fixed. In the last build, when I activated any kind of AA, trees and some other objects were translucid. They are back at how they should be.

In my system Spa is a darker too, like someone mentioned before.

10. Max

Max Registered

one thing I found odd after this update is, I can no longer change settings (graphical) without the game crashing. I have to use the configure sim button. It was working fine up until now... ?Anyone else?

11. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I'll open up my server just for you man. wheelracers.com is the name
    Just because your username is making me homesick. Well not that homesick since I'm right across the bridge.lol
    Server will be open in one minute for all to join.

12. SVO

SVO Registered

Looked to run some here, but I couldn't guess the password. :p

13. Br0nX

Br0nX Registered

Heh nice well finding a server is easy finding players is the hard part. I have an open server "7 lap race" on a 100mbit connection not sure what are the popular cars and tracks people like racing. Can't wait to test out the new build at work at the moment.

14. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

That happened to me too.

My home PC updated as expected but my server hangs like you describe. I just did the full install of the new version rather than troubleshoot it.

15. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Ive got this, updated from last build but doing full update now hoping to fix this........

16. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Full update has fixed tire sounds for me :D

17. MrDarceh

MrDarceh Registered

this game has improved so much in terms of finesse in the last two-three updates, very happy.

I am, however, experiencing a bug where the game will run at 2-3fps after loading a track, though it improves after a few seconds

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I can play several hours before the game suddenly starts to run at max 2-3fps. Only solution seem to be: leave server and rejoin. This happened with build 146 too. Now I have fresh install of 156 and it is still happening.

Another thing I noticed in the 3 online races I've done this evening: tire smoke. Didn't really noticed it in build 146 but today I've crashed several times because of someone in front of me locking up. At hockenheim this happened in every single corner. The other tracks was not that bad I think. But I hate the tiresmoke anyway...

19. argo0

argo0 Registered

Hi Hedlund
    Regarding the smoke, have you tried changing the line in the .plr regarding smoke flow? Makes the smoke flow over the following vehicles. It can look a bit dodgy, to say the least, from an external cam and occasionally a bit odd from cockpit cam but, for me, has generally helped with this issue.

20. Ducatiguy

Ducatiguy Registered

Good to hear, what exactly is this 'full update'? A fresh install? or am I missing something obvious? LOL Thanks :)