rFactor2 Build 101 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Tim, can you mark the latest update(s) in RED on the download thread to make it obvious what needs to be downloaded? I'm too lazy to want to check whether the versions of cars and tracks are different to what I have already.

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Recently only game update has been released.
    The last updates were released with build 85. So you probably don't need to download.

but idea is good, and I believe something similar has been mentioned before

3. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    headlights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

yep... moreover correctly working during a day

5. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Agree :)

Grip loose is much more linear, rear is more stable. Good step forward.

6. Ed Straker

Ed Straker Registered

Tim,thanks very much to you and your team for version 101,great stuff,keep up the good work mate.

Tell me,I love your new Brabham BT20,the quality of the build is superb,is this going to be a one off,or can we expect more 60's F1 cars to appear?,I would love to see a BRM P83 or P115,or maybe a Lotus 49,a Cooper T81 or T86 or a Ferrari 312,but please give us another beauty.

7. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

8. coops

coops Banned

i like the new build im sure it will have its gd and bad points but great update for those who think your not doing much its not just about cars and tracks. look frwd to nxt update maybe a car or track in it lol..........

9. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Opposite for me. I don't know what the hell has happened to the 370Z, not a fan of open wheelers really apart from the BT20, don't dig modern open wheelers so not tried the F.35. But man the 370z has gone from one of rF2's better cars to a crazed machine. It feels very odd. I used to be able to drift it for fun but now i just can't catch it whatever i do.

Just spent a good hour trying to fix it with setup but it's still extremely funky. I have come from GSC2012's Camaro which can be thrown around like a loon and held to the 370z which used to be alot like the Camaro in terms of FFB and being able to catch slides, but now is the complete opposite and feels like a pCARS car.

The FFB is too strong with the counter forces. I run very low FFB anyway but even lowering it more does not help. It snaps back to quickly when the weight shifts back. Only way it seems you can catch it is by mashing the brake quickly. Basically doing the 2 foot mash that iRacing has. Good thing with rF2 though, it actually punishes you for doing it and you lose so much speed doing so.

This car has gone backwards for me personally. When it should be going sideways.

Other than that, nice build with some nice subtle improvements across the board

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
  10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Interesting read there SLuisHamilton :)

On a serious note though, I don't know if it is related to the new build or not, but for some reason I can't feel when I lose traction on the back of the car now. I am using a G27 and I put up with the rather harsh bumps from the kerbs so I can feel the other effects, but I lose the back of the car without even knowing now until it is too late to recover. Maybe it is just a setting I need to adjust, I don't know.

On a side note, if I get my view set to where I can see most all of the display on the wheel of the FR3.5, I can't adjust my mirrors low enough. I have changed my plr file to adjust the seat angle though, and am wondering if the max angle of the virtual mirrors can be increased.

BTW Tim, any idea when they are going to fix the HUD to where the tach will actually read above 8000 in cars that are capable of revving that fast? Kind of strange to see the virtual tach red line way before the tach on the dash, hehe.

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Maybe all this is a result of a physics engine going offsync and onsync on different PC configurations on different builds. I do not know.

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I only did a quick look at a couple tracks and the FPS issue I had with the last build is SOLVED! I got a steady 60-61 FPS which is double (more or less) what I got before. Thank goodness! It was difficult playing at all during that last build.

13. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Maybe not sure. I was trying it on Croft and just would not catch. Will try some more tracks, although i don't think it's down to tracks.

14. driftlegende94

driftlegende94 Registered

The new build is awesome, but I have a problem. On every track the tree shadows are flickering.
    Do you guys have got the same problem?

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Tried Croft with 370z. Same good feeling. I can catch slides, counter steer, control slides with power.

I did not noticed shadows flickering so far.

16. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Interesting that there are so many different quotes on this new build.. I am almost off duty so I can try it myself:)

17. Ed Straker

Ed Straker Registered

Yeah......I was at Monaco online this morning and the whole area just seemed to be flickering like never before.

18. slawek

slawek Registered

Finally good build for slower computers, I can play online with 18 other players and no slowdowns :)

19. driftlegende94

driftlegende94 Registered

the car shadows donĀ“t flicker but the enviroment does. :(

20. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

No shadow flickering on my system.

The only thing I've noticed is some shadow cascade problems - like when I approach Portier corner arc is casting shadow on the road, but part of it dissapears at some distance.
    Even more apparent in Massenet when shadows are casted from buildings on the left - there will clearily be a gap in shadow that will dissapear as you come closer.

Also tree shadows at Croft are visible from cockpit, but not from external cameras. ISI tracks don't seem to have this issue (perhaps something related to billboard pivots, orientation or double sided materials).