rFactor2 Build 101 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Only did 15 mins clio's on Monaco

Everything looks better,
    the HDR is working at last,
    no noticeable fps problems
    Other car reflections are noticeable & look nice

Shadows filling in a tad close -is there an ajustment for this in the config?

Not tested sound (sound updated? -I use 5.1 )or damage etc yet will get a much better go over w/end but first impressions of build 101 are good

P.s I completely deleted all of rf2 including my docs stuff / packages etc, installed ths build as new

2. mel1c

mel1c Registered

You have working mirrors?!!! :confused: The change log does not mention that. And I do not.

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Maybe Flo-Flo was driving Brabham.

4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I see what you did here... lol
    Where is the damn rollback now?

5. rer8

rer8 Registered

FPS online is significantly less than single player fps. At Spa in the pits 23 vs ~ 45 with all select-able elements at highest level. FPS on track was less than 36 several times during the practice and race segments online. One final item, the online connection failed several times during a 30-40 minute stint. This never occurred during play in the previous build, at the same site and essentially the same players.

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I'm not noticing any significant FPS loss here. Really liking the new build, but only scratched the surface. Lots to explore :)

7. rer8

rer8 Registered

ISI... I didn't mean to be rude... I am so glad to see the update. I think the mirage affect on track is improved, and I noticed the improvements to the menu items show a marked improvement... still playing, still watching, and last but certainly not least, still loving rF2! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
  8. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I don't see fps loss as some are saying. Could be because I haven't looked at a frame rate counter in years. If its smooth, I'm good.
    Turns out, I'm good with 1.01.

9. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

Whats the point of a rollback function? It's a beta, we're beta testers, we're supposed to test those latest builds to give feedback. Jeezz

Edit:

Downloaded it myself.. testing in just a sec.. Thanks ISI :)

10. isamu

isamu Registered

How's the netcode and graphics up in this build? Any improvements?

11. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Sorry, but ...lol.

12. A13

A13 Registered

thanks for the new update :)

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I don`t know how without any documented changes in physics and no changes to mods themselves some cars changed in handling so much! All cars feel much better now. But 370z and Formula Renault gone from "what is this, I can not drive single lap with it, it has no grip, unexplainable oversteer", to now it is "I completely understand and feel what this car is doing, its stable, has tons of grip, and I can drive it lap after lap with joy"? There must be something fundamental changed in physics engine. Please, whatever you did, do not let it go to previous state where I was unable to drive some cars.

Historic F1s still to hard, to much suspension travel in reaction to power/braking/turning but tires do not grip and car just slides off, very annoying, IMHO. And I think front wheels on Brabham and other F1 cars must be less in diameter. Now they are huge, the same as rear. On most photographs of cars of that era I see front wheels that are smaller than rear. And in GPL they were smaller as I remember.

I do not have performance drop with this build, but no performance gain either. HDR is a little to bright for my liking.

A little disappointed there is no progress in real road, weather and tire temps/pressure/grip finalizing. Or are they undocumented?

14. Pier93grande

Pier93grande Registered

I've noticed one thing not totally related with the new version of the sim, the Clio's mod install the new version of Mills (1.3), but in the mod manager seems taht only the clio and not the other mods use it, is it normal? BTW the new upgrade works fine on me, just few drops of FPS in the middle of the race or when there's too much confusion... I'm looking forward to the implemeted of the new formula 2 mod :)

15. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

I have not also seen cars to give unlimited laps without they puncture the wheels in real racing.:p

16. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

This is why many unexperienced drivers of that era were constantly fighting the car, while fast guys were applying brake, throttle and steering gradually. They looked slowest, but they were actually fastest, while other drivers looked like trying to shoot a Hollywood chase scene :)

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

as always its best to do a fresh install rather than an update, sure updating helps track updating bugs but once done then uninstall/delete everything then install 101 from scratch.
    Be interesting to know whether the FPS Loss is from updating or fresh 101?

18. Element

Element Registered

Thanks for the update keep up the good work guys :)

19. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

interesting notifications, I am really eager to try this myself! Working now and what does the time go slow.. sigh

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

K Szczech, you implying that I`m driving this cars wrong. I doubt it, since my simracing experience is 10+ years, 3-4 of at the start of which I spend in a GPL. I`m trying to tell that in my opinion, based on comparison with GPL and HSO F5000 mod in rF1, this cars behave wrong. I can drive slow and fast, I can feel when I`m overdriving a car. But I expect tires and suspension reacting in logical way, to give me something to work with. I have troubles with this with current historic F1`s. I hope this is because some things are not implemented yet.