rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shum94

shum94 Registered

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I wouldn't. I'd prefer a real sky, not just changing background textures with some fog effects on them.

I don't like it when developers try to make their games look pretty on screenshots.
    I prefer it when what I see on the screen "speaks true".

Using just high-res textures, no matter how pretty, leaves you guessing if what you see on the screen is actually what happens in the simulation.

So it's best to have visuals that "tell the truth" rather than "pretty lies".

Wouldn't you like to actually see the rain coming in STALKER rather than weather just turning from "sunny" to "rainy" everywhere at the same time?

Besides, we should post this in wishlist, not here.
    If you wonder why developers don't answer questions anymore then the truth is simple and painful - we, users, made a mess of this thread. I don't think we're in any position now to expect they will dig through all tis mess to see if there are any valid questions lto be answered.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
  3. dragon

dragon Registered

Tim, what do you mean "pretty soon" ?

4. Krazyrider

Krazyrider Registered

Finally someone made some sense. I came here to catch up on the development and all i read through the last few pages are just complains, bitching, counter-bitching etc etc. Please start a new thread for this nonsense and leave this one for useful and productive suggestions and ideas.

I want to see rf2 finished and released asap like many other lovers of rf but the release date is out of our hands and there isn't much we can do about it.

Let's have more good ideas from novices and experts alike to have rf2 a thrilling experience for everyone and worth the wait.

Keep up the good work ISI and thanks.

5. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Lets stop for a minute. You came here for development news right? On the ISI development forum right? And in the topic of development news in a last few pages you read just complains. Now, what you think is wrong? On first look seems that users cant wait any longer and people loss their brain and becaus of that ISI stop comunicate with users. But is this true? I think is not. When you look more clossely, you will see that in some moment comunitcations is completely gone and after that reasonable(unreasonable complaining all the time, no matther what) people strating complain. Its completely understandable that Developers dont want to share any more informations if some of people start bitching about work that have no idea. Is completely understandable if development team has some trouble in process and need more time. Is completely understandable, if team dont want to share with us nothing more until the game is completely finish. Is completely understandable, that Tim is now father and have less or nothing time to communicate with us. Way people complaining?..."Next week we will showing something." Ofcourse nothing hapen(but that is not a problem). And more important, we not goin any answer, why is noting hapend. That is the problem and because of that people startin bitching. ISI something started (not people), rise peoples hope and then nothings hapen. People ofcourse starting ask why is that. If you said that you will release something in next week or two, thre and then nothing hapend, people starting bitching because not geting any answer of your announcment. And who fault is that? The magic rule is that, if you havent sure 100% that you can doit, dont doit until you sure and be quiet meantime about it.

6. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

"Its completely understandable" .. eeehhh????

ISI can decide if sharing the product when completed!!! or near to the definitive form.

Strange world..

7. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Yes thats is ISI rights. I am talking about other things, that you clearly not understand. Maybe because of my poorly English knowlage. Then i am sorry.

8. shum94

shum94 Registered

Amazing amazing...

Then stay away from this forum and wait for release patiently, you'll know it's out when official website & youtube videos will announce it.

Now here, we ask questions and we were supposed to get answers.
    Tim said one week and it's one month already.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Right.

So... uh... what's your plan of action?

10. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

Erm, let's all panic, maybe?

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Only two things make me panic. Tsunami's and running out of toilet paper. This seems to be neither. All I can imagine is holding them up is obligations to whatever F1 teams are paying them the big bucks to run their custom sims.. Just keep saying that over and over. They can't release rF2 they are busy with all those professional F1 teams perfecting their tire models and such. Makes me feel warm all over. Don't hear about any codemasters titles being delayed because of that.

12. 10speed

10speed Registered

That's the point, exactly ... This is an official forum and one might think that ISI would use it to keep in touch with us simracers, answer questions and give development feedback on a regular basis. But what I have experienced here so far is that questions remain unanswered or are answered very late, previews are not really impressive to be honest. If they don't have the time or the will to keep us up to date with the rfactor2 development process they should close the forums.

13. sg333

sg333 Registered

I genuinely wonder about a 2011 release date. Even on facebook they are trying to deny they ever 'promised' a release date two weeks ago. How bad are things that they keep pushing back the release-of-the-release-date :p

14. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

Because they didn't promise a release date, ever. They only stated "2011 was going to be a good year". That does not mean any one thing. Shame on the public for believing what they wanted to believe. For all we know 2011 just means they got the majority of the work done based on more data to use than expected.

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

They also stated that are going to inform us about release details 'in a week'. And it was a month ago.
    I know that they are working on a big thing. But their PR is just disappointed.

16. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

from Facebook

17. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

And where did you hear that? rFactor.net says that release details will be pretty soon. It doesn't say anything about "in a week."

18. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I read this forum.
    And I am not only one who refers to this.

19. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

Can I have a quote from the post you read it from?

20. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.