rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The last time Tim visited the forum was on the 14th. He just had a baby so perhaps he is a little busy right now.

2. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

I see. That thing says 'as early as later this week.' I don't see anything there that would imply that they promised to post release info then. It says that that would be the earliest we should expect to see the info.

3. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

What is with Gjon?

4. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

Gjon has others things to do. Tim is doing the public relations. :)

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

... and is doing it good, on FB. But looks like forgot about the forum

6. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I hope you won't mind for saying this, but in my humble opinion all ISI Forums related to RF2 should be closed. The only one which has something to do is the sub-forum Rfactor 2005.

There's no point to exist anymore an official RF2 Forum. There're no messages from developers, no updates, zero new screenshots and, last but not least, here we are for months and months discussing about something that literally does not exist. Once there's no more official disclosure media and no more answers for FAQ / or requested features, the Forum has become in a sort of crazy place to people insult, have arguments etc. and all about a non-existent game.

By my side is my last post until some consistent information from ISI come to play. Forgive me if I said, the quarrel is not with anyone of you guys.

7. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Registered

I never said they promised I just posted a link to the info that people were talking about.

8. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

9. brigo69

brigo69 Registered

I understand your point on time and priorities. What I just wwanted to say I trust better in the quality of your physics then the mods released by most of the moders. OK, CDTP made a great job with F1 2006, but it was late :). Many of the rfactor mods ar visual updates of something which is far from reality, but I do not race for visual effects. If I wanted to do that, I would go for Playstation or Codemasters. In addition there will be plenty of new feature in physics (tirephysics or damages, weather conditions forexample) what the modders needs to discover first and later they can develope the quality of their "conttribution". I used to like the BMW in Rfactor1 as a basic reference point. But understand, first you focuse on relaible functionality and new features, F1 may come later.

10. simfan

simfan Registered

Any news about dirt and grass pickup? :)

11. Ernie

Ernie Registered

For league races i would like to see an option in rF2, that you can only leave the track (pressing ESC) while in the pits and the car is stopped. In the case of your car is unrepairable damaged while on track and you can't reach the pits anymore, you must wait an (adjustable) amount of seconds (or the safety car must have passed your position), and only then you're allowed to leave the track by pressing ESC.
    I think this would add a little bit more realism to league races.

12. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

+1 Not just for races. One should not be able to use Esc to return to the pits in qualifying. Pressing [Esc] should always be the equivalent of exiting the car and leaving it there (on the track, or wherever you pressed [Esc]).

13. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

+1 for me too...
    If I'm not going wrong even in the arcadish f1 2010 you have to complete the lap when online and in qualify before leaving the car;
    I like also the Ernie proposal for penalty time after accident ;)
    it's a welcome option for hardcore races,and if someone dislike it you can simply turn it off

14. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Yes, that's what i mean. Only in the pits you can (safely) leave the car. Do it on track and the car is "lost" for the session.

15. FakeThinkpad

FakeThinkpad Registered

Eagerly waiting for a new Q&A session, hope to get some answers regarding,

1. Will you require server-side login to run online races? if so, will we be seing any user timeboards?
    2. There has been some mentioning about new develupment tools, can we have any further information about this, will there be any GUI based editor for building cars?
    3. Will there still be MAS/gmt based models?
    4. How about settings, will there be more settings avalible in game menus to access drivetrain, diff and other things avalible in the cars hdv file?
    5. Has there been any changes in the structure of sound files? or other mod based files? feel free to go in-depth
    6. Should we expect to have 3D sound (emulated or 5.1) in the first release of rF2?
    7. Can you show us some pictures of the updated menus or atleast tell us a bit, will there be any user timeboard thats actually useful?
    8. The new ffb engine I understand runs on its own thread, is the ffb something that the ISI team has done themselves or has external help been used?
    9. Has there been any thoughts about adding drift counter to allow challanges natevely for drifting with scoreboards? should be a fairly easy implementation if not. (Plugin someone?!)

Regards
    Chris

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011
  16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I would love to know if any improvements have been made to driver swaps. I don't need to know details... Just want to know if it has been worked on at all. The driver swap bugs are incredibly aggravating. You have 4 drivers practicing, working on a car setup and practicing driver swaps for two months then you get 11 hours into a 12 hour race and the game crashes when doing your final driver swap. That is a ton of man hours wasted. Knock on wood I haven't had any swap problems myself but others in my league have. You will see 15 cars out of a field of 42 out due to driver swap problems. It is even more frustrating if you are in a points battle and a driver swap crash on the final race of the season ends your chance of winning the championship.

17. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

One day they don't have rFactor 2 fully finished and two days after it's allready shipped? Say no more ;)

I don't think you need Tim to tell you it's not the release date.

20. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

I don't see how that logo has anything to do with rF2 release date. It's just a site using rF2's logo style and doesn't make reference to rF2 directly. Looks like a new site update launch if anything as they get ready for rFactor 2 (Race2Play uses rfactor for its platform). I wouldn't hold your breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.