REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sry, thought was all Maxed but I did not use env reflections, still being a great performance (with higher AA values or env reflections "low" I still being all time with more than 30 fps with no cars in track). I do not get this in any competitor sim... If I try to max other new gen sims my PC explodes, and If If at least I try to match visuals, I get better fps numbers in rF2 (comparing empty tracks, because with AI other sims are even worse...).

2. brato

brato Registered

when multiplayer is back ISI remember this time longer my licence for a game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. vali

vali Registered

I tried to join the ISI official server with silverstone and GT and got a CTD when loading the circuit. Now it always crash just before matchmaker show the server list.

4. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

same here.

1) Get Mod
    2) Success on download
    3) Then I go to server list
    4) "Waiting for Response" message
    5) "Got Response. Parsing" message
    6) CTD

I've a new Lite 494 installation

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  5. MJP

MJP Registered

Admittedly ISI really don't seem to help themselves over issues like this.

FWIW the launcher version in B382 depended on whether you updated the game through the updater which gave you v1.102, or used the Lite build which gave you v1.100. (I haven't tried the Demo or Content builds, suspect they'd be v1.100 too but you never know with ISI).

The launcher for B494 is v1.102 whether using the updater or Lite build, however it's not quite the same as the v1.102 launcher that was got through the updater in B382 (fails verification check, different CRC lol).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  6. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Can`t believe that - it was the best part for me as a casual driver and allmy friends liked most about RF2 besides the feel.... sad

From Devs: "There was some held code that couldn't come in until this code went out, I think the 3D user issue was deemed as being OK to leave as-is until the next update (whether you or I agree, is another matter, just letting you know), which would be a relatively short term release for the held code. Devs didn't want too much of a code change in a specific area. "

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Lol, small miracle you had good fps without env reflections...

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Two major problems with that:
    1) you're on your own
    2) no mirrors

If people want to HotLap on their own then yes they'd be able to max out most/all settings (I can), but as a Racing Sim against other opponents then you wont be getting very good performance at all...which is what the complainers are complaining about! (I'm not BTW!)

9. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Its ISI servers fault...they want to be on top of the list and they are breaking all this, damn those public servers..... (joking) :cool: (or not).

10. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Hat's off for the new automation HDR, finally the shades are off and the ambient lighting looks like it should in respect to time of day! Also, the FPS is the best I have seen so far with any of the beta and post-beta builds. Another observation is that almost all of the Z-fighting issues in earlier builds (flickering textures) are gone. Amazing, really well done guys!

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

More trainwreckin'...

I wanted to test the new build this evening... I guess I'm just passing, again, more.

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

382 Demo functionality needed a new launcher, so got one. It had a different date on the downloads page for that reason since the last update. I figure that is better than not having a demo since the last update.

13. stonec

stonec Registered

I did some performance tests with build 382 vs 494. The FPS drop in T-cam is 100% related to the improved shadow distance, at least for me. So basically you trade apples for oranges. People wanted undercar shadows to be visible for longer and unfortunately it costs FPS.

As can be seen from screenshots below, the shadows off performance is identical between both builds. With medium shadows FPS drops by 20-25%, as the undercar shadows can be seen to a longer distance.

Build382_noshadows, Build382_mediumshadows, Build494_noshadows, Build494_mediumshadows

14. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I hope thers no offical ISI response because ther lookin for the coulpret! What's weird is that it seemed to work fine early on and then went to hell! Lol I was hosting the FKR server and all was good , we did a league Clio race followed by me changing the server over to the GT's players came and went , swapping cars worked , it was awesome ! Then after a short break for some BF4 action i came back to constant CTD's and haven't been able to launch MP At all?? Maybe is a hack job assualt on MM?? <jk > lol but seriously this is reely strange ... :-/

15. 88mphTim

Which confirms 494 is, as they are only different in number.

16. 88mphTim

Can't have auto updated them all at the same time last time?

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I was just going to say that this build was great...but now I get CTD's all the time when in server lobby :(:(

The minimum ffb torque is great, and the automatic HDR profile works good (although I prefer my old HDR profile for a few tracks), and the fps was good. But that doesn't matter if I can't play online! I can see that I'm not the only one... :(

18. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

so whats the problem then Tim?

19. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

ok, then I need to improve, under previous conditions this build was stable, but under actual conditions this build do not work

this could mean, ISI has to proof their test conditions

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Tried to enter "United Sim Racers" server, and when mod was downloaded and I was going to choose car, the game crashed, and now it crashes everytime I'm in the server lobby :(