REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

More info, link to download, link to build notes: http://rfactor.net/web/2014/02/26/rfactor-2-build-494-now-available/

Edit: One new issue. GetMod rfmods can't have spaces in. Apologies. They will still work via other means of sending, they just can't be downloaded from your servers. Get Component should work fine.

At the moment, suggest using underscores for spaces.

Multiplayer join issues will be fixed in a future build. In the meantime, you can bypass the issue by all joining moments after the server is launched. Restarting after practice would be easiest and the join button should remain active for a minute or so for all to join.

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Nice Tim!

I tried it earlier and was surprised; I actually gained about 10% fps while all looks better!
    Nice work, thanks.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This is a great build. The automated HDR makes those colors kick ass! Wow it looks great. Good job ISI!

4. lamo

lamo Registered

It´s a beauty...

Well done ISI.

5. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Updated our dedi, 5 or 6 joined no probs, as people left and went to rejoin no-one can rejoin, the join button greyed out and now we are all locked out of our server ??

In the time we was in everybody commented on the mega improvement.

6. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

wait....wtf? lol i was just testing it unstable yesturday, lol.

7. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

any info about the karts, please an info please :)

8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

So, does it fix the pastel/too bright colors? I can't upgrade right now... please guys, some screenshots (Sepang, Silverstone...)

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Devs saw enough, it would appear.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I was just about embark into unstable testing then, voila, stable release. Awesome.

11. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Big improvement with a default HDR profile (which is really good) and finally undercar shadows have been fixed !! :) Regarding the colors - they are still too saturated imo, but I feel like its getting better.

12. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I'm getting something like that with the ISI servers.
    Two are greyed out and the other two the Get Mod fails to download and install.

13. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Great stuff, surprisingly quick release from unstable. Auto update worked fast and flawless as usual, can't remember the last time I had to do a fresh install, many many builds ago. Just emptied cbash and shaders folders, single player working fine, now for some multiplayer :cool:

Are the karts able to be released with this build or will they be held back for needed updates? Will there be a skin template for the karts and are helmets and driver suits working with them?

14. stonec

stonec Registered

It seems the getmod button loads differently with this build. Sometimes you have to click back and forth on the servers and it will appear. A bit confusing indeed.

15. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Rebooted the server and everyone has now joined and rejoined 3 times but now grayed out on join button again, waited for 1 minute, still grayed out. Restarted game and join button active again ??

16. rada

rada Registered

All my dedicateds dont start.
    "refactor dedicated error and need to close" everytime I start them whith the +oneclick option.

But they start in console mode. And again, with +oneclick option they make the error.

Any problem whith +ONECLICK?? ... we really need it to make autostarts in our servers

17. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

On auto update, my ESET Smart Security 6 (anti-vitus app) detects the rF2 Dedicated.exe as a virus and refuses to let the update to happen

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I only downloaded the "unstable" earlier, this official "stable" is the same right?

(Do I need to download again?)

+will there be a hot fix for the broken 3d ? (Tires render problem)

Or is it a matter of waiting for a future build ?

19. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

First impressions,

I like the new HDR system. Using the new automated setting is a subtle change from the 'realistic clear' profile, but it looks better in my opinion and if it means light changes are better (as the time of day changes) then that can only be a good thing.

Also I have gained about 10 - 15fps, which was totally unexpected. Recent builds didn't improve framerates much for me (if at all) so I thought I had reached a limit there and no further improvements would come.

I'm testing the FFB minimum torque setting (thanks to DrR1pper's help) but haven't yet decided on whether to keep that setting active, I need more laps.

Does this build also add tech necessary for the upcoming Kart content. or were they already possible in previous builds?

Thanks for the new build.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
  20. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Dang. I'd love to give this a go. Not sure if I'll have time. Quiz Friday, a wedding on the weekend, quiz next Tuesday, and midterms on Wednesday and Thursday. Damn.