REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I've tested this build properly today.

I am very impressed. Auto update worked without a hitch, smooth and fast.

I'm getting maybe a bit less fps, but I'm not sure it's the build's fault. I've been experimenting like a crazy person with GFX settings these last few weeks.
    But most of the time I'm just getting a stable, beautiful looking 60 fps with my GTX 680, with almost all settings on max.

I must say that the new HDR automation is incredible, just brilliant. Racing at 2 pm now looks just as great as the very "abused" sunrise and sunset times.
    Shadows, the colors, the sky, the cars, smoke, everything. It just looks great.

And I am relieved that I don't have to mess around with all those HDR profiles anymore! God what an annoyance.
    One profile for one track (and particular version) in one particular build, with one particular type of weather.
    Another profile for the same track, version, build but with cloudy weather... GOD! Well, you get the picture.
    No more.

Oh and I have to mention the new "steering torque minimum" setting in the ini. Let me just say this:
    The FIA F2 car has never, ever felt so wonderful, predictable and just outright fun to drive with this new setting enabled!
    I haven't tested with other cars yet, but dang... The F2 alone will provide weeks of fun for me in itself.

ISI - Congratulations to you, on a new great improvement of rF2.
    Best. Sim. Ever. :)

2. Giuseppe Toscano

Giuseppe Toscano Registered

[video]https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=T0RfX38QZFQ&show_mt=1[/video]
    super lag , after update

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

This made me LOL. :D

No problems here either. Good stuff!

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

I've not spent much time with the new build (15mins) + 3d vision is temporarily broken,

For users that have used the new build for a few hours or so, what changes/advancements has the new build brought ?

I only know about :

-new min force in .ini option
    -automatic HDR profile option (any good?)

5. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

I reported earlier that i was getting different results in game MM than web MM, now I get 'Got response, parsing' and game will CTD, this is on going for the time being but I did not have this before.

Maybe some text in a server/mod name that causes text parse bug. So I cannot get in any server as result.

6. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

I get the same... only way around it so far has been doing a singleplayer race... exiting (only game not launcher) and then start MP... worked for me a few times

7. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Still the flickering UI with SLI triplehead setup !!!

8. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Well I just did update. Couldn't get my leagues RFMOD. Then went back in and CTD now. Gonna uninstall now and go with fresh build now.

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I would love to see a few screens, especially of grass and curbs, from Silverstone and Sepang in the new build. Lime Rock grass too. These are the tracks where for me the overbrightness is way too evident without specific custom HDR.

The video posted earlier (thanks for that) from the Aston in Monaco didn't tell me much because Monaco always looked fine to me.

10. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

Yesterday 494 worked fine. Today I get CTD when going online. Offline works fine.

11. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Read notes abour rfmods... and CTD seems to be Matchmakers fault, I'm able to race online and no issues at all with new build, just some random CTD in server list, nothing annoying or game breaking, just waiting for a fix in rfmods and MM!

12. Domi

Domi Registered

Seems incredible that testers didn't realize about those multiplayer bugs while testing...

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

14. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

in this Build i can not connect to any Server. When i create a Dedicated Server i can also not connect to my Server. Is this a known Bug?

15. sushi

sushi Registered

Can't connect to any Server.
    MM "waiting for response", next MM "Got response, parsing" then game will CTD.
    Offline works fine.

16. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

Me too. Im very disapointed with this update because it only brings us issues that didnt have before.
    Not a good job, guys.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Darn it, dosn't seem overall the reports are not very good then

Which is the best rf2 build ? Build 300 ?

( hang on why am I asking if an older build is better than the most current :confused: )

18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Best build seems to depend on user ;)

Personally, 300 works for me, I'm only missing sun occlusion. 342 was very much a step back in frames and introduced a GFX bug for road reflections. 382 I didn't test.

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Good that you pointed it out.
    I like how F2 handles, but since this car has very light FFB, you often get close to minimal forces on steering wheel. With my G25 I was probably loosing a lot of subtle information in corners.
    I probably wouldn't test the F2 for a while, so thanks for mentioning it. Now I will definitely have another go with F2 :)

With other cars the difference may be noticeable, but not as crucial as with F2 and front drive cars.

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That is what I am thinking too. Someone's server must be causing a parsing error. This one for example has an "*" in the server name:
    http://192.95.23.56:64297/SessionInfo/

Does anyone know whos server that is?