REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I haven't yet responded to any posts regarding MP. So what other thing are you asking about that I did?

2. 88mphTim

I hadn't read this thread until now, and I don't think anybody had told support or the office by any other means than posting here. So unless they viewed this thread (which I don't know), they just got notified by me.

I assume it's an issue with the matchmaker, not the build. But I'm not a dev.

3. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

All servers are updated at same time, thats why i posted that. Looking at launcher version on dedicated server is something i dont do every day...

One thing i also checked along league members wich updated to 494, some have the launcher.config file on Userdata, others dont. Dont realy know why and if it something wich can cause any issue, just a fact.

We are trying to run a league race today, some join the server with no problem at all, other cant....postpone on the horizon.

Problem could be on launcher or the UI (!??!), cause here: http://rfactor.net/rf2mm.php the list appears with no problem at all.

4. 88mphTim

That is, of course, the trade off. You either want a graphical difference or a performance difference.

5. vali

vali Registered

Yes, same here

6. 88mphTim

rf2mm doesn't use the same listing data in the same way as the sim, unfortunately.

I think maybe when you updated your servers last time, Jeremy put out the new launcher (which fixed a demo issue) midway through that. I update all my servers with the lite. Install and overwrite each, no issues. Just make sure you change the data and core path to the right ones for each. Or, make sure you change the data.path file for each if you don't. I find that much easier than using auto update on multiple installs.

7. 88mphTim

Devs might have known about this already, but definitely know now. I think it's a MM issue because of how it has shown up. I don't have any further info yet.

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I have proven the problem to be the server with the "*" on the list. I used my own webserver to proxy the MM results but filter the bad server from the list and then used my hosts file to force rF2 to use my own MM rather than ISI's and now I can refresh over and over and over and over. Then if I change the filter on my MM to include the bad server I get a CTD again.

So.... can someone help identify the owner of this server:
    Code:
    server_name                 version wan_ip          http_port location_name                    mod_name                          cur_players
    -----------                 ------- ------          --------- -------------                    --------                          -----------
    *CDV Megane Trophy 2014     1.494   192.95.23.56        64297 Malaysia                         CDV Megane Trophy 2014                      0

I find it funny how people are outraged that ISI sorts their servers to the top of the list yet people find it acceptable to name their servers with leading trash characters so they are sorted to the top.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Very true mate. A lot of good tips too in this thread, about ffb and different subtle changes you can make to make the ffb more "informative":
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/12295-Formula-Two-Discussion

Take the F2 for a spin after you've enabled the new ffb value. It's magic.

I wouldn't say more resistance. That's not quite the feeling I get. I just get more info through the ffb somehow.
    The car doesn't surprise me in the slow corners. I can get on the gas earlier and know I wont spin.
    I can correct and catch slides before they even happen. So much more fun to drive now.

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I said I'd come back on this, so; tadaa :)

Testing this all out is not a walk in the park.......
    Setting overal at 115 and in game at 0.8 gives me already a bit less numb round the centre, so that's good.
    The min ffb setting makes it proper. However; the wheel goes from left to right (round the centre) when just jumping in the car, not doing anything.
    I have to lower the multiplier, resulting in the fact that I do feel proper round the centre, but hardly anything when turning at speed.
    Whatever I do; to keep feeling at speed, it has to clip a bit. When I make sure the damn thing doesn't clip; the feeling is gone.

So.........I have to test a lot I think.
    The settings now; in game 0,8 overal: 109 min ff: 0,045

11. MJP

MJP Registered

Nice detective work there Noel, when you mentioned it a few hours ago it certainly sounded plausible to me but I wouldn't have had a clue how to test it lol.

12. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Thx for the reply Tim , of course as i type you came on with your first reply lol , In no was was takeing any shots at you or ISI , I have total confidence in the team to resolve this and any isseues of this magnitude that pop up , for the record this is the first time i can remember a build that had this kind of issue when players simply could not play , and its only MP, pretty good avrage if you ask me especialy considering the amount of x's and o's the devs have to deal with ! ;-) sinlgle player works fine and the build is running great for me ,

Thanks

13. Pits

Pits Registered

Hit multiplayer , it loaded , and crashed, never had that ..ever, since I'm not savvy at these things I'll wait till it's fixed with an update.
    Carry on.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Lol seems I'm the only one not panicking about the MP crash...

15. Carra

Carra Registered

it was thew same for me. i downloaded the light version and over-installed. now it works :)

16. 88mphTim

I don't really mind how people feel about it. It's 4 lines and it goes away as soon as you change the sort.

Anyway, thanks for this post. I forwarded a link to your post as well.

17. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

did a quick google...possibly these guys?

https://www.facebook.com/clubedovolante

if you scroll down they are doing meganes and use CDV

18. Domi

Domi Registered

The thing is that using same settings (let's say medium) performance is reduced (quite a lot if that 20-25% is true). After waiting so much time for this, one would thought that ISI found an optimized system, at least some easy solution like using static undercar shadows for long distances like rF1, but atm it looks like you could have added this feature 2 years ago, considering the fps hit...

19. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

It makes sense, but i keep with my opinion. If it was from that then it should give errors to everybody not only to some right?
    We postponed right now a league race cause half could join server, other half couldnt.

20. 88mphTim

Well, we'll have to see where things end up, of course. There's some shading code changes held from this update, but it couldn't be in this update.