rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Thank you for FINALLY dating the downloadable content. Only been asking for a year now... ;)

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Overlooked this interesting reply. I am hoping that by doing an online 'manual' with driving guides, techniques and (quite importantly) etiquette, things like online standards might improve.

3. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I ran a 20 lap race at Palm Beach in the F2 with 20 AI and had no problems with the AI. All cars completed the 20 lap race just fine. I had them set to 97% and I could not keep up to actually race with them, but during the first lap and when I was lapped, the AI were completely aware of me and I had no problem with them at all.

I will lower their strength to match my times where I can be in the mix with them and try again later today.

1 person likes this.
  4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

The average sim racer can't wrap their head around this.

To me AC, looks good but will be another hot lap sim just like iracing. No weather, real road, heck AC won't even have pit stops when it's first released. Take away the shiny wrapping and there isn't much there but I'll still buy it. :p

5. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

ac will probably have the better mods. so yes maybe.....

6. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

1 person likes this.
  7. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

ISI should demand some of simraceways licensing rights. :p Simraceway has some cool cars now.

9. F1lover

F1lover Registered

LMAO are you just guessing with those comments? Or do you have hard facts..

10. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

With the Skip at LR I still find:

1. Them inexplicably slowing down mid corner. Even on max strength when I was doing low 58s (Regional) I had to keep slamming on the brakes to avoid rear ending them mid corner. And I'm not a 'rear-ender'. And I'd be surprised if anyone hasn't rear-ended the F2 AI on the fast sweeping 3rd from last corner at Sapang.

2. Dive-bombing: it's far too easy to get past even when you're slower by diving up the inside. Even on max aggression they yield. That undermines the basis of racing IMO because on max aggression there *should* be contact if you keep dive-bombing. On low strength they'll still occasionally dive-bomb you from a long way back, which supports my theory that they don't really know the rules of road racing. A bit of diving is OK, because that's what you get from humans, but it shouldn't be the default way of conducting affairs.

3. They *seem* to artificially slow down towards the end of races to let you catch up. If so, I don't want that sort of thing, thanks.

All things considered though, they are good at avoiding unnecessary contact and probably do less stupid things than you regularly see in top splits in iRacing. Although they do like to rear end you going into the pits for some reason. I do though feel you can have a good side-by-side race with them. Not sure if the Skips are better than others to be honest. Possibly, and I'm just too dim to notice/remember. I have had more bad experiences with the Historics at Spa.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
  11. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

What comments? If you mean all of them, I suggest you check out race department as Aris often posts there and you will see for yourself. ;)

12. Traveller

Traveller Member

1 person likes this.
  13. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

That looks kinda cool. I may have to try it out.

14. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Why on earth would you give me a bad reputation remark.. Yikes some people just have thin skin I guess. Don't hate the player CdnRacer hate the Game!!!

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

He does it with every one and often!add him in your ignore list!I have done it from a while!

16. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Don't worry, he just does that... that's the price we pay, anybody can give rep points (regardless of beeing mature enough to do that or not) :)

17. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yes, he does that.

Gives negative rep every time he has different opinion and sometimes even when he is just not interested in topic someone is discussing.

He has been repeatedly asked to stop doing that, but I see nothing has changed - he just went on annoying other people.

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Sadley I had been baned for 10days for this annoying....:(

1 person likes this.
  19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

No, you have been banned for your reaction to it. Seemed like you took his annoying behavior and the whole reputation points thing a bit too seriously and lost your temper. Personally I don't blame you, even if you overreacted. When you push someone against the wall he will eventually fight back. But it's better not to loose your temper and not "become like them" :)
    I believe you've learned your lesson and let's hope CdnRacer will learn his aswell.

But that's in the past. Just wanted to confirm what others are saying about these negative comments CdnRacer is making left and right. It's just something you need to ignore like any other trollish behavior.

Up to a certain point that is :) If you don't give a damn about community you're part of, that community will eventually reject you.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
  20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.