rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pas74

pas74 Registered

"FAlonso"....Fernando Alonso said he did not use rFactor pro, using an infinitely more advanced. Also in the museum is the simulator Ferrari Assetto Corsa..

yes and did an interview with him...

most of simracers knows that rf pro has been used from many f1 team racers Red Bull included...

i don't agree with any word you post guy....you post really like an ultra fanboy !!

are you another al qaeda troll of Drivingitalia?

do you have no doubts about : ia, multiplayer, collision and physics of ac?
    those are basics features.......

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It's not from graphics, it's from what the car is doing, sure, graphics can help give an idea with what the car is doing, we use a lot of visual cues in sims, audio and ffb as well.

I firmly believe that RFactor 2 and 1 have less of it's physics engine connected to it's graphics than other sims. There's more fidelity and detail of the physics not being shown on the actual graphics side of things with RFactor than other sims. Just check out how different and deeper RFactor 2/1 seems when actually driving, compared to what the graphics are showing.

When I said maybe, probably, period it was a figure of speech. I mean if not maybe the best sim to some, then it's probably the best sim to them, if it's not the best sim to them then it's most likely the sim, etc etc it was just a light-hearted figure of speech which doesn't really technically make sense. I thought that people would have understood what I meant (if not maybe, then probably, if not probably, then most likley), I didn't mean to confuse anyone or contradict myself.

In my opinion, based on my real-life racing experience, years of simracing, and years of reading about vehicle handling characteristics at the limit (I love analyzing and picking apart handling characteristics) I think RFactor 2 is the best sim, by a long shot, in terms of overall pure driving physics/vehicle dynamics. Not perfect though, no sim is.

Ferrari museum uses Assetto Corsa because they have a deal with Assetto Corsa simple as that. Rockingham speedway uses Live for Speed as their fun to play sim at the track, does that mean it's the best? One day the Bridgestone trailer came to the track for some sort of promotional day, they put on display an F1 Ferrari and an Indycar, they also had a sim inside the trailer that wasn't based on any sim we know, it kind of sucked actually, does that mean it's the best sim just because Bridestone used it? Saying a sim is the best because a company uses it for fans to have fun on at their Museum doesn't make sense.

I believe Asseto Corsa will be very good. It may become, along with RFactor 2 and any RFactor 2 engine based sims (Come on Reiza! Simbin! Pez! Etc), my main sim.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2013
  3. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

YYYYAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNNnnnnn

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Why can't we get both sims? 2 different physics/handling engines, each with their own strength and weaknesses, that are both the 2 best (I'm assuming here for AC obviously) in the genre.

Why not both?

With first person shooter games I don't choose either Frostbite engined games (Battlefield, Medal of Honour etc.) or CryEngine engined games (Crysis, Farcry, etc), I choose both!

Having said that (about FPS games), I know some people might say that's a bad example because most FPS games are just fun games without the deepness of gameplay that a racing sim has, so it's easier jumping from FPS engine to FPS engine, where as in racing sims jumping from physics engine to physics engine can change gameplay too much, this is true, however I believe that is a positive rather than a negative. No sim's physics are perfect, so purchase and drive atleast the top 2 or 3, rather than just 1, and it'll prepare you, train you, and increase your skills so much more.

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Very cool that we have the choice. I will try everything possible i'm intrested in. The use depends on purpose. Thx to everybody developing sims.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim Staff Member

Tadaaaa...

7. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

WE???? Is the mask slipping :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2013
  8. MarcG

MarcG Member

actually I cant possibly own BOTH titles as I'll spend more time hovering the mouse cursor over each desktop shortcut trying to decide which one to play and before I know it there wont be any time left for a drive...FIFA it is then :p

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim Staff Member

Mistakes like that are common when someone isn't talking their native language... lol I wouldn't read anything into it.

10. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

What?! :)

That's probably the only sane statement in the last few pages.

Non Brits won't know the reference, but some of the rF2 'defenders' around here remind me of the 'local shop for local people'. LOL

11. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

P&G is a better sim than rf2, so AC will be leap years ahead.
    AC demo has very good car behaviour and tyre model.

ISI will be sold to Simbin in 6months IMO.....

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Or they will just get sick of people on this forum and silly statements like this and go back to OEM/Private work only. We aren't their only revenue generator.

13. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Yep, tiresome on here sometimes, innit!

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim Staff Member

Yup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.