Released TrackMap 0.94beta for rFactor2.

Discussion in 'Other' started by fazerbox, Apr 21, 2013.

1. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Released TrackMap 0.94beta for rFactor2.

V0.94
    1) Fixed crash of Dedicated

V0.93
    1) Fixed Flashing objects When Hosting a Race
    2) Fixed CTD in some cases when Map is not loaded
    3) Zoom in menu ( ALT + SPACE ). Use Left, Right arrows to Zoom in/out
    4) Zoom parameter in Trackmapconf.txt [HUD] section

Links.

VirtualRacingGroup
    NoGrip

View attachment 1019

Max.

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Nice, thank you. Gonna try it out :)

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Noticed a strange thing in the menu... When 'Map fading edges' is ON, HDR is being inactivated I think. Also noticed the 'Save track map' [NOT OK]. Why?

Pic 1: Map fading edges Off.
    Pic 2: Map fading edges On.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, after some minutes my game starting lagging very badly, like I had 1-2 fps. Only a restart of game solves it. I've had this problem before, several times a day. But have not had the problem in a long time before today, and maybe it's because I have not used trackmap in a long time (because of the flickering objects). I can't say for sure though.

4. SimRacingBase

SimRacingBase Registered

5. antgen

antgen Registered

Thanks for the update.
    I'm also using the sweetFX plugin but both use a different d3d9.dll, so one replace the other. Is there any workaround to keep both d3d9.dll ?
    Do i have to alter the TrackMapPlugin.ini and change OriginalD3D9Dll=d3d9tr.dll to something else?

6. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Yes, this is correct.

7. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Yes this is fantastic. I hadn't time to update manual to show new features. I hope to do it before next release.

About Hedlun_90 FPS drops, maybe it is caused by another software actives, like afterburn, AtiTraytools, Fraps, or other sw that intercepts directX call or overclocks card. In this case, please try to stop it .

About Save Track not working. It is not related to fading edge, anyway I will do some checks.
    "Save Track" is usefull when you have a Track that Trackmap is unabel to show, because AIW file and GDB is not stored in "rFactor2\Plugins\Trackmap\Tracks" folder. In this case you hae 2 solution:
    1) Using mas2.exe extract AIW and GDB track files and store them in "rFactor2\Plugins\Trackmap\Tracks"
    2) Inside game, you generate 2 fake AIW and GDB files. These will be store in "rFactor2\Plugins\Trackmap\Tracks\Fake". In this scenarios you have recording Track and Pitlane.
    When you start a recording, you have to do a full lap, otherwise you see a message "NOT OK". It means that lap is not completed and can't be stored ( no fake files ).
    I know, this message is not very clear. In next release I will change with message like "Complete a full Lap..."

Cheers,
    Max

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2013
  8. kmw

kmw Registered

Thanks Fazerbox, this plugin is excellent work :)

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I can't find any option in the menu to turn off this map that is visible in the chat, but also when watching replays? It ruins the screenshots :p
    And I can't hide the mini map in the HUD while driving? I can hide all other objects but not the map?

[​IMG]

Also, all objects have started flickering again.

10. mel1c

mel1c Registered

Have you tried the numeric "zero" key to cycle the map display?

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

View attachment 7437

How can I disable those things highlighted with the red circle in the picture? Those weren't in version 0.91 that I used previously.

12. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Message "NO MAP LOADED" means that AIW and GDB files for track where you are driving, are not present in
    rFactor2\Plugins\Trackmap\Tracks folder so track map is not displayed.
    Please read manual how extract these files from mas file. It is an easy job.
    If you haven't that files and you don't want message, disable track map. Press NUMPAD ZERO and map and message will disappear .

About white edge, they change color to indicate car damage. At the moment rFactor2 doesn't report this info in telemetry data, so they will be always displayed white. rFactor pass that datas, so I think that soon rFactor2 will do it too.
    Anyway, if you prefer previous car image, in game press:
    ALT + SPACE ( show Trackmap menu) --> Select Objects ---> move cursor to WEAR row --> Press Right Arrow to select a differente Layout.

Remember that when you press LEFT or ARROW Keys, rFactor/rFactor2 changes how Time Gap are displayed. If you change that modes, without GID menu displayed, re-press LEFT or RIGHT key to select proper mode.

Max.

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks for explanation.

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

View attachment 7441

How do I disable that box (highlighted with red) from replays? Numpad 0 doesn't disable it.

15. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Edit <rFactor>\Plugins\TrackMap\trackmapconf.txt file, go to [MAPINBOX] section and set
    ModeMap =OFF.

There is a bug on pressing NUMPAD_ZERO When in replay or spectator mode.

Max

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks.

Numpad was active. Numpad 0 worked for "map not loaded" text but not for this.

17. Thomas

Thomas Registered

THX! Works like a charm. I love this plugin!

18. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Nice plugin, i have it flashing dark and bright while racing since the latest version.
    It seems to enable / disable hdr for some reason.

19. dubzire

dubzire Registered

How can i toggle different stuff on/off.
    For instance i dont want the rev meter in the lower middle of my screen

20. bassweight

bassweight Registered

Sometimes when I loaded in to a circuit, car selected/race configured etcetera; the UI would glitch and perform very slowly for a couple of minutes. Even entering the car, I'd have massive performance issues as if the CPU were at maximum load - however it was not. Only ever happens with TrackMap installed - I'm not sure why. It didn't happen every time - just enough to warrant it being easier to play without it. Is it maybe TrackMap compiling it's own data or something within the game, and I should just be patient? Either way, I enjoy the plugin when working correctly for me.