Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I recorded some telemetry Charts for Default Setup. Just look on the Right Plateau where I reached 250kmh in indy, before slowing down.

Can you explain me how a bently has same downforce on front axis like on rear while the radical has signifincantly less?? What shall the radical do to balance the high Speed behaviour, say to avoid understeer and tire killing? It can do NOTHING! Or you can go with wing 1 or max. 2 just to wonder why others drive circles around you after all.
    There is too much difference in downforce balance imo. The Bently drives like on rails. C7 not far away. Just my opinion
    thx

Attached Files:

2. oppolo

oppolo Registered

Is it possible to have the new TC and ABS onboard settings also in the GT3 pack?...and in the other official content if the real counterpart has

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

That is planned yes, in the next GT3 update.

ADSTA, davehenrie, Travis and 11 others like this.
  4. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Interesting data.
    What program are you using for these graphs ?

5. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

The rf2 project plugin from the 3rd party section. You could use any telemetry probably (DARM/Motec). rf2Project is real time so it save me same time. I used win snipping tool to make those shots. The graphs are defined manually, as the default chart for downforce uses same or very close colours for front / rear downforce, you can not separate them visually. It has also a telemetry table, at the end the numbers matter (or the relative values to each other as I talk about balance).
    If you redcue rear wing for radical front/rear get closer together, but then you end up with 2k downforce where the bently has 3k. The bently should have a weight of 1300kg, the radical 1170, but this does not make up for 1/3 less downforce.
    Cou can increase downforce on front also by increasing ramp angle of car, say go higher with the rear end. This shifts from rear to front. But I do not know why, going higher on the end usually dramatically decreases grip on the rear, so you loose more than you gain even if you try to compensate with +1 wing on the rear. In rf2 you usually go as low as possible allways (my experience), since rf1 actually. Does +1, +2 cm , relative to 6cm, really makes such a difference in real world? I dont know...

ceecee likes this.
  6. ceecee

ceecee Registered

@Stefan_L_01 Thanks very much for the comprehensive reply !

7. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Any chance of getting window templates for the gt3 mod ? Just like the ones you have made for the gte"s

SPASKIS and ADSTA like this.
  8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I do not know about you, but I'm glad that the next update of GT3 will include the possibility of removing TC and ABS.

Unless I misunderstood.

9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Why would you be glad?

10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

isnt abs help a bit ?
    i dont use it but people with bad pedals maybe use it cause braking with bad pedals isnt really good

11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The driving should be more "raw", more interesting. More alive too.

I never understood why in motor sport these aids were allowed.
    The pioneers of motorsport have to turn in their grave (french expression).

12. AMillward

AMillward Registered

F1 cars had traction control in the early 2000s and everybody bangs on about how great those cars were.

It's a safety thing. IMSA, WEC and so on you've got amateur race teams and/or drivers running on the same track as cars that are much faster (LMP1 etc) the last thing you want is a gentleman racer panicking, booting it and causing several thousand pounds worth of damage to his and someone else's car.

TC and ABS in GT racing and LMPs aren't like autotune. They're not to cover a lack of talent, they're like pitch correction- Allowing the driver to hit that note and push for longer. They make them easier to drive, but not easy to go fast.

But then, tell a driver he's going to be quicker by strapping a dildo to the front of the car; he'd do it.

There is also the 'off' button :p

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The cars are designend to use TC and ABS. Its not only a safety thing. That are Systems to make you faster if you know how to handle it. Especially the Corvette needs it , compared to McLaren because the McLaren is capable to get driven with trail braking without Abs, the Corvette not. If you try it with the Corvette, you get massive oversteer caused by the overbraking rear axle because the brake distribution does not allow a wider range to the front than 57, whats not enough to get a stable rear under braking into the corner so you have to brake very early only on straights what causes loosing much time around 2-3 seconds per lap. I can drive nearly the same laptimes with both cars with ABS, but without the whole BOP goes into sh*T. I had a discussion about that on a Server which didnt allows Abs where someone told me that's stuff what I am telling. He drove a 1.15 with the McLaren. I asked him to try the Corvette and I could saw only a 1.18 after that. But yeah I told only stuff. Maybe He lost suddenly all his Talent. And by the way. The New System allows Abs and TC if the cars are Build with it even when the server locks driving aids and i am really happy about it.

pkelly, McKiernan, peterchen and 3 others like this.
  14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

there is something that i dont understand.....
    is it a "must" to drive those GT3 cars with some aid? to go faster ?
    i mean low traction and low abs setting ?
    i play only with auto clutch

15. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Once again, even if we all have the same passion, our opinions can be very different on all subjects.

The best is simply to let the user choose whether he wants aids or not.

If in real life on some cars it is impossible to disabling these aids, it does not matter : we just have to be able to deactivate them if we wish in RF2.

ABS and TC has greatly reduced my interest and pleasure for the S397 GT3.
    So, I used little, while the work of S397 on physics is exceptional.

I think that S397 will let us the choice in the future (if I understand correctly) between modulating the level of the aids and disabling them for those who prefer : good decision !

mesfigas likes this.
  16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The new endurance pack has incremental TC like the real cars. I set mine so I have just a little bit of slip because I'm too used to V8 Supercars but you can just select level 1 in the setup screen that turns it off.

But if the real cars have them, I'm going to use them.

pkelly and mesfigas like this.
  17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

If you want to be fast with every car you have to use Abs because the rear axle stability is very different of all cars. The Corvette is very poor in that point even with Abs on the low setting . It would be different, if the brake distribution would allow more than 57 percent to the front but its not possible. adjusting t the brake pedal pressure to avoid brake locking is one point but a to small setup range which lets the car heavily oversteer under braking so that you have to brake much to early is another point

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    mesfigas likes this.
  18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

very informative thanks gonna try use abs on gt3 cars

19. Andregee

Andregee Registered

You can test it at Matsusaka. The first corner after the long straight. Try to brake into the corner with the Corvette with and without ABS.
    You will see that you will loose your rear without ABS so that you have to brake very early so that you can only roll throught it, without any brake input when you are at the speed limit of the corner.

20. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i test it on silverstone which is a very tough track for me
    on and off makes a lot different
    i dont oversteer with Mercedes when abs is on while braking and and start throttling