Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i think same question answered by s397 a few weeks ago and you need both instalation versions that are allreay instaled
    dont uninstall any of the previous version cause mods are updated automatically keeping some files from previous instalation versions
    or something like that :)
    cheers

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Those match the GT3 versions I have. Remember that one part is the locked car and the other is the unlocked skins (or something like that).

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I have subscribed and unsubscribed, and he gives me those versions, I just ask studio 397 to say if it is correct

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i have the same versions

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Since the last update my GT3 pack is missing in game. In the launcher they are listed as installed. How can I get them back?
    Any suggestion would be appreciated.

6. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Unsubscribe then Re-Subscribe...........

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Where, it’s not in steam workshop?

8. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

steam / see / inventory / view in workshop / unsubscribe / restart and re-subscribe when running rfactor2

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  10. Depco

Depco Registered

Having the cars in "Inventory" instead of workshop is VERY confusing. I know S397 had a reason for setting it up this way, I just can't remember what it was.

11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I have an addition to make to what AndreGee said in this thread:

The AI seem to have no suspension at all!
    Watched them today because Ive tested a new AIW and they are hard as stone! There is moving nothing,
    what leads to that they are jumping at the slightest bump. They are not able to even out a curb or any other bump, forcing them to brake and/or countersteer to avoid spinning what makes this cars AI useless on pretty much any track!
    Thats absolutely incomprehensable because .HDV offers tons of settings to avoid just that and make the AI smooth.

Really so sad that this fine AI-base ISI once offered goes so down the hill with S397.....:(

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

@peterchen Please can you provide the Track (or any track) and exact corner/s the GT3 Pack is having issues at, along with either A) a Default player.JSON or B) your player.JSON uploaded. So I may replicate the exact same scenario and test, thanks

13. peterchen

peterchen Registered

In this case it was PaulMarcs Zolder 2016.
    You wont have any luck there at all, as AIW there is more than useless.
    Test it on any other track and watch the AI. I bet it will be the same. (As long as they are hitting curbs and/or artificial bumps that often are added to mod tracks to avoid cheating).
    I would try Imola,- should be similar.
    Also Player.JSON have nothing to do with it. If you would have read carefully and Know something about that cars and the .hdv you should know what I mean.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've been extensively testing this evening at 4 different tracks and seen nothing out of the ordinary, tested on tracks with good AIW as it's pointless testing on anything that is useless.

15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

It's not just about the AI. I also find the Corvette itself with soft suspension and damping much too stiff. It jumps over small bumps, comes up, jumps up again, because the suspension hardly absorbs anything from the shocks. Even if I put the springs on the softest step and set the fast bump setting to the lowest possible value, so that the shock absorber stops the compression process less strongly when driven over by a bump and thus absorbs more energy instead of transmitting the movement to the chassis. the car jumps up without absorbing the shock and when it comes up again on the track, the suspension absorbs hardly anything of the energy and the car literally jumps up, even if I increase the Fast Rebound massively, which should prevent the fast rebound process and thus the new jump up again. As already mentioned, I saw the real car from Callaway at close range during the race and there I could watch a suspension movement and a soft rolling over curbs, which is not possible in the game. The whole problem is exacerbated because the Real Headmotion plugin does not work in VR and no Lock to Horizon function is available. I can't see where I'm going because of all the shaking.

Here are two examples. Driving the car it looks much worse than in these videos.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This could be my morning brain, but don't you want less fast rebound damping? Slowing the rebound will give you less bump travel on the subsequent compressions...

17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

That depends. If there are only a few consecutive shocks and the compression is as low as in the video so that you don't really use the travel, then it makes more sense to calm the vehicle by a softer spring decompression instead of making it jump so fast so high.

Only if the suspension travel would have been limited by the constant compression due to many consecutive shocks and the insufficient decompression of the spring caused by to high rebound settings, so that there is no more suspension travel possible, to absorb following shocks, that it would be better to allow a higher decompression , but the problem is not present here, because the thing does not even compress adequately in the softest values.

From my point of view the real Corvette is far away of this strange stiffness. Some people in my league avoid the vehicles already consciously, because they don't get along with this strange behaviour either. You often can't even drive over flatter curbs in the beginning, because the thing then jumps after like a rabid goat especially using a VR HMD where you can see nothing for that moment. But maybe i am totally wrong. I really need a lock to horizon function to compensate this disadvantage with this car

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well I'm no modder, nor have knowledge about this at all so I may be talking BS :D but back when I tried learning this stuff I noticed many sports cars mods in ISImotor based games have the CoG too low, rising it a bit makes the car behave closer on bumps and curbs to what you see on real life. But then I was just learning (and didnt go ahead with it) so I'm probably mistaken here ^^"

19. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Whats the meaing of CoG, center of gravity? Can´t say anything about it but i hope that licensed content of free of such mistakes if i understand correctly what you said.

20. peterchen

peterchen Registered

"Out of the ordinary" - Whatever that means for you. lol
    However I´ve not expected a useful answer from you.
    I would make a vid if I could. Maybe next week I mess a little bit around with shadowplay, possibly able then to show you.