Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I have tried to install on my dedicated server but when I use mod manager to install say BMW_M8_GTE_2018 v1.08 it won't actually install the file, it goes through the process but stops halfway along the progress bar on the top then just goes back to mod mngr screen and the file is not installed. I followed the above instructions. The files are in the correct package folder. I have installed the GT3 and Kart packages previously with no problem. Can anyone give me a tip on where I have gone wrong. :oops: Thanks

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

My bad I should have this in the gte thread. But no I have the correct directory I can see it in my packages folder and my mod manager can see it in the list but when I go to install it the mod manager verify's then stops and the file is not installed but when I look in my D:\rF2-dedicated\installed\vehicles file I can see the folders for the cars in there but mod manager still says they're not installed and I can't put them in a package.
    And now my mas2.exe comes up not responding and ctd only since I tried to install the GTE pack. It runs ok on my client pc but not the dedi server. I get to this screen then once i click create new it CTD ? what the? Mas2 error.JPG

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  4. lagg

lagg Registered

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Also make sure that your mod manager is pointing to the correct working and package directories.
    MODMAN.JPG

JimmyT likes this.
  6. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

thanks @Goanna I checked that first. I've run a different car set for the race tonight and will do a complete reinstall on the server tomorrow and try again. At that screen mine says the car is not installed and when I click to install it verifies then just jumps back to that screen and still says not installed. And yes I am trying to install the lower of the 2 versions.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

lagg likes this.
  8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Well I couldn't go to bed without having another go. A complete reinstall on the server has fixed it. Thanks for the assistance gents. :D

Goanna and pkelly like this.
  9. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Can anyone suggest whether APEX GT3 or Simtek GT3 (or any other mod) would be equal in performance to run against the S397 GT3 pack on a dedi server.
    This in order to vary the grid up with some different GT3 cars to race against.
    And if so, any changes needed to balance the BOP ?

10. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Simtec seemed very close to me lap time wise. , but only on short tracks. On fast ones the cars ran into the rev limiter and tyre degradation is different too. It makes no sense for me

ceecee likes this.
  11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

They fit okay with the endurance GTEs I found.

ceecee likes this.
  12. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

A friend and I have a race night with the AMGT pack and the S397 GT3 cars and they run similar times but we only run short races, 10 to 15 laps with no pit stops. We generally run 3 or 4 different tracks over the evening both short and long. Note that the track AI file may change the gap between the different packs. Some cars go better on certain tracks.

AMillward and ceecee like this.
  13. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Thanks for the input, we run around a 30 minute race with 24 AI and one pitstop and want to start with the most recent S397 tracks in order to experience rain so I will now run some tests with AMGT and then Simtek to see what we get with the AI behaviour.
    Appreciate the advice from all, thanks :)

JimmyT likes this.
  14. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Any chance of getting window templates for the gt3 mod ? Just like the ones you have made for the gte"s

15. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

The biggest issue is today's liveries are using much more shiny vinyl wrap on them but the Dev's are making the cars for rF2 with much less shine. The latest GTE cars are using a white alpha. So this means we can't get the cars anywhere near the real liveries. Not even the normal ones in my opinion. It's not the fault of rF2's engine. It's the Dev themselves and the lack luster way they set the shaders on the GMT Mesh. It seams they set the models up just to suit one livery and not think beyond it. For the price we payed for the latest GTE offering the quality is far from what we get for a third the cost for AssettoCorsa but it's not like rFactor2 isn't capable! It's the Dev's that are creating it's limitations whether it's on purpose or not I don't know but it's clear it's getting worse each time they release something then we're paying three times the cost of it.

Bonnet mode with the Porsche RSR we're looking at the road through the bonnet vents! Never see this! Not even free third party mods are this low in quality. Well not the ones I use or have worked on in either rFactor, rFactor2 or AssettoCorsa. Not even the old SimBin's GTR had this. Why are we seeing it now?

UsedMomo likes this.
  16. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

What’s the difference with the textures or what ever it is between the gt3 and gte packs,the gt3 liveries look fantastic,while the gte look flat and ugly,no reflection or gloss to them

Or have they lowered the texture quality for the gte,is that why we get better performance with them

17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Texture quality is the same. The models of the GTE pack are just better optimized. As D.Painter allready pointed out, there is a problem with the shader setup. For the GT3 pack there are different versions of the AMG for example, so my guess is that we will see improvements in that direction for the GTE pack aswell. The reason for this might be that the pack was rushed a bit for the Le Mans week. Not a biggy for me but for other people mileage may vary ;)

pkelly and patchedupdemon like this.
  18. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

GT3 Pack Update 4

Changelog 25/07/2018

Bentley Continental GT3 2017 v2.31
    - Updated tires
    - Added onboard Traction Control and ABS
    - Minor physics adjustments based on BOP testing
    - Added position lights

Callaway Corvette GT3 2017 v2.33
    - Updated tires
    - Added position lights

McLaren 650S GT3 2017 v2.25
    - Updated tires
    - Minor texture fixes in cockpit (mainly visible while in VR)
    - Added position lights

Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v2.31
    - Updated tires
    - Added position lights

Radical RXC GT3 2017 v2.31
    - Updated tires
    - Added position lights

(top post updated)

emha76, Jack7793, RaceNut and 14 others like this.
  19. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Is there any plan to update the visuals of the Merc? I'm still wondering why this car was not fixed yet. o_O
    Would have done that for myself if the car wouldn't be locked :p

I know, I know, there is so much more and other stuff to do, but fixing the normals won't take hours ;)

Aside from that: Thank you very much for keeping this up to date and deliver such a great addition to the game! Really appreciate and enjoy that!:cool:

20. Ned52

Ned52 Registered