Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Skan

Skan Registered

@Andregee You do not brake into a corner after a long straight with a vehicle that has it's engine in the front. You are supposed to brake before the corner. If the engine is in the rear, you can get away with braking into the corner and even use it to your advantage.

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I know real race drivers which do it, it works with ABS or a proper range of brake distribution adjustment with many cars, so why should i not use it if it makes me faster? Front engine, rear engine? Who cars, all what counts is the lap time

3. Skan

Skan Registered

@Andregee You may not care but inertia and other forces will have a say in how you corner. I should not have used the words engine in terms of weight. I should have just said if the weight is in the front you have to slow down before the corner most times or that front is not going to stay in front for long. If the weight is more towards the rear, you can use this to help you around the corner while braking if done correctly. The rear will become the front if done wrong. ABS is not a system to fix bad braking choices. It is to keep the brakes from locking. Hence the name.

4. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

hy

I hire the server and it is an FTP.
    You have to copy the mods. etc
    Is it enough if I only buy it? And I'll copy to the server.

5. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Like a said, real race drivers use trailbraking with front engine cars too. So all your theoretical thoughts are what they are, theoretically. And by the way, many front engine cars, even the Corvette use the Transaxle design with a well balanced weight distribution. The Cog is not a question of where the engine is placed.

McFlex likes this.
  6. Skan

Skan Registered

@Andregee
    It is not a theory. You cannot trailbrake every vehicle and maintain racing speeds. Those that trailbrake usually have practiced it and know what they are doing in a vehicle capable of doing so. They are also slowing down more than it appears from watching outside of the vehicle. For the record I can trailbrake the vette. That does not mean I can trail brake the Dissenter or the Mercedes GT3 at race speeds. Some FWD cars such as the civic can be trailbraked similar to a vehicle with the weight in the rear. The does not mean all FWD cars will handle this way. Not all things are the same just because they look similar. I will refrain from help from now on as I see you do not want help you want reassurance.

7. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

For the radical I Need full ABS. Else one of the front brake locks up allready braking straight at medium brake Input. It´s not the only car where one side has tendency to start locking way too early (for my taste). Without ABS It´s not possible to brake straight (!) in a competive way else with the radical (my experience). I tried everything in the Setup to compensate, assym Settings and so on - no way. I know there is some engine brake Momentum that may shift loads from one side to other, but in such an extent? I dont know, feels wrong for me at least.

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i have same feeling for Mercedes

9. Skan

Skan Registered

@Stefan_L_01 and @mesfigas Are you pressing the brakes to slow down or tapping them for 10ths of a second at a time? Try the latter.

10. Andregee

Andregee Registered

It was never about other vehicles and the general topic of trail braking but only about the fact that trail braking with the GT 3 Mod cannot be used with every vehicle if ABS is deactivated and therefore the balance of performance is no longer given and that without ABS it makes no sense to let the vehicles compete against each other, because in reality they are used with ABS and therefore the setup parameters both real and in Rfactor2 are not designed to use the vehicles without ABS. If you try that, certain vehicles like the Corvette are sometimes massively disadvantaged. If ABS is allowed, the Balance of Performance fits, because even then you can use trail braking with any vehicle and is e.g. with the Corvette 2-3 seconds per lap faster and thus again on a level with the McLaren. Even if it may have been well meant by you, I don't see a meaningful connection to your statement here, that the Corvette is typically not suitable for trail braking due to the front engine. But this is it using ABS in Rfactor2 the lap times clearly show this and also in reality it is used and it works and like i said, real racing drivers use trailbraking too, like this AMG GT3 real racing driver. He uses also trailbraking in reality with the front engine car and could not get it to work in rFActor2 without ABS

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H6JkX8amkE&t=380s

11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i use a thrustmaster T3pa pro pedal
    no matter what i try with mercedes gt3 the car goes to oversteer after braking
    i m trying hard to focus while i brake with that car in a sense that i start not to enjoy it
    maybe this car isnt for me

12. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I had the same oversteer prob with the Merc and for me adjusting the brake bias towards the front (around 60/40 if I remember correctly)settled the arse end down.

mesfigas likes this.
  13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

gonna try it thanks for advise

14. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Any chance of getting window templates for the gt3 mod ? Just like the ones you have made for the gte"s

ADSTA likes this.
  15. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Is it just me, or is the abs level in the gte cars not switchable in-game?
    Cheers

16. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

GTE does not have abs

17. oppolo

oppolo Registered

Of course not, because of the rules of GTE

18. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Ok thanks. I am not into the gte rules. I just heard about the very good abs of the porsche rsr in a german car show and was wondering why in rf2 the car hasn't abs.
    Thanks for clearing :)

19. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

not sure if this has been noticed, but in the C7R GT3 the top left switch on the centre console is labelled "ING". this should be "IGN" for ignition.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Steve Olden Na bro, it's to fire up the ingine eh!

(Kiwi reference there :p)

Adrian, JimmyT, ADSTA and 1 other person like this.