Latest Roadmap Update -October 2017

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Thank you.

2. Louis

Louis Registered

Yes, i was worried over time line or something to make the change. glad its automatic, as i understood. thanks too

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

November 30th. It would be nice to have a roadmap for this month.

Some of us have been waiting for the new UI, which has been under testing for several weeks already, and competition system but we are just getting DLC content that should not be interfering because it is supposed to be made by different people.

DX11 optimization to avoid a 15% framerate loss affecting some users should be a priority. I am still in DX9 for that reason. Reading in September and October roadmaps that it is considered stable cannot be good news for us. We are being abandoned it seems.

I would love to support S397 buying latest DLC content. However, and considering it is pushing back the rest of the promised features I have decided not to buy any DLC content until the promised features and bug fixes become a reality.

4. Comante

Comante Registered

5. demerzel

demerzel Registered

SPOILER ALERT: THERE WON'T BE NEW UI THIS YEAR NOR COMPETITION SYSTEM.

LokiD likes this.
  6. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Optimization must really be a priority.

The shadows will be optimized, good.
    On the other hand, no information concerning a global optimization.

The fact that there was no significant improvement during the beta in the field of performance optimization, does not presage anything good in the field of performance for the very next stable BUILD.

It's all about communication / no communication :
    Maybe they work "day and night" on it :).

I hope we will have a good surprise. We had some very good surprises lately (new tire + two very good DLC).

7. stonec

stonec Registered

There was significant improvement during beta from May to July, it went from unplayable on AMD cards to playable. But there was no improvement since July, correct.
    Marcel mentioned in yesterday's live stream there will be new DX11 build by the end of year with rain effects etc. UI release was pushed back to next year.

SPASKIS likes this.
  8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

They will give us something for new years eve for sure but cannot guess what is gonna be
    maybe updates on some older tracks.
    for the moment not enough money to buy DLC's maybe next year.

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

According to my benchmarks there was no real gain from the first public release in May to July. What actually happened is that fps dropped dramatically in the first "unstable" builds. After three months latest builds caught up with initial stable version. It is everything reported in the dx11/dx9 performance thread.

Those rain effects were expected shortly after the release of the GT pack (which was over month ago) according to August roadmap.

In that same roadmap it said UI was about to start testing which was confirmed in following roadmaps. According to the words
    Obviously we can’t predict yet how long this phase will take, but it should tell you that we’re pretty close to a first public beta release.
    I wonder what is pretty close for S397?Misteryously now it has been delayed until 2018. Private betatesting must have gone horribly I guess. Considering previous cases we probably are talking about last quarter of 2018. Even roadmaps are pushed to the limit lately.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Oh man this again
    [​IMG]

MarcG and jayarrbee36 like this.
  11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

12. Magus

Magus Registered

@SPASKIS
    I think sometimes you need to accept that programming can be a bit like this:

Marcel in his talk and drive openly admitted that after getting involved with rF2 and unravelling the core of the game, they underestimated the work involved. And still left with learning new ways of improving the game. They want to have a fair amount of official content (cars/tracks) that will work with the new shaders as well as working wipers and new puddle graphics (no mention of aquaplaning atm). They will have that next month for release and contemplated releasing one car and tracks with the effects but decided to have more official content available.
    I feel your impatience. I do. But I've purchased the FE pack just to support S397. Not tried the cars and track yet and I know you are passionate about rF2. Just need to be a little patient i think.

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

15. Emery

Emery Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.