Latest Roadmap Update -October 2017

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liakjim

liakjim Registered

fsuarez79 and Emery like this.
  2. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

The fact that we still have a car with REAL data very accurate, with a real partnership and probably the latest best physics technologies is a very good news.

But the choice of the electric is completely beyond me. It's not just the sound, it's the way of shifting gears (depending on the torque / power curves and the constraints: aerodynamic drag - rolling resistance - notches etc.).

In short the method is perfect, the choice could not be more disappointing for me (if a car with a diesel engine would have been worse).

For me in RF2, electric/diesel NO, hybrid gazoline OK.

Omelete likes this.
  3. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

I believe Formula E is injecting money on this, it's not something that S397 prioritised over another "better" option.

Bruce0440, Omelete and dadaboomda like this.
  4. Depco

Depco Registered

I would agree that Formula E may be funding this development as a way to advertise their new series. I am not a fan of Formula E but I am a fan of rF2 and of S397 continuing development of cars and tracks for rF2. I'll likely purchase the pack simply to encourage S397 to continue development of more content, and to continue to improve my preferred Sim.

Scoopscat7, Rui Santos, bwana and 2 others like this.
  5. kimbo

kimbo Registered

I really love s397, but i must be honest, i was about to say that i hate the formula E,but it would not have been true,
    it simply does not exist and will not exist in my world

6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I hope this will lead to us getting a mclaren p1 either raid car or race car.
    It’s the best car.................in the world

7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Even though I'm not a fan of formula E either, i'm thinking these e-tracks could be good for touring series (BTCC,WTCC) and no modder would've been interested in making them so I think it's a good addition.

gabrielof, bwana and Guimengo like this.
  8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Theres better motorsport disciplines out there, but none that are gaining a quicker interest than FE. Its a brave but wise move by s397 to have a license not yet done in a sim. Theres gts in most games theres indys in most games theres touring cars almost in most games and theres the elusive f1 license. It could pay off, for fans of the series to come to rf2 and help improve the title....

However I would like to see a touring car license, but however I do think fwd ffb in rf2 needs improving on a lot especially on consumer wheels

but.....
    . Imagine a group 5 license or a group C!! wow

gabrielof, Omelete and fsuarez79 like this.
  9. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I haven't tried any ISI/S397 Fwd car lately but there's a WTCC mod done by SIMCO and imo they did an excellent job. I really like the fwd ffb i'm getting from those cars, you should check it out if you haven't already.
    Group 5, Group C or GTO's would be my choice as well

demerzel likes this.
  10. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I'm not saying that Formula E is a bad way to go... it'll get increasingly more eyeballs. But there are a couple of things about it we might be concerned about. Firstly, the series starts on Dec 2nd at HK - not very far away - and there are 11 races spaced about a month apart. None of them use existing racing circuits. They are all street circuits, and the nature of those are that they have lots of straights with hairpin bends, or chicanes. The reason for that is that the cars don't reach very high top speeds and have a massive excess of grip over power, meaning there is not much need for long fast corners, so they make them about rapid changes of direction instead. In short, those tracks won't make very good environments for cars other than FE; slower cars better, possibly low end touring cars might be OK but even they will struggle with some of the corners.

Last year they did this with Cloud Sport, who created the tracks and cars. I don't see anything on their website for the upcoming season. So I'm guessing they aren't doing it going forward. Maybe S397 are going to do it themselves based on the somewhat problematic Vegas ePrix event. But it they are, that's a lot of content to keep creating and releasing in 'real time' just ahead of actual races, and I'd think they would have a full content team on that alone. The other problem was that they said they needed 25+ add-in apps to do what they did. So that's really needing the same or a bunch of code changes to do something similar. I could see S397 having to put almost the entire team on supporting just this. Does it make sense to only cover a few of the events?

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

If they're being paid for this or have $ on the horizon from this deal, of course they'll prioritize this content over whatever may have been in the pipeline. They have two full-time track artists on top of other people making tracks for free or contracted.

bwana likes this.
  12. Ruben Correa Alves

Ruben Correa Alves

I think Formula E is just fine as a series. Sure, it lacks sound and the S1 to 4 car doesn't look good, but when the racing is good the racing is good. I can get over the sounds and looks, but the thing I really dislike is rather how goofy the car drives. Not a lot of power but because of the grooved small tires it's always sliding all over the place while still going slow.

Overall the first car (and it's revision last season) looks like the nerd who's trying to be a trendsetter, interesting but not looking cool at all. The next version in season 5 will looks like his cooler cousin, looking a lot better (based on some of the concepts) and the power will go up from 240hp to 335hp.

I hope in a few years we go towards something like 450hp and full slicks (maybe as a new series) to show that this technology is not only interesting but actually something that can match some of the other high-end motorsport.

13. Omelete

Omelete Registered

if the formula e has made an investment in rf2, it is welcome ... now that money could do more good things for us.

14. Louis

Louis Registered

Hi people, sorry to not read all of it, but do we still have an beta version dx11 and one stable option?
    On steam app it says i´m in v1109 dx11 open beta. Do i have an option to dx11 stable version?
    Thanks in advance

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

They merged beta and stable dx11 versions into one which is called beta to distinguish it from regular dx9. It has been said it will become mainstream in next build.

Louis likes this.
  16. Louis

Louis Registered

Thank you

17. Depco

Depco Registered

@Louis no there is no "Stable" build of DX11. It is in beta currently. ALthough that being said the Beta tag will be coming off DX11 shortly and it will become the default version of rF2.

Louis likes this.
  18. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

And ,the new version,when ?

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

When it's ready in the coming weeks by all accounts, so not long now.

20. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Ok!
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.