Isi servers .. Finally well done

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. gplayonline

gplayonline Registered

A couple of connectino lost here, with the Brabhams at Brianza. :(

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes, the servers are on a roughly weekly rotation. I think I'll switch content on Tuesday or Wednesday.

3. 88mphTim

Yeah, I think you found the right reason there. :)

4. 88mphTim

Buffalo, NY.

5. 88mphTim

I have no idea what you're talking about, and if you can't be grown up enough to explain when I ask you to explain in plain English rather than a riddle, then add further to it with this reply, that's your problem now, not mine. Any further name calling, or what I can loosely assign to be name calling on whatever whim takes my fancy now with you, will have you banned. I asked a simple enough question, and that was for an explanation to help with whatever your problem is. I have no interest anymore, and that's 100% due to your response.

Edit: Your previous post was about auto gears. Is that really what you're annoyed about? Because I didn't immediately switch the servers to a setting you wanted? Or post a decision in the thread here? This is very much a learning phase for me, I'm taking feedback on just about everything, from practice sessions, session lengths, server settings, car/track selection, etc. How about some understanding and patience? Your immediate dive to the bottom of humanity calling out issues with respect, etc, has only had a negative effect.

6. 88mphTim

No idea who you were calling that, but when you're able to view the forum again: Don't do it again.

7. SVO

SVO Registered

It was a pleasure meeting you this weekend in the Historic server. Having fun like that on a whim brought me back to NASCAR2003 days. Well done ISI.

8. Jônatas Soares

Jônatas Soares Registered

Tim, sent an email to you regarding to rfactor 2 licensing. Waint. Thanks

9. 88mphTim

Replied. Haven't caught up on Saturday emails yet, but snuck you in. ;)

10. RustyM

RustyM Registered

Today, Monday, the ISI Historic Server is acting crazy. Only some of the drivers are showing up, many are typing in black like spectators, yet you can see them on track etc. Strange lagging in the chatting too.

11. Jônatas Soares

Jônatas Soares Registered

Thank you Tim, hope to get the payment link as soon as possible.

12. sg333

sg333 Registered

Same for me - showed myself 3 times in the drivers list (i was 1st, 2nd and 5th lol), and all the others were duplicated. Also showed only positions 5-10 of the drivers in a race, leading 5 not shown/displayed at all.

13. 88mphTim

Thanks, Rusty. I restarted the server and the people in it tell me it's fine now. I'll make a forum for stuff like this to be posted in, as the dedi server looked 100% normal from the server side.

14. RustyM

RustyM Registered

Thanks, the servers have been great fun!

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Meh, too many crashes on green and T1 today :)
    Could have been the lag but 1 out of 3 races to survive as a grid...

I've been searching for the thread Tim, can't find it, someone was diving deep into collision penalty-ratings. he was doing a fine job but it was some time ago.
    Maybe a good idea for your servers? penalize those whom go in too hard, drive-through or stop/go

I can see these servers becoming very popular but there needs to be something for people to restrain themselves a little bit.

Oh and maybe exit-on-escape rather then exit-on-car is stopped. it could prevent allot of additional incidents.

I like the format though, quali/race nice and quick and not too short either for public racing.

16. 88mphTim

Just an FYI, seems LR isn't showing a couple of servers (and probably isn't recording info from them). We've let that site know. The ISI servers are still up.

17. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

I'm still having trouble with the historics server even after removing AVG as suggested. I am very confused as to what's going on. If they are all on the same physical server, then I should have trouble connecting to ALL the ISI servers, not just the historics, right? I can race on ISI_Howston, ISI_OpenWheel, ISI_GT, ISI_Touring, and ISI_Special just fine, but ISI_historics gives me "Server Connection Failed" after about 7 seconds. There was a period of time where I could get to the historic server, but I lost connection in the middle of the race and I can't connect anymore. Sorry if I'm being a little annoying but I really want to figure out what's happening.

18. 88mphTim

Dave said something along the lines of you having a lot of software on your computer that would stop it functioning. It would do just one because although they are on the same server (ISI Howston isn't our server), they connect to your machine separately, and could be blocked separately. It could be as simple as a box popping up while you were typing and you hitting enter finishing typing, blocking it, and you never knowing you did it. I think Dave was willing to talk you through it still if you found the time to spend.

19. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

I've found a very strange solution to my historic server issue. I changed the "Simulation Port" number in my player.ini to 1025. After that, I was able to connect to the server and race. However, next time I tried, "Server connection failed". So I tried changing the port number again, and I was able to access the server again, and so on and so on. As long as I go back and forth between port 1025 and 1026 I can access the server as many times as I want. I don't really know what that means, but If I were to guess, I would say there is an issue with the server not closing my session properly after I leave.

20. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

it was a pleasure SVO I remember you mentioning GPL over the weekend.....Simracers4life (SR4L) holds races on sundays with the 60's F1. Really great guys and the fastest ive seen. Go check them out if your interested.