Isi servers .. Finally well done

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Perhaps you don't know the driver was also the CEO of a performance car shop, and had probably driven cars far more ludicrous than the scary Porsche. And certainly he could have lost it on any kind of surface abnormality, but heaven forbid grass in a sim not have enough grip, eh?

Also, what exactly did I say that was specific enough to bring your reaction post? It felt pretty non-specific, as a bump on a grippy surface isn't as much of an issue as a bump on a dusty one, is it? So, where's the argument coming from?

2. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

I wasn't talking about the grass or grip in RF2. I was simply saying that it's stupid to say that because a low level race driver crashed an, unknown, car for him going most likely +100mph in a 15mph zone on a public road with plenty of unknowns that that automatically must mean sims are correct for being slippery... It's just a weird correlation you're trying to make there.
    And my boss is the owner of an AMG Mercedes garage, doesnt mean he knows how to drive a car properly.

3. 88mphTim

I was. I didn't say what you're saying I did about sims. It's a weird correlation you're making as well.

Neither do most simracers, which was the point, actually.

4. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

You literally said "Grip will always be an issue for simracers" and then expand on that by saying a racedriver crashed a car on a road with, supposedly, similar grip as rF2's green track... Why would you say that when one doesn't relate to the other?

Nontheless, it's perhaps a bit more respectfull to keep people who have died less then a week ago out of a nonsensical argument

5. 88mphTim

You're right, there should be a specific amount of time where it doesn't matter what argument they are brought into. How long would you suggest?

I did it, simply to illustrate that someone who probably drives cars of that type quite regularly, at speeds he was probably doing quite regularly, on regular roads, can screw up and not be aware of how little grip or control they have. Sim racers, on the other hand, are utterly bewildered every time they encounter this, and blame whatever sim they happen to experience it with. As I said above, that's the point, people with comparable experience (hands up who has F1 car experience here) are very few, but somehow everyone knows there's not enough grip on the line, off it, on the grass, etc. All situations none of them have experienced, and exactly the same situation those who recently died do a very good job of showing, because if they had experienced it before, I doubt they would have Darwined themselves.