Isi servers .. Finally well done

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It could be a form of flooding protection, or even an ISP throttling per port, but I'd doubt that one. What does the sim do when you leave? Your user would time out pretty quickly (users not sending data get booted automatically).

2. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Thank you for finally doing something towards your marketing duty to subscribers. It has made all the difference. Please try and empathise with the frustration experienced by drivers, considering we have been waiting for this approaching 2 years. Many would suggest it could have/should have been done from the beginning - or at the very least we could have been informed that it would actually one day happen.

This has been a great move, ISI. True to my word, I am now regularly on the servers in an effort to support the greater uptake and exposure of the software amongst the sim community. We, the rF2 driving community owe it to ourselves to make appearances there. The more successful they are, the more inclined ISI will be towards helping the community with the infrastructure required to make the software more successful, playable and usable. There was a period there where I could no longer gain satisfaction from driving rF2. That was a depressing realisation.

Things have been looking up!

Well done.

EDIT: Next, lets see ISI implement an 'Official Servers' filter in the server browser!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
  3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

+1 for "official ISI servers" filter :)

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

Agreed! Having to scroll through 70 empty private servers is annoying :p

5. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Yesterday I tried to join ISI Touring server, I was missing some components and it successfully downloaded Clio and Loch Drummond. When I tried to join again it wanted to load Mills and said that Loch Drummond .SCN cannot be found on something. However the track is there in single player mode and works fine. Don't know whats that all about. But many times, trying to do pickup rF2 online racing it just wont work.

6. 88mphTim

Filtering of some kind is supposed to happen, thanks for the suggestions as well.

Johannes, on our server, we switched to Mills today. Is it still not working for you now?

7. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

What I found to get around Johannes issue as well as what was my own was.

Before you try to join a different server with completely different content was to:

1) Before entering another server, I would from the Match Maker screen, open manage mods at the bottom.

2) Select any other mod other than the one you just left the previous server was set for.

3) uninstall the mod it opens first, un-install and exit.

4) try to enter the server you wanted to. If you don't have the content or track, it will download it and you will enter.
    If you already have the needed content, then you will go right in.

I re-created this 2 or 3 times, and the above worked every time.

For some reason, it is hanging onto the last content.

Likely will not work for anyone else :) That is what worked for me.

Good luck LOL

Dave

NRT

8. Galaga

Galaga Banned

G4 @ spa. Nice. :D

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

G4 @ spa........

I am sure rookies will love it, just look at the DNFs ......2-3 cars finishing

More then one already asked for F3 in this thread, guess first in is not best dressed around here....

10. Johannes Rojola

Yes I was able to connect now that there was Mills in the rotation. I have to try if Dave-NRT's solution works next time I have issues :)

11. 88mphTim

I'd already planned to run the Howston after the Brabham on the historics side. :)

12. sg333

sg333 Registered

G4 at Spa is a complete disaster, you should have some sort of license test for that.

13. 88mphTim

It's the first few hours. Give people time to learn. This is exactly why I'm not switching out cars and tracks more often.

14. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

When I leave the server the sim does what (Im assuming) it's supposed to. It goes back to the screen that lists all the games without displaying any kind of message. Don't see how it could be flooding protection because I don't have to race or do anything that would send/receive large amounts of data. I can just go to the car select screen for the sever and then click back and then it won't connect again. I'm no expert though.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

2 or 3 cars finished every race so far.

The worse finish in 33 races I saw at BT20 Monza was 7 drivers, the best 17 of 24 finished, no damage would have been 20 finished.
    Respectfully I don't think it has much to do with time when it comes to rookie.

To finish races in my "F3 Rookies" took people a helluva lot longer then one week to do, and that was no damage, but the room was always there and eventually they would get it, but not in a week and that is the easiest car of all to drive.

My point would be have one room you do not switch out, personally I think the F3 is the best training car, swap tracks every week or whatever.

2 Rooms one with Clio and one with F3 both permanent :) Somewhere newbies can first come and chat.

I agree sg would be a good option, take rF2 to a IR licence level somehow off liveracers.

Rookies room would be confined to rookie rating apart from people helping out, etc.

I get more of a kick out of seeing others improve then a PB or race win any day of the week.

16. 88mphTim

I mentioning flooding protection or ISP throttling because I googled the ports and found that some ISPs do have them blocked for various reasons. eMule being a major one apparently. If you can connect, then I don't think it's an issue with our software, I think it's software on your machine that controls your connection (be it firewalls or Windows), your router, or your ISP... I understand it's annoying as hell to deal with though. One thing to try might be to finish a race, restart your PC, then try connecting to the same server without changing the port.

17. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

I have to admit, the Clio server is setup almost as bad as it can get for a pub server
    Formation lap = pretty bad idea
    A rolling start after a public server formation lap = Also pretty bad
    But then on top of that you get a stop n go if you pass the idiots that crashed before the race started :s

18. Johannes Rojola

Yeah the rolling start does not work. Best option should be standing start without formation lap.

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

agreed, same for Skippy at LRP, we did a few races tonight and it went ok but it usually doesn't in public.
    Even a normal formation lap is asking for trouble most of the time.

20. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

+1
    Race ruined on the formation lap because some people do not understand what a formation lap is!