Released GT3 Update and (v1) BOP

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 7, 2023.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

He might be referring to AI controlled cars which tend to either roll, as in the the BTCC cars prior to the Rollover fix, or break traction skidding across the curbing.

2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

if it was comment with AI in mind then that makes sense. but i think he is talking about his driving experience.

3. basil_fawlty

basil_fawlty Registered

I'm in serious need of help to understand S397 cars. This weekend, I have tried several AMS1 and RF2 mods (Enduracers) before driving AMR GT3. I have realised that these cars are the shittiest in all of simracing. With default setups, same driving style, this car is the ONLY which completely lacks front grip, sliding all the time. Tyre wear is ridiculous, this is true for any track, even a 25 min race is beyond imagination because wear is 4-5% per lap.

Either every single sim racing developer since early 2000s (ISI, Kunos, Reiza, SimBin, modders) were wrong or these cars have been completely broken over the last few years because this behaviour and tyre wear is UNLIKE anything else

So I'm very curious if default setups are crap, is everyone struggling with these or what's the matter...

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Can you be curious enough to do some laps (10 maybe?) at one common track, on default setup, and share a list/log of your times and tyre wear?

Then at least you can find out if others have the same issue.

(Be sure to use and specify a rubber preset for a proper comparison. Dry weather of course)

5. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I agree the default setups on the GT3 cars are difficult to drive. I also find it difficult to find a sweet spot in setup but when you do the cars are magic to drive.
    The super soft tyre appears to be unrealistic and I wonder if it shouldn’t be an option for these cars. Maybe its wear rate is realistic but as a GT3 fan, I’ve never seen that sort of wear in a GTWC race. I use the hard tyre which gives a much more consistent and predictable wear rate.

Rui Santos likes this.
  6. Andregee

Andregee Registered

They are not difficulty, they are crap. Take a look at the camber values or the detatched anti rollbars in a race car.

7. Simulation_Player

The camber don't work properly on new cars , which takes away use of ARB as camber maintainer a little. All this makes setup less important.

MotherDawg likes this.
  8. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Can´t confirm that. The camber value has a very noticeable influence on the temperature distribution and the grip depending on the curve speed and angle.

9. Simulation_Player

how did u measure the grip ?

10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Higher cornering speeds and forces?

11. Simulation_Player

12. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

Simulation_Player likes this.
  13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

You can feel different caster values quite easily in the force feedback in the form of different self aligning torques based on different grip depending on the value, so nothing is confirmed.

14. Simulation_Player

No problem. I believe the camber is still not sorted out. this is what telemetry shows as well. Surely i can feel the camber changes thanks for rf2 fantastic FFB but is camber as important as IRL ? this is where my testing shows no real difference. it feels different but cornering performance is almost identical.

Juan Cofiño likes this.
  15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Le Mans Ultimate is out and the cars dont have the stupid shift limitations where downshifts are not possible while staying on throttle.

chops and JEmilio like this.
  16. JEmilio

JEmilio Registered

And the Porsche updated

17. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

Haha but thats not realistic!!! :)

chops likes this.
  18. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Lol ok than all other titles aren´t realistic, only rFactor2 and only within the GT3 series.

19. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Does a higher slip angle value actually mean a higher permitted slip angle before the traction control intervenes or a lower one? In LMU, higher values mean a later intervention, i.e. more slip angle is allowed before the traction control intervenes, which I can also feel there, but here in rFactor2 I don't really notice any difference between 1 and 11.

20. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

Keep saying this and you will be banned! hahahaha