Released GT3 Update and (v1) BOP

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Stefan Wukovatz

Stefan Wukovatz Registered

Perfect and thx to @The Bad Fasterd.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I jumped in the Bentley and did a pit stop, car drove fine afterwards. What do I need to do to reproduce it? That's the info you need to give.

3. dav_0075

dav_0075 Registered

Good job for updating the GT3 but we need current or historic official skins for each car that strengthens immersion because it is a hassle to spend hours looking for skins on racks that are deleted at each update Or who are planting the car when they are too old. And a lot of skins are too basic and not beautiful

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I drove the Bent '17 this morning and the tires seemed....normal.
    Could you describe step by step how you are seeing this tire temp explosion?

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That will be difficult for the Studio as they do not have agreements with the various GT 3 organizations. The reason they could do this for the BTCC cars is MSG does have contracts signed with TOCA(or whomever runs BTCC) I think the current crop of BTCC skins are actually from modders at RD and S397 purchased their content for use with the BTCC cars.

6. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

I just tried again.

Bentley GT3
    Just sitting in the pits at Hockenheim GP doing nothing and my tyre pressures/temperatures are rising fairly rapidly…

Tried on both Hockenheim GP (mod) and Spa Francorchamps GP (official content), same result.

davehenrie likes this.
  7. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Unfortunately this is incorrect for some cars. They've renamed the sound file and haven't stuck with a standard method for naming so you need to go through each car-upgrade.mas and check the VEH file for the correct .json name

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Hmm perhaps. Seems I lost two posts today, or lost track of my replies.... sorry

9. Kahel

Kahel Registered

It may be so...it doesn't mean we are disagreeing... all that much... in the overall picture.

Again... nobody more than myself aim for realism... wish we had more...

To get back on point... if a behavior is 'bad'... penalize it... make it just like the real life experience... by engine tear, brake tear, etc... not by physically preventing it... if I can do it in real life... then I should be able to do it in the sim... and then suffer the consequence... short term benefice... of keeping the control of the vehicule... versus long term consequence... engine wear...

Like you said yourself... doing such thing would be the best way to get yelled at by engineers and throw off from the team... IMPLIES... they are able to do it... and so should we... that's all I'm asking for...

Now we may have cars or regulation... in real that Impose such limitations... if so I'm all for it... despite the fact that I would not like it... at all... it would make sense to implement it this way...
    BUT in this case... it doesn't make sense to have a Generic version of the Gear protection... implement for the all field of 14 very differents cars... were it's oblivious there was never such regulation/tuning/restriction... for such a various serie of car... from like a 10 years periods...

The way it's implement now... is the 'unrealistic' one anyway... even tough I don't think being realistic is a good term at all... when we speak of such features...

So let us do it... abuse it even... BUT... suffer consequence... or not I'm all for it... just like real life... just don't implement an hard limit... this way...

Same for... abusing curbs... for example... the solution shouldn't be... by physically preventing it... but with wear damage and maybe even making the car more instable...

Hope it give some perspective on how some of us... see this... if we think about it... pretty sure we would agree on the vast majority of the points... and overall view...
    But we just keep getting stuck... in those opposite camp... for little details... I guess it's almost a law... to get divided for small things... just how it work... but at the end of the day... there is an overall picture that would come out for anyone willing to get 'unstuck'... myself including.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

[​IMG]
    @kermit posted this image from DSP documentation much earlier in this thread. It indicates there are several preconditions for a Shift to be accepted and completed.
    Not only the throttle pedal must be at zero but the thottle body must be down to 20%. Most, if not all, GT3 cars have the Fly By Wire throttle connection so even if your foot is off the pedal the ECU & other SHIFT computers may still be reducing the throttle at a slower rate.

This is not something that the user should have the option of turning on/off. If so then why not have the Road Warrior Nitrous Super Charger as an in-race option as well?

11. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I too agree that there should be consequences for abusing engine , transmission.
    But that hard limit you say that is unrealistic, what if it is that way IRL too ?
    i did say IRL driver can do it , but its not big throttle is allowed while braking. like 10-15% which is similar to rf2 i believe.
    Even in ACC you can't overrev the engine, iirc you can have 100% throttle ON while downshift IF RPM is low enough
    this is because in ACC throttle gets cut off as you downshift so this is slightly different implementation than rf2.
    btw why we need to have throttle ON while braking?
    i'm pretty sure it is not fast nor efficient, never seen it done on modern race cars.
    from what i understand it is done to help stabilise the car , yes ?
    there far more better ways to do it, like dampers, spring, brake bias , lower rear ride height , positive camber at rear, bumpstop/packer, more rear wing(which don't add any noticeable drag at all for 1-2 clicks but surely provide lots of grip during braking).
    As seen above video i posted plus more real drivers , this is not a good technique,so maybe the driving technique needs to be changed ?

12. Comante

Comante Registered

Beside the particular issue, people seems to fail to understand that modern realworld motorsport is about rules, and a lot of those rules are not there to make people or cars faster, but on the contrary, to make them slower and/or to avoid excessive budgets needed to have success in a serie. Mechanical wear in real world is extreme and mechanical parts degrade their performance quite fast. To level the field rules try to limit how much performance you can squeeze sacrificing the car, in this way being richer than someone else is LESS impactful in your chances to win.

R.Noctua, jayarrbee36, Bernat and 2 others like this.
  13. The_Bad_Fasterd

I think most people here would like the most realistic experience out of rf2, otherwise we would be playing *insert other sim*.

The problem is that there are real life factors, like you have mentioned that are just not possible to implement into a sim imo.
    Abusing a car in real life has real life financial consequences which is why drivers drive around that.
    In the sim you race a brand new car every time you get behind the wheel. Even per session in a race maybe.

To implement some sort of long term penalty system would mean rebuilding the entire sim from the ground up around that specific game mechanic which seems very unrealistic to me.

I think we just need to live with the fact that not everything can be a 1:1 copy of real life racing and Im totally fine with that.

Kahel likes this.
  14. RoWo

RoWo Member

Ok, sorry, didn't check this for all cars.

15. The_Bad_Fasterd

Can whoever did the engine sound for the Aston Martin GT3 work the same magic on all the other cars please?
    The extra immersion because of the sound is amazing...

pkelly likes this.
  16. Stefan Wukovatz

Stefan Wukovatz Registered

Sry, was away at work, therefore no comment.

Bentley 2017, since I have tested it yesterday, it is better now, but not away. Looks like, the hotfix did something. Hm.

@Lazza:
    You need only a tool like SimHub or others, where you can see the tire pressure.
    Than it is only necessary to wait in the pit box and you should see the increasing of the pressure.

As mentioned above, now it is still existing, but the increasing is now not so fast as before.
    The vibration of the wheel in the pit box is also not so extremly as before. Same settings on the wheel, nothing changed.

Yesterday I have also seen, that the brake temperature increas also very slowly, if you are only waiting in the pit box.
    This is not an issue.

17. McFlex

McFlex Registered

@Paul Jeffrey The Radical give loading errors in the showroom. A fix is much appreciated

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Thanks, yeah, I don't use any tools that show it live, so logging lots of attempts wasn't appealing. It doesn't seem to happen every time based on the few times I've tried, but I jumped in and did a pit stop, and telemetry shows the pressure ramping from 140kPa to 165kPa on the fronts, then just as they're plateauing out the temperatures are starting to rise (had dropped down from about 29.5 to 29.0, then fairly quickly were making their way back up to 29.9 - I didn't really look at the ambient or track temps though).

No brake temp that I can see, just continually cooling down after doing the lap to get to the pits.

Obviously not great if it still happens and adversely affects a race, if you can find a way to 100% reproduce it (or close enough) I think a bug report is a good idea.

Matthias Weber likes this.
  19. Jan Titz

Jan Titz Registered

After my last post it was claimed that new content is being tested here seriously.
    Honestly, how can something like this happen again within 2 weeks if really good testing work is done here?

This was the second failure in the second championship race after the GT3 update due to programming errors.
    The problems with the tire pressure when the vehicle stops and stands for a long time, like during the pit stop, still exist.

I haven't experienced anything like this in almost 15 years of sim racing.

upload_2023-3-7_1-23-32.png

The Radical has some problems as it is displayed on the server as shown in the picture here. In addition, the aero balance is completely broken. The vehicle now drives as if you forgot to install the rear diffuser. And the brakes have also gone catastrophically bad since the update. And if someone should take care of the matter, it would be nice if the gear ratio wasn't as stupid as it has been for years..

I think some of those responsible should really think seriously about whether they are doing the right job,
    because any normal worker would certainly lose his job if he worked like that.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Jan Titz who knows what approach ultimately works best, and if the manner of your reporting (by which I refer both to you posting things here instead of bug reports, AND your tone/attitude) gets results then good luck to you.

I do wonder if the lack of response regarding the tyre pressure issue might be some clue though. Still no separate bug report for that, I think?