[REL] GP3 SERIES 2016/2017/2018 2.31

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jun 4, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Gurney flap on a rear wing can be accounted for by using one of the front fender flap/flare items and moving the aero force so it is located on the trailing edge of the rear wing.
    One of my mods for rF1 used one of the two flaps to act as the rear wing, and then the wing item became the gurneyflap. (one of them, was adjustable via pitstops...forget which one tho)

Guimengo likes this.
  2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you!
    Also this time my answer is not focused on your explanation and suggestion, but to what we did at the time we started thinking to gurney flaps and, in case, how to simulate them.
    I had a long and detailed conversation with ISI Phycisc Engineer and ISI Senior Coder and every time the answer was negative. There was no way with the code of that time (that didn't change from that time to now, so there is no way also currently) to simulate, correctly, how gurney flap works. Of course I trusted their answer and we went ahead in the development... We could review this point in the future.

3. McFlex

McFlex Registered

How do you enable this tool in dev mod? Do you have some kind of list for all shortcuts?

4. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

It is one of our private tools developed by Chris "redapg"... It is not easy to be "automatized" to release it to the public, but for sure Chris will take in account your request!
    Thank you

5. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

Oh my god, that visor looks absolutely epic.

Please, could you share it with me through private? I want to include it in a mod.

I was trying to achieve the same good looking as you here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/wet-visor.59175/#post-932706

But I don't know what I am missing. it isn't looking good.

Please, please, help me because I want that epicness too in the mod I am working on :p

@Slow Motion

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  6. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

This car is fantastic to drive. And I note that all your work or modding is based on real data. Congratulations.

pkelly and mesfigas like this.
  7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Quick update: the 2018 liveries and cars will be 4k, for a better look. We were thinking also last year to release the mod at this higher resolution, but the continue optimization of the game performances and the further optimization of the DX11 let us the certainty of good FPS also on "ancient" PC like mine with a full grid.
    Due to the new shaders for scratches/rain we have also reviewed all values and textures for same or better look than 2016/2017 cars.
    More info will come, thank you.
    20180203152848_1.jpg

20180203152831_1.jpg

8. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

What exactly is the issue, i don't see anything wrong?

9. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

In any case, the game options "player detail" and "opponent detail" can help. If you lower your options from full to high, your 4096 skin will be loaded in 2048. High end computers can have the nice skins, low end computers can have the performance without compromise on the mod.

10. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

4k is only useful for the showcase. Does those detail matter in a race? Do you go faster, does it drive better?
    But ok, ít´s all about fun after all.... Now you can put a QR code on your skin pointing to your homepage .... hurra

11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

If you refer to the video, nothing wrong: I recorded it after the fix.
    I need other info by GP3 guys before going in deep with the explanation, because I don't yet know how the new data will affect the sensibility and lock of steering wheel and wheels. W.I.P. atm

Jokeri likes this.
  12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

@jpalesi yes, thanks for pointing it in the thread

@Stefan_L_01 I agree with you, but sometime also the eyes deserve something... about the QR, LOL it could be a good idea! But we haven't a website, nor facebook really in use, nor anything more than our passion for what we do

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  13. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

@Slow Motion

I am very happy, really surprised, and impressed that you again improve the mod.

While it is already on the Top 3 mods and that equalize the best ISI/S397 mods...

I have a question for two EXCELLENT old mods :

Do you plan (want) to update with the latest S397 technologies (tyres...) the Palatov D4 + The 4 Abarth ?

The abarth mod is awesome, it is a shame that few users use it !

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Not easy answer... In the future I'd like to fully graphically update once again old mods (first overall update was for DX11), but to do that I absolutely need the skill and knowledge of other guys in the group.
    About tires it is a different thing, because here a lot of people talk about CPM, previous and latest technology, but without knowing in deep what it means and to what it brings in terms of feeling, etc...
    Do not misunderstand me, because obviously the improvements in technology that S397, I want to say Michael Borda, is something of great and unique, but I think that it is more addressed to tire manufacturers, to real high level racing teams, than to "simmers". Changes to tire's technology are so advanced that are more visible analyzing data than playing a game.

Again to not misunderstand me, because I'm the first to agree with the improvements on tires as well as much more with any physics improvement, than a graphics improvement!

Coming back to the mods, the tire of the Palatov D4 where specifically developed by Michael Borda on official info produced by the manufacturer. Michael is more than busy, sincerely I don't know if he have planned to update them.
    And, in general, respecting few basic mandatory rules, there is another way for building good tires without starting by scratch and for this reason Chris "redapg" developed and released his online tools, for helping modders.
    If in the future will be possible to have available new CPM S397 original tires, for sure we'll update the mods, but if S397 continue to encrypt mods...

15. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

true that message in the sarcastic tone well takes forward the mod...hurra..:rolleyes:

16. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Perhaps I misunderstood because it is write in english, but the sarcastic tone is not very fair for Slowmotion.

Anyway, physics are just 1000X more important than cockpit graphism, I agree.

17. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

That's complex, OK.
    So do your best, we will see in the future.
    No pressure ;)

18. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Sry that was not intended to be against anyone personally. But in last time a lot was done in rf2 as eye candy, while important functions are missing or stabillity is lacking IMO ( to be fair also because a lot of Hardware can not keep up).
    On the other hand in our Community the ArCade area has 4-5 times more participants while the rf2 section is struggeling to survive by members.
    So yes graphics is important but but useless if skin Upload while joining kicks other players from the server, or causes lags. It wont get better with 4k. And for leagues, for racing, it makes no real sense.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

ask server admin to disable skin transfer then lol

20. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Then he must collect all skins (league customized, personalized) and compile > work and stress to be after. And the pack, One more skin and everyone has to download 200mb or 500+ now again? But this is ot