[REL] GP3 SERIES 2016/2017/2018 2.31

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well yeah if it is in a to do list it's pretty obvious it hasn't been implemented yet. Is there any actual mod that has the tire update anyway? Even most of default content does not have it

2. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I meant I recently saw it was on todo list few weeks ago.

I don't think any third-party mod has it. I've actually asked about it here:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?posts/931951/

but TL/DR so far it seems it's work in progress.

3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

CPM: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....8-build-1-41-update.56012/page-12#post-930361

also confirmed here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....8-build-1-41-update.56012/page-13#post-930863

Not very laborious to find it (for me)... LOL

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    bwana likes this.
  4. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Well about brakes... We discussed it more than one year ago, I can say when one of the very first build was tested by GP3 driver, that reported the real car (2016, but not changed into 2017 and will not change in 2018) has brake very poor in performances and he reported also (Abu Dhabi comparison test) where we must brake with real car vs. mod ---> efficiency of real car = 80% of the mod.
    We applied changes. Then, in the year and half, we compared Motec data for efficiency, for temperature range, etc... and in one of the last build we updated some values according the Mr.D requests.

I think this explanation is enough to understand that we made something of unique in the scenario of the game/simulation and that we weren't and aren't rough in the development, at least on these easy things. Do not misunderstand me, I don't feel offended LOL, but sincerely I believed that you had more confidence in the work we did!

Pocisk, bwana and oppolo like this.
  5. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Thanks I've only seen the first one, so wasn't sure whether anything changed. So I guess the CPM update won't be released until 1.44 version.
    I also didn't know got it tested by a real GP3 racing driver and adjusted physics parameters accordingly. Not just fudge input data to match expectations based on shaky grounds (i.e. on videos, simple telemetry).
    BTW have you already seen latest update in physics calculation worksheet:
    https://www.studio-397.com/2018/01/rf2-physics-calculator/
    ?
    It exports all physics parameter files(in this case) for Formula 2012 ISI, unfortunately except tires.

6. oppolo

oppolo Registered

sorry, I tried your work only few days ago and I dont know nothing about the development, thanks for clarification. super mod, I like it, thank you!

pkelly and Slow Motion like this.
  7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Sorry but I don't understand the meaning of your question about the Physics Calculator of Michael Borda.
    The GP3 mod was developed entering thousands and thousands of numbers into that spreadsheet. The spreadsheet to what are you referring is only the last build of something started years ago.

8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

After the tests performed by @Stefan_L_01 we have reviewed the steering wheel stuff, because in effect we noticed something of weird changed in the time... we are also waiting for few clarifications by "Mr.D" and also a report by the other GP3 engineer in their advanced sim-rig. We have easily addressed something into the "SteeringInnerTable" and here you can see the wheel's angle to lock

New info will follow... thank you.

9. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

@Slowmotion

Incredible the serious you put in all your projects.
    Especially in Palatov D4/GP3/Metalmoro.
    Incredible.

Congratulations, and thank you.

Quick question to @Slowmotion :
    Have you other car projects for RF2 for 2018 (free/not free no matter) ?

pkelly likes this.
  10. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Formula BMW
    BMW E90 WTCC 06-08
    Fiat Abarth 500_695
    Predators Formula

and of course SMG HUD

These are all in the workshop

bwana likes this.
  11. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Yes, I have them all.

The 4 abarth are very good.

12. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

As mentioned in this thread also GP3 2018 for now!

Anto870 likes this.
  13. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Don't forget the Beetle Fun Cup :D
    and Peugeot S2000 !

So many projects, SlowMotion (and people involved) can not be thanked enough :thumbup:

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I would share with you what happens driving the GP3 in the rain... LOL
    20180201163348_1.jpg

And with our visor!
    20180201163111_1.jpg

A big big big thanks to the wizard of rFactor2, Chris "redapg"... and we have other ideas... ehehehehehe

Stay tuned guys, we are now actively working on improving the look of the mod and assembling the 2018 season!

elcoco, Emery, dadaboomda and 12 others like this.
  15. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

May I ask: For lowest wing settings (both front and rear) I get 295km/h, for highest 282km/h (Indy oval). Only 13km/h difference? Is this ok?

16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Yes, more or less in the range of 3-5 km/h for top speed, depending of series (2016 vs. 2017), fuel, etc... And oval should be a superspeedway, to reach the real top speed that should be just a little bit faster after a couple of laps. Then you can also appreciate the increase of speed enabling the DRS for 2017 series.

17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

As you have understood we are now working actively at the first step of the improvements of the GP3 mod and also the new structure for the 2018. Without boring you with the multitude of attempts we did for certain choices to give to the painter team the car ready for their job, that approximately will start by the end of February after the first test session in France, now we need to recruit some volunteer that has enough time to dedicate to the mod, for performing the tests that we'll need to do, time by time and along the next months.
    Who is really interested can send a PM to me. Thank you.

18. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I m not talking about absolute speed, I talk about speed difference due to drag difference of the wing setting.
    Full wing to least wing adds only 125N drag (equal to only 12.5kg only!) , but you gain 2500N downforce. This is a 20:1 ratio. If you think about this as glide ratio, you approach the efficiency of a sailing plane flying in its sweat spot at low AoA with laminar wings with least turbulences. Here we have kind of slotted flaps that you will see only during takeoff or landing for aircrafts for some reason.
    In other words: Is there a reason not to go with high wing settings, especially on the front to counter the strong understeer characteristics?

19. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

From experience racing the mod (one season), the front wing should indeed be kept high to cater for understeer, especially seeing as it doesn't affect top speed too much.
    Also, using low rear wing will definitely provide a worthwhile straightline speed advantage on longer straights with only a reasonable loss in grip, as my opponents found out at Interlagos ;)
    So, without being able to delve into the technical stuff like you, it seemed to work ok.
    As for the actual numbers being correct and such, I leave that to you guys.

Slow Motion likes this.
  20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I'm not the entitled people to give you the most appropriate technical answer, maybe the aerodynamic engineer that managed the data into the Physics Calculator spreadsheet or some other else of the group can...
    But, for what I know, he "translated" the aero data of the Dallara's spreadsheet, that of course are very very complex, to the "compact" way the rF2 code can handle them. It was and still is the most "mysterious" aspect of rFactor2 and I know it will be reviewed in the future by S397.
    That said, to talk about the default setting of the car is another thing. The default setting comes from the suggested Dallara default setting for the real car of 2 years ago. Take in mind that the rules for the 2016 car season, forced to use a rear wing in race with no more than 5 degrees: the effect on the car is easily understandable.
    Then, with the introduction of the DRS and the totally new rear wing, Dallara released a new aero spreadsheet only, no other documentation and rules changed to free rear wing degrees in race. And we applied new values to the aero of the 2017 cars.
    Last 2 things that anyway involve the behavior of the car are the fact rFactor2 code doesn't handle, natively, the Gurney Flaps and, referring to the understeer, at least at high speeds it is partially due to the tires, how CPM of second generation v. 1.103 works. Tire we are testing, latest new CPM v. 1.104, behaves differently, reducing a lot the understeer at high speeds. But for this point we must wait for future reports by GP3 drivers at the sim-rig and it takes long time.

Christos Segkounas likes this.