[REL] GP3 SERIES 2016/2017/2018 2.31

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That's the only solution, in the end skin transfer cause issues because people upload 4k skins, it has nothing to do with default 4k skins included in a mod. Your comment about this is not even relevant to this thread.

Emery likes this.
  2. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Correct, as I said it turned ot.
    However I dont see a benefit except for the showcase.

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It's an artistic choice, it looks better in 4k ;) you can resize the skins and make a 2k pack by yourself tho

4. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Better work on the default set. It boosts the unpleasant understear even more. 60 on coast I think, high front stabi, high rear wing.. Someone not familiar with setup tuning will not have fun and drop the mod

5. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Apparently this is the default setup as recommended by Dallara themselves.
    We know arcadism brings in more crowds.
    The problem is that no amount of chassis tuning can reverse the side effects of the high rear wing and few will at first be able to imagine that a drastic lowering of the rear wing goes a long way towards reducing the understeer problem, especially since it doesn't feel clearly like a fully aerodynamic issue, not to me at least.
    Maybe a hint in the setup notes would solve it.
    Sure enough you can feel the effect of the differential at default acting pretty strongly on corner exit but that's the least of your problems.

6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Graphics update: finally also Helmets are wet, why not?
    20180206173607_1.jpg
    20180206173711_1.jpg

7. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

I think as stated the default setup is what Dallara recommends. it literally took me a few setup changes to dial out the under steer to an acceptable level. It seems the crowd these days just want to jump in and drive without much effort. Perhaps as Christos suggest maybe in the setup screen there can be some setup notes on what will effect the balance to help some newer drivers out, however most of this is just common knowledge to anyone who sim races.

@Slow Motion
    Keep up the good work!

8. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

@Slow Motion

Could you please share your Wet Visor knowledge with me?

Cheers.

9. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

I thought this was interesting reading.
    Personally, whether I am driving RF2 or AMS I do not really feel the difference in CPM sophistication and tech, maybe if I start looking at the numbers I will, but as a driver not really, whether my tires deform or not is not something I can feel per se.
    For me introducing accurate real life physics is a means to allow introduction of realistic driving models, as in the car being as close to it's real life counterpart as possible.
    Not by means of manipulating the numbers till the sim car feels like the real one (rarely if ever such close cooperation between drivers, mechanics and developers exists), but more in terms of getting access to the real numbers, punching them in and getting as realistic a result as possible.
    I cannot have the slightest idea how close we are to such realism but that is the goal, isn't it?
    That the car designer will create his next world beating design on a PC and whether they create a sim car out of it or a real car out of the exact same blueprints it would handle exactly the same.

Slow Motion likes this.
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

we were thinking to add the hand as wiper for the visor... but the code is for wipers, two speed, not editable.

Anyway, speaking about visor, we'll add 3 options to the default ISI visor:
    • "visor that allows rain", already shown few days ago:
    20180201154638_1.jpg

• "enhanced visor for 16:9 screens"
    20180206173737_1.jpg

• "enhanced visor for 4:3 screens" (below you see how it appears in 16:9... of course in 4:3 it appears like the above one)
    20180206174010_1.jpg

Louis, Prodigy, F1Aussie and 4 others like this.
  12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

We are still in full development step and maybe we'll change something, no idea at the moment. Anyway there isn't anything of mysterious. S397 gave all info into the "developer guide".

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

• Okay, we almost closed to the end of the whole rain stuff adding driver's suit
    • Also a new default color and a different look for fabric to the default driver's suit
    20180213091908_1.jpg 20180213091836_1.jpg

• and the new rear jack lift bracket for 2017 and 2018 series (in effect it was introduced since last year...)
    20180213091530_1.jpg

pkelly, coltair, Mauro and 7 others like this.
  14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Love how it looks. In fact, the better the graphics the faster I'm able to drive.

So I can catch up and see what the car ahead looks like. Especially if it's got 'Bottle-O' written on it...

Are the rain/helmet updates in now or coming soon? I'd love to test it for myself.

15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Ahahaha, we could add a special sponsor... but I don't think it possible on real cars, LOL
    We didn't yet take any decision, if releasing a public update with full rain features and new look before adding new 2018 liveries or waiting for a few. On physics side, we are still waiting for clarifications and new feedback by GP3 people about steering wheel and also waiting for new tires... Probably we'll must wait for several weeks, after first 2018 test in France, then we'll see.
    Thank you.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Cool, Not a problem. I've only just started driving in the wet with the new rain effects and in cars that allow it, looks great!

To be able to see what a single seat driver would see in the rain really adds to the immersion!

Maybe if some hotshot Aussie comes into the series an F3/GP3 car could be painted like this haha [​IMG]

17. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

Please, share me your rain visor files

18. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Visors are specific to this mod. As mentioned before, all the information on how to do this has been provided by S397 already

19. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I think marco will not give his files, I can be wrong.
    Thank's again all the Slowmotion team. Really.

@Marcel Offermans
    Do you plan to do the same (make another HD visor + rain on it on OW) ?

I really hope a better visor than ISI visor which is not realistic visually, to put on all cars + for OW with rain !!

Thank's

20. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

Where? I can't find how to make a visor with the rain drops shader that doesn't have thousand drops