[REL] GP3 SERIES 2016/2017/2018 2.31

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Registered

Hiya, yes that's a fair point my friend and I can have a look. I'd forgotten about that page. I haven't used those fixes in a long time. It was for older mods being used or converted to the newer DX11 version of the game.

I never use pure white for example in RF2, even on the newest mods. It still has a tendency to "blow up" on screen.

I actually wondered at first if it was my HDR monitor settings but switched them off and it made no difference.

It could be a saturation issue maybe so I'll try the adjustment layer on top to see if that makes any difference.

I'm not criticizing, that's not in my nature. I'm more than happy to work around the issue. It's just figuring out what to do. :)

If I have any luck I'll share on here if it helps others in the future.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
  2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

If you take a look at your rF2 directory, there is a Templates folder. What I have done is open any of the current GT3 templates. In the PSD, there is an albedo layer. I copy that layer over to the template I'm working on. I usually copy over the region folder as well, as that is needed for all the region maps.

Emery likes this.
  3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Registered

Hiya, yes I think that maybe part of the problem. Due to the age of the mod there appear to be no region maps for this one. No region files are created when you make the livery folder from within the RF2 Showroom (like other mods) and there are no region options available from within the showroom so I don't believe this mod has them. I'm guessing it was originally a DX9 mod?

I did look at one of the supplied cars and in the showroom the stripes it had look purple but in Photoshop they are blue so I think it's an issue of saturation and just experimenting.

However I will try what you suggest as well to see if that makes any difference. I don't have to be exact on coloring, if it's near enough that's good for me.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

@Andrew Harper What do you think about using our Formula 3 Mod for the Years 2019-2023 instead of the GP3?
    The Car is almost the same, but younger and still in use in the FIA. :)

vava74 and atomed like this.
  5. boxer

boxer Registered

Correct rF2 didn't support region maps at that time. The issue could be that rF2 graphics engine has changed since these cars were done. So I'm not surprised the balance could be off now. Also IMO rF2 under S397 tends to over saturate the colours. When we painted the skins there were no such issues... at least for me. But for sure following the rF2 paint guide is a must. The other thing to consider is that if you are using colours from web source like event photos... they are most likely supersaturated / over processed already so you may have to tone them down a bit.