GP-2015 mod [cancelled]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Navigator, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks William, nice article.

Just a small thing; I would rather have you linking the demo version (0.52) instead of the test version. The demo is "safe" and gives an idea of how it should be whilst the test version you are linking to, is meant to test/try and give feedback on "new stuff" that might not be so great. Guys may get a wrong impression.

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, I had some setback.
    Also I can't see my screen anymore due to tremendous headaches when I sit behind the pc.
    I am absolutely not feeling well lately......really not feeling well.

On top of all that; again the questions;
    - you should use the models of...... or better; you MUST use the models of......
    - the sound comes from the Renault....... (So what if it did? If it sounds okay/like real world)
    - the rain tire doesn't work well (I said that many, many times!!)
    - guys taking the test version and think its a finished mod........

So I'm explaining more than I am working on the mod.
    It makes me realize I can't live up to the high expectations people here have from just a guy who does this in his spare time for free, just as a hobby.

Project terminated.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
  3. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks for your efforts, and thanks for trying. Good luck with your health. Take care.

4. nultweezes

nultweezes Registered

Sorry to hear this man. But health is more important than anything.

5. yusupov

yusupov Registered

well im gonna say the selfish thing bc its what i feel right now, this is a real bummer. this was/is such a fantastically exciting work, for me & i gather many others.

regarding the explaining/etc, i (and am sure others) would be happy to take that duty from you at every possible point...but i understand seeing the same ignorant criticisms over & over takes a toll.

of course i wish you the best with your health. but i do hope, when you feel better, youll consider starting this back up again. this really has the foundation to be my favorite f1 sim car.

6. TJones

TJones Registered

Sad news!
    But i agree, your health is most important, i think you should take a break then, as long as you need.

You shouldn't set yourself back, by comments of some people which obviously lack on respect of other peoples work.
    I'm sure very most community members agree with me when i say, you are a very talented modder!
    Your mod is very good as it is (0.52 and 0.62), i can't see any strong need to change something shortly. Of course you may find always something to improve, as i think you are pretty much a perfectionist. :)

Thank's for the opportunity to enjoy the result of your work. Hope to hear from you, get well soon!

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Health is more important than pleasing some guys in dark rooms, err...., there is a space between those words... otherwise..

But on the other hand, when you feel better, godnondeju Wim, suck it up, people appreciate your work, screw the ones that don't, I knew you wanted to get into modding, you actually succeeded, don't let some haters drag you down, you're not modding for those guys anyways :)

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

William heeft gelijk Wim, maar je gezondheid is en gevoel van welbehagen is het aller belangrijkst. De auto(mod) is goed, man man is die goed. laat je niet ontmoedigen door k....z.....n hier die niet eens weten wat de vullingsgraad van een cilinder inhoud ;)

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Unfortunately it's the piss poor attitudes that seem to get the most attention around here. Just too bad. Anyway, take some time off away from the computer and hopefully you'll feel better soon man.

10. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Get well soon dude.

I understand the.....frustration.... When people knock or criticise something you put a lot of time in to.

Take a prolonged break.....see how you feel later down the line. It would be such a shame if you point blank threw in the towel.

People really need some perspective and appreciation of how much time, hard work and quite a lot of personal sacrifice these things take for nothing but giving others enjoyment and a good dose of personal satisfaction.

Get well soon :)

11. bwana

bwana Registered

Breakaway from it all for awhile friend,don't even bother with the forums. Take some time out with family and friends. Get better first and foremost and know that there are plenty lapping in your car with huge smiles on their faces...

12. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Really sad to hear this! I was looking forward to the updates. Navigator, heel veel beterschap gewenst!

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for the kind words guys.

The truth is; I worry......a lot. I'm to scared to go to a doctor.
    I really should as I have a wife and two young daughters to support......

I want some distraction; fiddling on the mod. I can't do that as I black out after 5 minutes looking at the damn screen.

Static from (some) guys although a minority; I just can't deal with that. It gets to me.

Result is; I just hate the car right now.
    I'm angry, but I don't know at who or what.

So, that's why I removed the links too; I can't handle yet another guy downloading it and giving me static. I got other things on my mind.

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Take a break from here, see your doctor, and go for walks with your family. I'm sure you're just stressed and some exercise combined with family time will do wonders for your health. :)

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Damn man, I really sympathize with you. :(
    I know the feeling all too well, as I am also the type of person who worries, way too much.
    That stuff about the doctor, know that feeling too, unfortunately.

Please get your mind as free of worry as possible, and get away from the monitor and the things that make you unwell.
    Get better soon.

16. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

The Doctor may have good news or advice, you won't know until you go and see. It is your choice but whatever you choose I hope you feel better soon.

Try to ignore the few who criticise, your contributions to the community are appreciated by many more.

17. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

See you doctor ASAP. Health is much more important than the mod.

18. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Well i feel like a complete knob questioning about the car models now.... Sorry to hear that Navigator i really liked your mod hope you get better soon. Sorry once again.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

20. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I know it is very frustrating, I was involved in a MOD too, and it takes all your free time as a vampire.

Let the computer alone, open a red wine, play music if you do, or just listen a good vinilo. Feel like in 1989. Do that for two days and if you still feel bad, go to the doctor.